Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Here's Sharky next to my skin. Pearls always look better next to skin. Honestly, I don't know why I'm so enthralled with this goofy big pearl (I was going to say little pearl, except it's really big), but it's a great "wear with jeans and T shirts" pearl. I'm wearing it with my mismatched Kamoka 9.5 mm studs (light lavender and dark peacock).

IMG_0842.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

Thanks MotherOfPearlTrumpet! I don’t think about pulling the early freshwaters out as much, but the soft colors really do change things up. BWeaves the carvings add interest. Enjoy wearing that new pendant!

Bubbles Tahitian and sister strand. Two strands of fancy color Tahitian pearls from Kojima.
55EF619E-30B6-464D-8437-4E3C40CBE03B.jpeg
29D9E646-25F2-4259-A280-7D63E283BFED.jpeg
A98DA076-9ADB-46B7-A726-D6D326375E22.jpeg

Oh JEG, I love your Bubbles strand. Another one I dithered on too long, and it was gone.

Oooo, mailman just brought me some 10 mm Tahitian studs from Sarah at Ocean's Cove. Bright green peacock with hot pink overtones. Very shiny. My photo doesn't capture the colors. All my pearl studs are 9 mm. And my Tahitians are all mismatched, black and white, which I love. But now that my lobes have gotten used to 9 mm, I'm experiencing PSS and wanted larger studs that matched.

IMG_0848.jpeg

I really need to quit buying stuff at the end of the year, but the discounts around X-mas are too good to pass up.

Last edited:
Oh JEG, I love your Bubbles strand. Another one I dithered on too long, and it was gone.
Well, this one you don’t need to blame yourself for, BWeaves. It was lucky timing that I was asking Sarah about a strand and she happened to be working on a layout for this particular strand. It never made it online, I just bought it right off the bead tray! And the sister strand was made the night before our visit to the studio. Very happy finds!

Last edited:
Well, this one you don’t need to blame yourself for, BWeaves. It was lucky timing that I was asking Sarah about a strand and she happened to be working on a layout for this particular strand. It never made it online, I just bought it right off the bead tray! And the sister strand was made the night before our visit to the studio. Very happy finds!

Haha! Good to know. You're so lucky to be able to go in person. I'm too many thousands of miles away. Sigh.

Oh my goodness, sooo many gorgeous pearls this past week, wow! Thank you all for the eye candy :love: (and for the kind words for my SoC ring that I've been wearing nonstop, haha)

@BWeaves I love Sharky! What a fantastic pearl, and I agree that the pattern on the "back" is lovely, as well. Beautiful new matching studs from Ocean's Cove, too. And pleeease post pics of your new Kamoka ring when it arrives! I love the special lab grown diamonds they are using and that pearl looks spectacular.

@jeg I love every pearl you wore of course, but those Edisons are amazing! The size and luster are drool-worthy. Your Rikitea strand has such lovely colors. And your Paspaley strand, wowza!!!

@Lilpearl What incredible GSS!!! Your strand is breathtaking and the earrings are fantastic.

Tahitians from CMW for me today...
20221028_171810 (1).jpeg
20221029_134732 (1).jpeg

Love the Tahitian tin-cup. What's CMW?

I always love seeing JEG's outfits and pearls. Style goals!

Oooo, mailman just brought me some 10 mm Tahitian studs from Sarah at Ocean's Cove. Bright green peacock with hot pink overtones. Very shiny. My photo doesn't capture the colors. All my pearl studs are 9 mm. And my Tahitians are all mismatched, black and white, which I love. But now that my lobes have gotten used to 9 mm, I'm experiencing PSS and wanted larger studs that matched.

View attachment 462875

I really need to quit buying stuff at the end of the year, but the discounts around X-mas are too good to pass up.
Wow, those are a wonderful size for you. PSS is definitely real.

@jeg Thank you! I love the necklace you made, and I especially like the different bead colors you used - very unique and chic!

@BWeaves CMWpearls sells loose tahitians and has recently started selling bead-nucleated FWs and a few SS and akoyas. They've even started making some ready-wear jewelry. Be careful, though, haha - I can only go to their website if I am purposely looking to buy something, as any intentions I ever have for just window shopping are always derailed!

@SurfnSci beautiful necklace! I have been following cmw for a while and they really do have some fantastic pearls.

@jeg your pearls, as always, are inspirational! That ring especially catches my eye.

Here is what I'm wearing today. All from Pearl Paradise. Baby tahitian pendant, drop threader, and a big old tahitian keshi ring. Also my second piercing white freshwater studs that never get taken out.

Tahitian pearl pendant ships wheel design
Pearl Threader Earrings
Keshi pearl ring

Thank you, SurfnSci and lary007! BWeaves, that’s a gorgeous ring. Who can resist peacock with green and pink overtones?!? Lary007, I love all your pearl choices, especially that SS ring!!!

We took a quick trip to San Francisco to do a little Christmas shopping. Here’s a not so great pic of Bunny in Union Square.
929486EA-A14B-437F-A7C8-1A5E1847F85D.jpeg

Back home now. Wearing a champagne golden Akoya strand from Takahashi Pearl, with little h earrings, and a mixed Akoya tin cup I made.
791F58E3-B9DF-4A82-91E4-CF66D88F4CC9.jpeg
F8BB4C90-90AE-495C-B77A-2EDF7C9C4BC3.jpeg
47FCA206-2AEC-48D7-92A2-F187CAD057F5.jpeg
C1B655F9-092A-41D8-82FF-F79436DC140E.jpeg

All of it is just exquisite, jeg! I've been looking at Takahashi's Instagram for a while.. when you purchase from them do you just direct message them or do they have a website?

JEG: I love the little h pearls in a pearl earrings. And I love how the strand and the tin-cup layer.

Thank you, lary007! I message Takahashi through their Instagram. They have so much inventory, you can ask for just about anything. Just be specific about what you are interested in- type of pearl, size, color, quality and they will send pics of what is available. Or if you want more info about something you see on IG. I have been beyond happy with everything I have received from them.

Thanks, BWeaves! I’ve been into the short chain layers.

A pearl medley strand from Kojima, and a pair of beautiful rare 9.5-10mm Akoya studs from Takahashi.
205E3FF5-49B5-4F42-B461-FD7EDEBB52F4.jpeg
DB00D61A-55AF-48BD-BB73-798236149FF5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back