Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Little h earrings, a large SS keshi pendant from Druzy worn on a chain I made with Biwa pearls, and a rope of silver Tahitians made with two temp strands I found at the first Pearls By The Bay.
AFB5DDA4-16C6-44F2-8AF2-D078DA24F8DA.jpeg
FB8BEB23-BE9F-400A-AAE9-39321098916B.jpeg

I’ve been really liking these short and light little layering chains. I‘ve made a couple Tahitian keshi chains and this weekend added two more- one in turquoise and one in deep coral. I made the Akoya chain a while back. Worn with earrings from little h. The little h earrings are stuffed with pearls, rubies and turquoise.
B30C725C-5884-47A4-BE57-6113C2A0E33A.jpeg
B2EB6960-4756-465B-87DE-7FF19DA18B31.jpeg

Hi pearl friends. I've been refired (sic) (retired and fired). My company eliminated my position after 24 years, so I decided to retire. It's a little earlier than I had planned on retiring, but I'm ready to enjoy myself. So far, I have not been bored. I've been spinning, weaving, doing kumihimo (Japanese braiding), knitting, and I'm learning sprang (a very old braiding technique for making stretchy fabric before knitting was invented). And of course, wearing pearls every day, even if I never get out of my PJs!

Keep the pearl photos coming. I love seeing what everyone is wearing and how you are styling your pearls!

BWeaves, I‘m not sure whether to say ”congratulations” or ”I’m sorry” about your job. I don’t think you’ll ever get bored. People with hobbies and interests have no problem with retirement. What I love the most about being retired is not being tied to a schedule.

Matinee strand and bracelets made with tiny Tahitians from Collin’s Pearls. Worn with a keshi chain I made and artist created earrings I added Tahitians to.
EF32203E-1CA2-43B7-B2A2-6F54A4CA0B0B.jpeg
61BF0706-F555-48AB-81C1-8EC6D5DACF22.jpeg

@BWeaves All the best for your new life! I was thinking the same as @jeg that with so many hobbies you will really enjoy all your free time!

Thank you @jeg! I love all your creations and especially your wire wrapped chains with pearls and gemstones! Such a nice contrast between the gems and the luster on the akoyas!

Here goes another of my light layerings, this time with bracelets, akoya keshis and labradorites and a tiny silk bracelet with a Robert Wan keshi.
9333263A-2FA6-4D42-84F0-3446A3F3A4B2.jpeg

Thanks all! I'm only nervous about getting my health insurance in order. All the rest of the time I've been having fun. Honestly, I feel like they did me a favor.

Love the new jade bangle JEG. It looks similar to one I inherited from my Mom, except mine is intensely green. I love the color of yours. I like wearing jade in the summer because it is so amazingly cool to the touch. In contrast, pearls are very warm. I like to layer lots of pearl strands in the winter, but wear tin-cups in the summer.

I’ve been really liking these short and light little layering chains. I‘ve made a couple Tahitian keshi chains and this weekend added two more- one in turquoise and one in deep coral. I made the Akoya chain a while back. Worn with earrings from little h. The little h earrings are stuffed with pearls, rubies and turquoise.
View attachment 462741View attachment 462742
Wow! This combination of Little h's earrings with these necklaces is truly special!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Thank you eolian, MOPTrumpet, BWeaves and Douglas! I love your light layers, eolian. You are inspiring me to make more light bracelet layers.

My latest light layering chain- a longer chain with teeny, tiny Akoya keshi. I bought some temp strands of tiny Akoya keshi from Takahashi Pearl, not knowing exactly what I wanted to do with them, but they always make such great accents if not single strands. The net is also from Takahashi. Worn with chalcedony bundles from a craft show years ago, and a bracelet I made with freshwaters from Kojima. I bought two extra long temp strands of metallic freshwaters from Pearls By The Bay I, and made a long rope and this bracelet with the pearls. I noticed I was wearing a more mauve purple pearl in the net, but when I took the pearl photo I used one of the more coppery pearls.:shrug:
A433ECFA-AB6C-400B-A88C-470A50DE8F80.jpeg
E45ACF19-8436-4946-A28E-683FAA11240B.jpeg

I absolutely LOVE the net necklace. Wish I could find one. The only one I've seen is with diamonds from Paspaley and it is over $10,000. More than I can afford. The coppery colors are so pretty for Fall.

Thank you, MOPTrumpet. Takahashi Pearl has the nets made to order. You can contact them through Instagram. They are very reasonably priced and they can do different versions- on chains, with the added dangle at the bottom, etc. Eolian also has this pendant version. I like it because it is more delicate than other versions I’ve seen, and the pendant makes it more versatile.

Thank you, MOPTrumpet. Takahashi Pearl has the nets made to order. You can contact them through Instagram. They are very reasonably priced and they can do different versions- on chains, with the added dangle at the bottom, etc. Eolian also has this pendant version. I like it because it is more delicate than other versions I’ve seen, and the pendant makes it more versatile.
How can Eolian to inquire about the pendant...I can't find a website?

Oh @jeg thank you! Your pearls and stylings are always such a treat and inspiration for me, I am happy to inspire you back ;-) That new akoya keshi chain is so cute! And I know exactly how dainty it must be to be able to pass through the net pendant hole!

@MotherOfPearlTrumpet I think you will be so happy with Takahashi net possibilities and their very reasonable pricing! I too dreamed of Paspaley net necklace and it seemed an impossible dream and then I found out about Takahashi... They don‘t have a website, you need to contact them on Instagram “Takahashi pearl official“ account, all the communication happens on IG. Yy is the name of their lovely IG sales contact, she is very helpful and always happy to provide more information and pictures!

And since we are talking about the Takahashi nets, here’s picture of mine with a 12mm green T from OceanRhyme. Happy weekend everyone!
A335ED67-A163-4623-95CF-749743D14F8E.jpeg

Love these "net pendants"...I think they have captured my heart :love:

Ooh Jeg! Those little light strands of turquoise, pearls and coral look so fabulous with your little H earrings ... and that dress is a marvelous complement ... WELL DONE :)

BWeaves: Absolutely Congratulations on being refired ... you'll love it ... yay!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone; a bit belated ... grandson was here lol and kept us busy. He's now a tall, thin ice hockey player; we cooked, and he ate ... everything ;)

Thank you, eolian, Douglas and Cathy!!! And love your net, eolian!;) Thanks, Cathy, I am having lots of fun with all these little chains.

A blue Akoya strand from Takahashi Pearl, a tiny Akoya pearl on a coral bead strand from Kojima, and my Disney charm bracelet. I collected all the charms over several years of trips to Disneyland and Disney World. I was hoping to find something to commemorate the 50th anniversary on this trip but it’s really difficult to find these old school charms anymore. Everything is Pandora. I managed to find the rhinestone ears, which ended up being the only charm I saw for my collection.
CC5F4BBB-BC00-4371-A1D5-E668317A96BD.jpeg
F77DC3EC-DB71-4747-86FA-1201637A77A6.jpeg

Jeg, a number of years ago, we spent 2 weeks at Fort Wilderness, in Disney World. Our cousin's special needs daughter was with us, it was her high school graduation trip. I got a long sterling chain, and we spent every day searching for a special charm, then finding somewhere to hide it for her to find ... under the breakfast toast, behind the dessert plate etc. The silver charms were everywhere then, zillions of designs; it was so hard to choose! Her mom had the charms soldered on, as she tends to be hard on jewelry, but it's a prized possession filled with wonderful memories :) I'm sure your fabulous charm bracelet has such fond memories; it's gorgeous.

Ooops, my finger slipped on the Kamoka website and I bought the carved Shark pearl. I'm not even into sharks. I really liked all the pendants with interesting diamond bails and multiple pearls, but the Shark kept calling me. I really liked the color and size (14.5 mm) and the thick nacre. And come on, he's soooooo cute.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 2.57.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 2.57.35 PM.png

What a thoughtful treat for your cousin’s daughter, Cathy. That necklace would be such a fantastic memory, and knowing you, the thought that went into each charm and how to hide it would’ve been over the top.:giggle: I grew up with all these charms being readily available. I have a bracelet my parents started for me when I was around 5-6, then a bracelet from all my adult travels, and then a couple that are all Hawaiian Island charms. It’s not easy to find these charms anymore as the Pandora style has taken over the market.

BWeaves, it’s a very cool pendant, but it would be a stretch for me to call any shark “cute”, I have a healthy fear of them. I unintentionally snorkeled right over one on the Big Island one year and was freaked when I realized what it was.

I asked about some of the natural white baroque Akoya strands on the Takahashi IG page not too long ago. I was shown some at different price points and went with this 9-9.5mm strand. Although considered baroque, it is just a little off round, and has not been processed in any way- no pinking, or even bleaching- all natural color. I’m wearing it with my natural white Akoya studs I purchased from Takahashi during the summer (also not processed), and a keshi bracelet I made.
EADAC3D3-1AD9-41C6-8EA0-748A492D37F2.jpeg
6D4CE206-DBEE-4966-8F2C-E13180367551.jpeg
4F8F421A-7614-4F5B-A3B7-A49BE2DB251C.jpeg

Back