Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Good morning folks! Ive been lurking and liking posts, but not posting much because Ive been busy with work šŸ˜…

Its rainy season here in the Philippines, and i got this great shot of my bead nuked freshwater strand. Since it was overcast/drizzling, my phone was able to get more of the different colors in orient between each pearl.

I love how some of the darker purple ones show greens, and reddish bronzes

View attachment 465522
Wow StevieBoy that looks really nice on you...very colorful...Isn't it amazing how pearls look different in different lighting...some can look like a totally different strand!

Thanks so much, CatMom! The Intergem show I got those at was years ago when most people were not interested in little baroque Akoya, and they were a bargain. I havenā€™t been to a show in a while. Iā€™ll be interested to hear what you find. Youā€™ll be looking through new eyes now that you have been beading up a storm! I love all your new projects!

StevieBoy, your colorful freshies look great on you! Donā€™t work too hard so you can join us now and then.:)

I was able to get a couple earrings from the little h pop up. I have always loved her earlier work with the yellow and pink sapphires and rubies, and I was so happy to be able to get a pair of the earrings. Worn with a necklace I put together.
View attachment 465559View attachment 465560
Beautiful Jeg...I love how unique your necklace is with the pearls and the colors in between.... Your Little H earrings are GORGEOUS! Glad you got some earrings from Little H's popup...I thought I was safe because I couldn't attend and then I got the email last night...HA!! I was bad this morning! I guess I don't have any self control :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Catmom: You inspired me to dig out my dyed freshwater, side drilled drops. I call this my Squiggle necklace. I bought these pearls from a bead store with the intention of using them on the fringe of some of my handwoven shawls. However, I loved the way the side drilled drops looked while strung on their temporary thread, so I decided to just make a necklace out of them. There's no clasp. I like to wear the silver knots asymmetrically.

Kamoka B&W studs. These are the peacock / lavender pair.

View attachment 465524View attachment 465523
Wow, BWeaves, this is stunning!! Love it!

Thanks so much, CatMom! The Intergem show I got those at was years ago when most people were not interested in little baroque Akoya, and they were a bargain. I havenā€™t been to a show in a while. Iā€™ll be interested to hear what you find. Youā€™ll be looking through new eyes now that you have been beading up a storm! I love all your new projects!

StevieBoy, your colorful freshies look great on you! Donā€™t work too hard so you can join us now and then.:)

I was able to get a couple earrings from the little h pop up. I have always loved her earlier work with the yellow and pink sapphires and rubies, and I was so happy to be able to get a pair of the earrings. Worn with a necklace I put together.
Are these yellow sapphire to pink sapphire (or ruby) ombre earrings? I love that look...looks great on you!

Just finished my stringing session. For now I just strung the FWs with a box clasp I had. I may do something else with them later. Isn't that what's so fun about doing your own stringing, lol? I am wearing them with my Kamoka ring and pendant and tahitian drop earrings and a FW circle bracelet I did last week. I also stung my top drilled rice pearls. I like how they came out.

View attachment 465507

View attachment 465508

View attachment 465509

View attachment 465510
So stunning Catmom! I love the box clasp! the pearls are really shifty and look different in different lighting... Looks almost like a perfect match to your Kamoka ring!! Love your rice pearl necklace...everything is amazing!!

The earrings look wonderful with your necklace jeg. I'm partial to her pink sapphire ones as well.

Can't wait to see what you got! I was so tempted but I had to be good in case I find something at the show next weekend.

So stunning Catmom! I love the box clasp! the pearls are really shifty and look different in different lighting... Looks almost like a perfect match to your Kamoka ring!! Love your rice pearl necklace...everything is amazing!!
Thank you heartofawareness! They are shifty and really colorful in the right light.

Thank you CatMom and heartofawareness!

Another pair of earrings from the little h pop up- dangly seed pearl earrings. Worn with a rope of early freshwater pearls and a necklace of Kasumi keshi.
IMG_1388.jpeg
IMG_1384.jpeg

Gorgeous earrings jeg and they are perfect with your rope and keshi strand. The colors match perfectly!

I attempted my first double strand using FW silvers and whites. They don't line up like I thought they were going to but I don't mind how it turned out. I think I need to drop one silver pearl in each section in the inner strand to get them to line up better. I had some pearls left over so I made a complimentary bracelet.

1691168855232.jpeg

1691168888428.jpeg

1691169034008.jpeg

Thank you, CatMom!

Your double strand turned out great! I like the reverse order on your bracelet and both look so lovely with your top! Just a suggestion instead of removing any pearls from the center, would be to rearrange the pearls on one of the strands so the pattern on both strands are not lined up at the center. Adding a very rough sketch:18: It could still cause some white ones to be close along the sides, but it would change the center where your eyes are drawn.
IMG_1614.jpeg

Thank you, CatMom!

Your double strand turned out great! I like the reverse order on your bracelet and both look so lovely with your top! Just a suggestion instead of removing any pearls from the center, would be to rearrange the pearls on one of the strands so the pattern on both strands are not lined up at the center. Adding a very rough sketch:18: It could still cause some white ones to be close along the sides, but it would change the center where your eyes are drawn.
View attachment 465568
That makes total sense jeg.

Iā€™m sorry, maybe I misunderstood and you meant that the inner strand was too long. If thatā€™s the case, pay no attention to me!

Iā€™m sorry, maybe I misunderstood and you meant that the inner strand was too long. If thatā€™s the case, pay no attention to me!
No, you had it right.

Thank you @lary007 @CatMom and @heartofawareness ! @heartofawareness that pastel rope is just perfect! Happy that the comparison pictures showed that the rope definitely belongs with you;-) I love how each of your ropes is different all of them stunning! You absolutely have space for those silverish pastels too;-)

I have made a little trip off the ban island recently, when I received the SS circles from Druzy for my Momā€™s necklace I fell in love with them and couldnā€™t resist when the bracelet I have been eying forever went on sale...I was so so excited for it and the moment when I opened the box with pearls...I gasped...they are amazing! in my humble opinion...They even hold up quite well against my Holy Grail gem luster Paspaley drop from Pearlzaustralia. Needless to say my tan loves them too ;-) Happy happy happy...View attachment 465486View attachment 465489View attachment 465488View attachment 465487
Oooooh that looks gorgeous! That is a beautiful pearl šŸ„°lovely to see it again!,, and the circles are fantastic. I do love circles !

I got an email Wednesday evening. I think you can still shop the collection.
Oh no. I didn't get an email. I had checked the little h website yesterday, just for fun, and it's no longer up. Sigh. There were some things I wanted. My wallet thanks me, though.

Back