Some of my odd pearl creations

la_corsetiere

Super Moderator
It's cold and gloomy, so decided to sit out in the rain and take photos of some of my slightly less conventional pearl creations.

The necklace is a combination of freshwater and natural grey baroque akoya pearls with vermeil and rough diamonds. The bat and spider/web pendants are tahitian and south sea pearls with sterling and vermeil.

These are my goth pearls...:D

Sheri

Attachments

• pearls 002.jpg
    pearls 002.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 51
  • pearls 003.jpg
    pearls 003.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 41
  • pearls 001.jpg
    pearls 001.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 39
I just love the necklace - definitely my colour tones, and it is just divine! Do you sell these gorgeous pieces?

I really don't have a goth bone in my body, but I do love good design, and I think your goth pieces are pretty special too - we have to wear things that express our individuality! Great to see beautiful pearls used in such a unique way..

Yes, you have some very creative designs. Very nice.

I just love the necklace - definitely my colour tones, and it is just divine! Do you sell these gorgeous pieces?

I do sell some of my pieces, but I'm afraid the necklace would be rather pricey, as those raw diamonds alone were $200 (and a real pain to work with - the tiniest holes imaginable!!!). The adventure was more in the making than the wearing, though I do really love the colors. Feel free to PM me if you would like more information.

And thanks to you all for your kind comments about my creepy goth pieces!:D

Sheri

You really are quite the designer! Very impressive.

I really like the bat pendant, especially how you chose that pearl for the top, reminds me of a moon with cobwebs on it. I love fun jewelry, thanks for making it!
MAKE MORE!
Sarah

I particularly enjoy the bat with the pearl. An imaginative use of the tahitian!

When I look at these photographs, and the others I have seen from the 'Lowly Beaders' I am so envious. I can't imagine the level of skill, patience, and creativity necessary to turn out such beautiful pieces. I looked at that necklace and gasped. I'm no Goth (although I hate to say it, I was when I was 16), and I'm no spring chicken either, but oh what I'd give to wear it.

What fun, Sheri!

Love the pieces, and your brave use of gold and silver together!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

What fun, Sheri!

Love the pieces, and your brave use of gold and silver together!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I used to be much more of a purist, but I've discovered there's a lot more flexibility when you mix things up a bit...

Sheri

Such imagination, Sheri - I really love the spider and bat themed pieces. You have a real flare...

Pearls and bugs?????

Pearls and bugs?????

O.K., so I've shown you my pearls with bats and spiders, and earrings with shark teeth, not to mention pearls that want to be hands (or maybe chicken feet?), but thought I really should add this to the thread...I made this almost 20 years ago, before the pearl bug (no pun intended, really...) hit, but I've clearly been besotted by pearls for a long, long time. This necklace features multicolored freshwater pearls, a faceted citrine, and a genuine beetle! I've always loved and been inspired by art nouveau. Anyway, wanted to share another odd pearl creation of mine...thanks for indulging me:D

Sheri

Attachments

• pearls 002.jpg
    pearls 002.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 49
  • pearls 001.jpg
    pearls 001.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 49
Wow!! I love your beetle necklace!! It's unusual and very beautiful. I love art nouveau too. Your necklace reminds me of Alphonse Mucha's work.

First, let me say that it's terrific - a wild art nouveau fantasy. You did a very good job on it. :cool:

Now let me ruin all that by saying that I just saw the movie The Mummy a couple of nights ago, just long enough to see the scene where the fossilized beetle he's holding comes to life and dives under his skin... No real bugs for me - Ha ha! :eek:

Back