Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lary007: Love the little h pendant.

Just hanging around the house doing sprang today. Kojima freshwater keshi necklace. Coin pearls from Karen Brown Jewelry. Miki earrings.

I really love this keshi necklace. It's a great little layering piece. Unfortunately, I have a hard time figuring out what to layer it with. The pearls are very silver toned, and the rest of my pearls are pinked or white, or the wrong length.

IMG_1539.jpeg
IMG_1540.jpeg

Catmom - can't wait to see the finished look!

Bweaves - I think the keshis pair nicely with the coin pearls. I really enjoy silver tones on freshwater pearls. The nacre on those coins looks nice and thick, too!

Today I am wearing a baroque akoya rope from a shop in Hawaii and a Kingman turquoise pendant. It gets a little lost on the busy pattern but I felt like wearing it anyway. I decided life is too short not to wear the jewelry you want to.
20230801_091445.jpg

Lary007: Love the little h pendant.

Just hanging around the house doing sprang today. Kojima freshwater keshi necklace. Coin pearls from Karen Brown Jewelry. Miki earrings.

I really love this keshi necklace. It's a great little layering piece. Unfortunately, I have a hard time figuring out what to layer it with. The pearls are very silver toned, and the rest of my pearls are pinked or white, or the wrong length.

View attachment 465502View attachment 465501
They look great with your coin pearls BWeaves.

Catmom - can't wait to see the finished look!

Bweaves - I think the keshis pair nicely with the coin pearls. I really enjoy silver tones on freshwater pearls. The nacre on those coins looks nice and thick, too!

Today I am wearing a baroque akoya rope from a shop in Hawaii and a Kingman turquoise pendant. It gets a little lost on the busy pattern but I felt like wearing it anyway. I decided life is too short not to wear the jewelry you want to. View attachment 465503
Gorgeous rope lary007! I like it with your turquoise pendant.

Just finished my stringing session. For now I just strung the FWs with a box clasp I had. I may do something else with them later. Isn't that what's so fun about doing your own stringing, lol? I am wearing them with my Kamoka ring and pendant and tahitian drop earrings and a FW circle bracelet I did last week. I also stung my top drilled rice pearls. I like how they came out.

1690908888413.jpeg

1690908953470.jpeg

1690908985052.jpeg

1690909049814.jpeg

Catmom: The colors of the freshies are lovely. And I love your side drilled drops necklace! I need to dig out my necklace of side drilled drops. I keep forgetting I have it.

Catmom: You inspired me to dig out my dyed freshwater, side drilled drops. I call this my Squiggle necklace. I bought these pearls from a bead store with the intention of using them on the fringe of some of my handwoven shawls. However, I loved the way the side drilled drops looked while strung on their temporary thread, so I decided to just make a necklace out of them. There's no clasp. I like to wear the silver knots asymmetrically.

Kamoka B&W studs. These are the peacock / lavender pair.

IMG_1544.jpeg
IMG_1545.jpeg

Catmom: You inspired me to dig out my dyed freshwater, side drilled drops. I call this my Squiggle necklace. I bought these pearls from a bead store with the intention of using them on the fringe of some of my handwoven shawls. However, I loved the way the side drilled drops looked while strung on their temporary thread, so I decided to just make a necklace out of them. There's no clasp. I like to wear the silver knots asymmetrically.

Kamoka B&W studs. These are the peacock / lavender pair.

View attachment 465524View attachment 465523
Ooo I love it BWeaves. I really like how the pearls go every which way and the colors are beautiful.

Good morning! Lovely way to start the day!
Oh @BWeaves I love your squiggle necklace!

I am so happy to return to all the wonderful posts! I’ll need to spend some time catching up with everyone’s goodies.:love:

I spent a few days playing in San Francisco.
IMG_0710.jpeg

Golden Gate Park
IMG_0740.jpeg
IMG_0745.jpeg

And now it’s back to pearls. A baroque Akoya rope I knotted with pearls from an Intergem show, An Akoya necklace I made with pearls from Druzy, and earrings from one of my favorite SF artists that I added Tahitian keshi to.
IMG_1102.jpeg
IMG_0786.jpeg
IMG_1378.jpeg

I am so happy to return to all the wonderful posts! I’ll need to spend some time catching up with everyone’s goodies.:love:

I spent a few days playing in San Francisco.
View attachment 465525

Golden Gate ParkView attachment 465526View attachment 465527

And now it’s back to pearls. A baroque Akoya rope I knotted with pearls from an Intergem show, An Akoya necklace I made with pearls from Druzy, and earrings from one of my favorite SF artists that I added Tahitian keshi to. View attachment 465528View attachment 465529View attachment 465530
I love them all jeg! I'm going to an intergem show next Friday. Can't wait to see what they have in the way of pearls.

Catmom: The colors of the freshies are lovely. And I love your side drilled drops necklace! I need to dig out my necklace of side drilled drops. I keep forgetting I have it.
So I'm wearing mine today as well along with my vintage strand from Japan, baroque FW earrings, Vintage station bracelet and a new drop bracelet from PP and my vintage ruby & diamond ring.

1691004082271.jpeg

1691004230713.jpeg

1691004312387.jpeg

Good morning folks! Ive been lurking and liking posts, but not posting much because Ive been busy with work 😅

Its rainy season here in the Philippines, and i got this great shot of my bead nuked freshwater strand. Since it was overcast/drizzling, my phone was able to get more of the different colors in orient between each pearl.

I love how some of the darker purple ones show greens, and reddish bronzes

bead nuked freshwater strand

Good morning folks! Ive been lurking and liking posts, but not posting much because Ive been busy with work 😅

Its rainy season here in the Philippines, and i got this great shot of my bead nuked freshwater strand. Since it was overcast/drizzling, my phone was able to get more of the different colors in orient between each pearl.

I love how some of the darker purple ones show greens, and reddish bronzes
Nice! The colors do stand out!

Thanks so much, CatMom! The Intergem show I got those at was years ago when most people were not interested in little baroque Akoya, and they were a bargain. I haven’t been to a show in a while. I’ll be interested to hear what you find. You’ll be looking through new eyes now that you have been beading up a storm! I love all your new projects!

StevieBoy, your colorful freshies look great on you! Don’t work too hard so you can join us now and then.:)

I was able to get a couple earrings from the little h pop up. I have always loved her earlier work with the yellow and pink sapphires and rubies, and I was so happy to be able to get a pair of the earrings. Worn with a necklace I put together.
IMG_1381.jpeg
IMG_1360.jpeg

Back