Small size of Akoya Pearls in Shortage

We don't buy them often or put them on the site because most people prefer larger pearls, and pearls that small can can cost as much or even more than larger pearls, which can be difficult to understand.

I agree with Jeremy that Price/ size is the main problem, a small but perfect pearl is harder to sell than a baroque but bigger.
Anyway, if the wearer is older and/ or bigger, another way to wear tiny pearls is multistrand. Here is a brilliant demonstration :
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6269&p=95401#post95401

Oh Goodie, I got the second page!!! LOL! Thanks, you guys. I don't know why my phone is balking, time to try the web.

hi caitlin
hanks for running my first post now i have learnt to work it there should be more.
our pearls are not dyed as you can check with Nerida or Bernadette who were both present At our harvest in 2012. pearls can be bought online at sales@brokenbaypearls.com.au
denisl

I read it the first time. I never thought they were. It was obvious to me from the first second I saw them, that you have lovely pearls. Really lovely, and they are much in line with what a lot of people want now.

I just wanted people to see the page where you say that they aren't colored. It is the answer to a concern we had a couple of weeks ago. Now to find out who sells them online?

Was last week here in Bangkok where they processed huge quantities of Akoya pearls for the Japanese market, even saw the drilling of 1.5 mm Akoya pearls. They produced also for the Japanese TV Jewelry channel and tyhe quantities sold through there are very high.
Beautiful 3.5 mm, 3.5.4 mm,etc in different qualities from cheap to expensive. Was really surprised to get such extensive tour and explanation.

I have had our brand of adda pearl of cultured for decades. We are not afraid of work it takes to maintain quality and continuous service to some retailers who recognize the brand and customer building potential. My road experience has taught me the value of personal customer customer service. We have replaced customer mis matched adda necklaces 16" with new material at a trade value., (Jewelers often bought anywhere with disdain for quality. They had an emphasis on price only, & judging that the customer won't know). Coincidentally. Ive been on site when a granddaughter brought t in grandma's necklace. The smile made my efforts worth while. We have felt that for all the effort on all parts the retail customer is entitled to the best money can buy. TODAY. box stores and Internet anonymity might make personal attention more valuable to some. End of blah !

If you saw a woman in a designer dress with a small uniform strand or a small graduated strand who wouldn't assume they were genuine.
SPEAKING OF WHICH. A graduated natural necklace just sold at auction for 12k. and an OUTSTANDING . Appx 12 x 16mm perfect tear drop shape GIA certed natural salt water pearl mounted in platinum pendant sold for $388,000.00. WOW!

small size Akoya

small size Akoya

Judi, the Bangkok operation of the Japanese wholesaler is in Gemopolis.
See the photo's of 3.5 - 4 mm Akoya strands I bought, consumers can not buy there.

Attachments

• E 54
    E 54
    13.3 KB · Views: 44
  • E 57
    E 57
    17.6 KB · Views: 45
  • E 55
    E 55
    12.9 KB · Views: 51
small pearl studs

small pearl studs

Is this still the case? I am after pearl studs in around 5mm for my tiny-non-existent ear lobes. Any help as to where I could some good quality ones would be much appreciated.

I have 3 1/2, 4, and 4 1/2 in Akoya and 5mm in FWCP. and so on. 14k white or yellow clutches and post. or sterling. or combine 14k post with the clutch of your choice.
I could no doubt suply you with near AAA in some of these sizes. You can email me at pearl-man@ameritech.net..... in the subject line mention pearl-guide request.
I hope this helps.

Norm aka pearl-man

I am going to try and post a picture. I don't understand why an old geek like me has trouble. Maybe cause I work in PC and Apple confusion reigns. I have two lots pictured here
that the forum might like to see of some 3 x 3.5 and 4 x 4.5 all new since Dec 2012. This material is 98% AAA clean and round and Akoya. As long as they are l this quality I dont
care where the farm is or if there are 4 countries in one necklace as long as they match. I think the end product is whats important.
NormIMG_1889.jpgIMG_1890.jpg

Small pearl long ropes look great, especially in combo. I personally love those small pearls. I am over klonks.

I completely agree with you Caitlin. And Jeremy, your wife's pearls look beautiful! I remember reading her PP blog post about them and thinking that I NEED a small mm rope myself :cool:

Back