Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks so much, Steve!

That pearl and setting make such a unique necklace BWeaves!

I have your number lary007! And you probably have mine, too, given the purchases.;) That Live Kasumi event was fantastic!!!

Wow, that teaser from Takahashi… so many choices! I can’t wait to see what they decide to show. So, I’m posting some Akoya from Takahashi. A rope that was made of two temp strands that are from my visit to the Takahashi office in October. Worn with turquoise and pearl earrings from Hawaii, and a turquoise station chain I put together.
View attachment 469042View attachment 469043
Such a clean, fresh look.

The hamantaschen pendant is ridiculously beautiful. That last picture really shows the luster very well. You probably mentioned before, but how did you come up with its name?
Hamantaschen are the triangle shaped cookies eaten during Purim. Google "Hamantaschen" and you'll get lots of pictures, and then you'll understand the pearl name. I don't know if the 3 stick nuclei were positioned in the mollusk specifically to create a triangle shape, or if the 3 stick nuclei shifted and the triangle shape was unexpected, but it looked so much like a hamantaschen that I had to have it.

So now I need to remember:

Mezurashi
Erotochromatic
Eromachikku
polypearlamorous
polypearlicious
and 100% Kojima chested or Kamoka chested.

Pearlgirl12: Yes, I also went through the "I just want one good strand of white pearls" to "Give me the most colorful, lumpy, bumpy, baroque, soap bubbly, one of a kind pearls your have." I can't remember the last time I wore my white pearls. I really need to wear them more often.

lary007: Now I have to remember that I bought a golden SS pearl at the Hong Kong Live event. These live events are killing my wallet.

JEG: Lovely! I really love turquoise and gold and pearls together. It's a combination I never thought would go together, but it's beautiful.

Last edited:
Thanks so much CatMom, lary007, pearlgirl12, and BWeaves! I took that pic a couple weeks ago, so here’s more Akoya from Takahashi from a few days ago-

P.S. pearlgirl12- you are a crack up. There is such a variety of pearls to choose from, you can never have enough pearls.

All from Takahashi: Large baroque Akoya in a subtle multi-colored strand, a tin cup I put together with baroque Akoya, and earrings with a couple pearls I pulled out of the strand.
IMG_2526.jpeg
IMG_4570.jpeg

I'm 100% Kojima chested today. Ombre' tin-cup. La Devine Sarah pendant. Winter Snowman and Summer Rain pendants on Mom's diamond earring hoops. These pearls are Mezurashi, Erotochromatic, Eromachikku, polypearlamorous, and polypearlicious.

IMG_2715.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg
IMG_2720.jpeg

BWeaves- love the full Kojima and new pearl vocabulary!

Looking forward to seeing you all at the PP/Takahashi Live Event later today!

Wearing a multi-colored Tahitian strand from Hawaii, Japan Kasumi golden drop earrings from Kojima, and a Tahitian tin cup I put together.
IMG_2527.jpeg
IMG_2528.jpeg

Pajama Sunday. Pomme de la Mer South Sea pendant from the first PP Hong Kong event. Pistachio Tahitian earrings from Kojima. These don't match at all, but they all have a green halo and a pink center that complement each other. The pendant looks like a golden delicious apple. I love the green and pink vs. karat gold of this SS pearl.

IMG_2722.jpeg
IMG_2721.jpeg

Last edited:
They are very complimentary, BWeaves!

Deep lavender FW pearls from one of PP’s HK Live events. They were loose pearls in a bracelet length that I made into a tin cup. A tourmaline necklace and earrings I made. The little center tourmaline was a gift from the vendor. I haven’t decided if I’m still going to change it up a little.
IMG_2571.jpeg
IMG_4794.jpeg

Pajama Sunday. Pomme de la Mer South Sea pendant from the first PP Hong Kong event. Pistachio Tahitian earrings from Kojima. These don't match at all, but they all have a green halo and a pink center that complement each other. The pendant looks like a golden delicious apple. I love the green and pink vs. karat gold of this SS pearl.

View attachment 469073View attachment 469074
Way to class up Pajama Sunday!

I know I suck at it. I've tried doing wired jewelry but I'm much better at using yarn.

I enjoyed lusting after all those tiny keshi tonight on the PP Live event. Unfortunately, I only like the pieces with 50 or more strands, and sapphires. I know from previous experience that 5 strands of keshi doesn't cut it for me. I have PSS (pearl shrinkage syndrome) and I need big fat pearls or lots and lots and lots of strands. But that's when it gets really expensive, so I sat on my hands. I know I have a Kasumi pearl I've yet to see.

Last edited:
Is wire wrapping difficult to master?
I don't think so. But after 5 frozen shoulders (inflammation) I can't do more than a few wraps a day. I love the feeling of it as you go 'swush!' and the wire is in place. You can practice with cheap base metal. I ended up liking that look so much, I've used gold colored base metal for pretty much everything. It oxidizes in a great way as contrast to the pearls.

MSC: Don't leave us hanging. Tell us about those!

Last night's Akoya keshi live event made me dig out Mom's Rice Krispies. I know, I know, they're not the same thing, but I do love the feel of lots of strands of smaller pearls. And they're 100% nacre. The Dragon originally came with 8 strands, but Mom asked the vendor to add 4 more strands, so it's stuffed with 12 strands.

Here be Dragons! I tried twisting them up as a torsade, but I didn't like it as much. The necklace felt stiffer and the dragon head would roll over. I kept untwisting it and trying it on, but I ended back up where I started with one twist. I like the feel of the multiple strands laying like silken strands.

IMG_2735.jpeg

Petite ruby hearts with round akoya drops that Mom bought for me from Mayor's Jewelers 35 or 40 years ago. I loved drop earrings even back then, but never saw actual drop shaped pearls until I came on Pearl Guide and you all pointed me to all these wonderful online vendors.

IMG_2731.jpeg
IMG_2727.jpeg

The clasp on the dragon is behind his head. I rarely unclasp him, but slip the necklace over my head. I only unclasp him if I want to twist the pearls up into a torsade.

IMG_2723.jpeg
IMG_2724.jpeg

The Dragon has ruby eyes, diamonds on his forehead and ring, and sapphires on the other side. The ring is loose and moves in the dragon's mouth.

IMG_2725.jpeg

Last edited:
@MSC - I need information on the beauties on your hand!

@BWeaves - I don't think I've seen those ruby and pearl earrings before! They are adorable. I also love the GSS pomme de la mer! I just picked up one of the super dark goldens from Takahashi's live event and I'm very excited to figure out what it will become. This is good inspiration.

@jeg - those purple edisons are just stunning. And I love them paired with the keshis in the earrings.

I don't think so. But after 5 frozen shoulders (inflammation) I can't do more than a few wraps a day. I love the feeling of it as you go 'swush!' and the wire is in place. You can practice with cheap base metal. I ended up liking that look so much, I've used gold colored base metal for pretty much everything. It oxidizes in a great way as contrast to the pearls.
I'd have to see what motions are involved. I was going to try to learn beading first, but I've had recurring trigger finger. It's messing up my dexterity, as well as my ability to give my fellow NY drivers instant feedback vis-à-vis their driving ability and courtesy level. (No I don't really do that; I just want all my fingers to work.)

Back