Source for souffle pearl earrings besides PP?

Here they are with different backgrounds. The one with the gold chain is my snail pendant (if you turn it sideway).

Attachments

• PP Black Friday 2013 souffle pendants.jpg
    PP Black Friday 2013 souffle pendants.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 41
  • img_4011_copy.jpg
    img_4011_copy.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 33
  • img_4013_copy.jpg
    img_4013_copy.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 35
  • img_4014_copy.jpg
    img_4014_copy.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 45
  • img_4015_copy.jpg
    img_4015_copy.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 31
  • img_4018_copy.jpg
    img_4018_copy.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 32
Those are both gorgeous pendants! You must have the greatest pearl jewelry collection. :)

Ok, I am enabled. I'm going to be getting a super souffle set. Thanks for helping me understand the difference in souffles.

At this moment I really dislike souffle pearls. Just been knotting a multi bracelet and b******** me the nylon silk broke on the penultimate pearl. It had to be at the end, didn't it. Souffles are such a pain to knot (it's getting the needle to align and go through the far hole if you've never attempted that particular tease)
Apologies for mini hijack of thread -ish but I am sooooooooooooooooo irked.

I assume you're talking about knotting souffle that have been on a temp strand, correct? Try taking the last knot apart, apply a bit of glue to the thread and your silk and then pull the entire length through onto your knotting thread. This way you don't even have to thread a needle through them.

If it's on a wire it will work using the same concept.

Hisano sometimes ties a small knot to pull it through instead of using glue.

That would work with the knotting method you use but not with the way I do'em, but thanks Jeremy. I've left them to think about how bad they have been.

pearlescence -- after sitting a while contemplating their naughtiness (perhaps wearing little souffle dunce caps facing the corner), I hope they apologize to you nicely.

montacute -- keep us posted about your super souffle set. I hope you are as delighted with your souffles as I am!

pearlescence -- after sitting a while contemplating their naughtiness (perhaps wearing little souffle dunce caps facing the corner), I hope they apologize to you nicely.

montacute -- keep us posted about your super souffle set. I hope you are as delighted with your souffles as I am!

I absolutely will. Thank you again. I saw pictures of your super souffle strand and it completely inspired me. Just beautiful.

So there I was this morning, just about finished making it all over again, la la la it's all going swimmingly......and b******** me, the thread snapped again (now this is v strong nylon remember). in exactly the same place. I suspect that souffle has a razor blade buried inside it. The pearls behaved perfectly and no probs with getting the needle lined up. I was feeling very happy....
(btw Jeremy, these were loose left over souffs..making something for myself, so not on a temp strand)

Done and dusted now. I removed the razor blade nucleated soof
here it is, looking razor blade nucleated pearl.jpg all innocent and shiny

Here is the bracelet
bracelet.jpg
Quick snap, not really caught all the pink and blue overtones

and here is a brooch I made
crescent moon
it looks more blue in natural daylight and less like an embryo
moon.jpg

I assume you're talking about knotting souffle that have been on a temp strand, correct? Try taking the last knot apart, apply a bit of glue to the thread and your silk and then pull the entire length through onto your knotting thread. This way you don't even have to thread a needle through them.

If it's on a wire it will work using the same concept.

Hisano sometimes ties a small knot to pull it through instead of using glue.

Clever little possums you are... never thought to do that ... duh

Wendy...well done! I would have given up and used a fine wire lol

Back