Some favourites from my collection

When I was expecting my daughter, a younger acquaintance told me that all three of her pregnancies were a breeze and delivery no big deal. A couple of hours only.

I was not so lucky!

From the experience of two deliveries, I'd say the shorter the delivery period, the more intense the pain. Not sure 'a couple of hours' is something I would wish for.

I was vomiting badly throughout my labour and barely had strength to push at the end so I'm definitely hoping for a shorter delivery with this one.

And back to pearls... Thanks to all who like my purples! Hubby is travelling so I don't have time to take pics for a while. Will be back to post more when I find some time or if my old photos are decent enough.

My two deliveries weren't that great either -- though my first was OK (didn't think so at the time, only after I had my first; ha). That said, delivery is what it is, we can only make sure we get the best care possible, and wish for the best.

The best thing I did both times was getting a night nurse for two weeks after each delivery. Even with night wake ups for breast feeding, it made a huge difference. I even heard of someone who had a night nurse for six months :)

As for those radiant pregnant women..... good for them :)

Remember the Pp Connoisseur Sale back in Sep 2014?

Well, I got a few loose pearls from that sale and snagged the cutest pearl of the lot too.

This:
image.jpeg

And here's the description: :rolleyes:
image.jpg

I took a while to decide what to do with it and the other loose pearls that I got...

These:
image.jpg

And in the end finally got them set as charms, with a tiny diamond accent on the special pearl that looks like a Russian doll to me...
image.jpg

And here they are (I didn't have time to snap new pics so these are from a year ago)...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have fond memories of this charm bracelet as I was only able to snag so many pearls cos I was waking up at odd hours in my part of the world to feed my newborn son, and also cos some kind pearl friends let me have their pearls when they changed their mind about getting them. Plus they have stunning overtones and are fun to fiddle with when I'm wearing them.

So how many of you still have loose pearls from that batch that have not been set?

Thanks for the memories about those special pearls. Here are a couple of mine. The beautiful 10.3 mm is still unset. I've had a number of ideas, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The plump little 9.6 mm drop is set in a 14 kt yellow gold little h pendant setting.

tdrop103.jpg

Attachments

• tdrop96.jpg
    tdrop96.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 26
  • tdrop96_set.jpg
    tdrop96_set.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 26
Goodness, I thought I'd already commented in this thread-- I've certainly been following it closely! Thank you for sharing your fantastic collection, icy jade! I love them all but if I had to pick favorites it would be the harvest strand and little bird ring.

I have a few of those loose Tahitians from the Connoisseur sale, too. I hope they offer more of them during the next sale.

Keep the pictures coming, please!

Thanks peeps! Happy to share pics and get some enjoyment out of these pearls via the screen. You can imagine that I'm not wearing them at all with a toddler around.

=========
Pattye: never bored indeed!

Red: memories.... Those crazy days when I was getting up every 2-3 hours... the thread on Ps was fun too. I did enjoy seeing what everyone else got. In fact I may go back and scroll thru again.

Kelluvpearls: Glad to be of help.

Baby nurse: hey, more pearl pics to come so don't pick favourites yet... What happened to the connoisseur sale this year anyway?

Gemgeek: luckily I'm usually not the one driving so I can play in the car on boring drives...

Katbran: I toyed with making pendants, mismatched earrings, etc... But since I don't have many bracelets, I'm really glad I went with the charm bracelet option.

IcyJade, The "Love birds" ring has always been one of my favorites. Your collection has amazed me as I mostly lurk on this forum and others. I'm happy to finally tell you how much I've enjoyed viewing your treasures.

That bracelet is glorious, so nice to see it again! Drool worthy for sure.

Back