SoC Mabe Pearl Necklace

Oh my! You look just stunning in your Sea of Cortez!! Congratulations again! The size of the mabes make a necklace like this "wear" a little shorter, as happens with large round pearl necklaces also. (In my experience, about 1 inch shorter.) If you lay the necklace flat and clasp it, then hold a soft tape measure inside the ring, you'll be able to get an idea of the "real" length of the necklace, as opposed to the measurement when stretched out straight.

It certainly looks marvelous with your skin tones.

I think 4 more mabe should do it, for a close but not taut fit. Very medieval princess look, radiant!

Lord, were it mine, I'd add 2 mabe every year til it reached my midriff. Course, by then I'd be all bent over and it wouldn't matter where my midriff was...

Change of plan! While you're still young and comely, add enough to look regal!

Last edited:
If adding more mabes aren't in the cards, a silver extender chain would be great, too. And you could adjust the length to your desire depending on mood and the collar you are wearing.

Thank you for the neck shots. SoC colors tend to be a bit camera-shy, but I love them all the same.

Such a beautiful piece. If you think it is a bit small, I'm sure it can be lengthened with a chain, as others have mentioned.

Pkinnew, you look beautiful in your new Sea of Cortez necklace ... you're right, photos only give a glimpse of it's glory :) If the length is a bit snug, I highly recommend a 3" extender chain; makes a world of difference ...

I have seen and admired a number of 18th century paintings where strands of pearls were tied at the back of the neck with a silk ribbon. If you were to replace the clasp with two rings large enough to accommodate a narrow ribbon, this could be a charming, inexpensive, and adjustable solution.

It looks great on you just as it is. Wow, those pearls are super-special! :)

Back