Some of my odd pearl creations

Clearly, I'm of the mind that pearls don't have to be staid and serious...

Lisa, the birds' nests are crocheted wire - I think on those I used 26 guage. I make tentacles out of all sorts of materials, but this one happens to be out of polymer clay.

Sheri

I remember all your posts about crocheted wire! Did you give the tutorial at Ruckus ever?

That was actually knitted wire, using a multi-pronged spindle device. I didn't teach it at the ruckus, as you have to have the tool to do it. I was thinking of teaching how to make the birds nests at the ruckus, if people are interested. All you need is a very small crochet hook, fine wire, egg-shaped pearls. Good eyes or magnifiers are helpful, too!

That was actually knitted wire, using a multi-pronged spindle device. I didn't teach it at the ruckus, as you have to have the tool to do it. I was thinking of teaching how to make the birds nests at the ruckus, if people are interested. All you need is a very small crochet hook, fine wire, egg-shaped pearls. Good eyes or magnifiers are helpful, too!

Some one take step by step photos or video it so we poor souls who can't get there can see it !!!!! PULEEEZZEE!! ;)

How I missed this bat I don't know...but glad I found it:

pearls 001.jpg

It's cold and gloomy, so decided to sit out in the rain and take photos of some of my slightly less conventional pearl creations.

The necklace is a combination of freshwater and natural grey baroque akoya pearls with vermeil and rough diamonds. The bat and spider/web pendants are tahitian and south sea pearls with sterling and vermeil.

These are my goth pearls...:D

Sheri

Oh cool. If anything would get my husband to wear pearls, it's a bat.

Oh cool. If anything would get my husband to wear pearls, it's a bat.

haha! I could say the same for my daughter. She prefers bats or skulls added to her pearl strands!

Thanks BPDDC, I don't know how I missed this either!

Back