Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you @SurfnSci and @jeg! It’s great to be back!

I just love your cozy pajama pearl look @SurfnSci ! The Kamokas and RW keshis are perfect together! I love my Pearlescence keshis as well! They were my summer go-to bracelet.

@jeg ohhh all those lovely chain choices...I love every one of them!

We are having an extremely hot autumn so summer dress season is not over yet;-) Here is my recent mix and match - aquamarines apatites and pearls...
0EFE6A16-8ADC-423D-BD87-E37884A1382F.jpeg
BC88734C-8C9C-4CC1-AE46-796BA5B4A55E.jpeg

We’ve been off celebrating the 50th at Disney World! Heading home tomorrow…
83C28AED-CE8F-4433-977A-649FE4FBDDE3.jpeg

Bunny has been hanging out with a bunch of characters all week. Chip n Dale are favorites!
25A5306B-FD07-45BB-96E7-E64177FF12F9.jpeg

This cupcake pic was a disaster! First, the delicate chocolate ears got smashed into the cupcake when they put it in the take out container. Then, it was so warm out, the ears were melting as I tried to pull them out of the frosting. Then, they were so delicate they broke in a couple places. Then, bunny kept getting her paw in the frosting!!! EEEKKKK…
B6E89EB0-239D-41AE-A5D2-174CDDE1793A.jpeg

The holiday gingerbread displays are slowly going up. Here’s the carousel at the Beach Club. I haven’t been here for several years. We used to go to either Disneyland or Disney World every year for years. It’s soooo crowded now.
98371DDC-8D66-4645-A41E-316CABB3AC59.jpeg

Promise to get back to pearl pics when I return home…

Thank you @BWeaves and @jeg! I love gemstones and pearls combination, here comes another one - labradorites, pyrites, some opals and pearls on my last summer clothes pic...

@jeg looks like really fun times! Oh and those amazing FFP choices for the net! Wow! I love love LOVE the Takahashi net pendant it is so so versatile! I have been using mine with a green T for now but a gemluster SSP is on its way;-)
40CEDCF0-9B9D-405B-A71D-02BF96C49714.jpeg
BB192148-BD9D-4A47-A023-D60C8F88DC4F.jpeg

Really pretty combinations of pearls, keshi and gemstones, eolian! Did you wire the strands yourself? I love the combination and design. 86C, lovely layers of tin cups. Light and lively!

A mixed strand from Rio Pearls, Hong Kong, with a bracelet and tin cup I put together.
D50C415A-6C2A-47DD-A7B2-C542A64F5690.jpeg

3731948C-F7BF-4584-A4DE-785DB1DCDF24.jpeg

Thank you @jeg! Yes I did make the necklaces by myself, in different periods of time. The first one was the golden pearls, akoyas, opals and labradorites in my first year of pearling;-) Then came the longer pastel Tahitian from Jac with labradorites and pyrites and it is one of my longtime favorites to wear. This year I got a few silver keshis from Druzy and made the last opals and keshis necklace for layering and I am really happy with how they look together. Ohh and I must say I am always in awe of your wire wrapping @jeg! That tin cup is gorgeous!

86C love your layered tin cup look!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Love them all!

Thanks SurfnSci, Douglas and BWeaves! Good luck with your exams, SurfnSci! I do not envy your studies! Those days are long behind me and so is my focus.o_O

A pearl medley strand from Kojima, with earrings and a bracelet I made, and a plumeria band ring from Hawaii.
CF330D64-FBE6-475C-A1F8-C4BA10A34375.jpeg
BEFE5805-0DBB-4F53-9517-002ADA973541.jpeg

I love how you model them for us, and then give us a picture of them together. These are all such lovely combinations. Do you keep them all, or do you sell them? If you keep them, you must have a necklace/earrings/bracelet for every outfit in your closet. So fun!!! Thanks for all these great ideas.

Thanks so much, MotherOfPearlTrumpet! Back when I started posting, there were some comments on the clothes, so I’ve tried to incorporate as much as I can into a photo. The pearls get washed out in the total look, so I take the close up of just the pearls so their colors and shape can be seen. I have a pretty big collection of pearls from fun to serious, but my personal style is never serious. I have not sold anything, but I’ve made things for friends. I am happily retired and enjoying all the freedom that brings. And welcome to the thread, BTW!!!

Peachy golden studs from Katbran, a strand of classic Akoya from Takahashi Pearl, and a strand of freshwater and gemstones I put together.
A878A380-E63B-4936-B841-8C5A10D57C73.jpeg
94B6930A-034C-45F4-9D6B-1A16188E48D6.jpeg

Thanks so much, MotherOfPearlTrumpet! Back when I started posting, there were some comments on the clothes, so I’ve tried to incorporate as much as I can into a photo. The pearls get washed out in the total look, so I take the close up of just the pearls so their colors and shape can be seen. I have a pretty big collection of pearls from fun to serious, but my personal style is never serious. I have not sold anything, but I’ve made things for friends. I am happily retired and enjoying all the freedom that brings. And welcome to the thread, BTW!!!

Peachy golden studs from Katbran, a strand of classic Akoya from Takahashi Pearl, and a strand of freshwater and gemstones I put together.
View attachment 462718View attachment 462717
This is a beautiful combination. I am not yet retired but getting close. I too love giving pearls away. Are these white pearls Freshwater or Akoya. They have such a nice pinkish overtone that shows off the coppery pink of the earrings. Where do you purchase your colored pearls?

Also, if you'd ever like to take a peek at my collection, I've started a thread called "My Pearling Story." I've included how I got started with stringing pearls and some stories behind strands. I'm slowly posting pictures of my collection. I think we would be fast friends if we lived closer!

@jeg Lovely lovely pearls and combinations! The luster on the Takahashis and Kojima medley...gorgeous!

Some casual looks from this week, smallish Vietnamese akoyas from Pearlscence combined with aquamarine and akoya pendant and a FWP and a blue tahitian necklace from Simply Adorned.

Wishing everyone a great weekend! Hope all went well with your exam @SurfnSci !
63AACEDF-C9E2-4091-BD19-7FF1A3CD0396.jpeg
E3797D31-2727-489D-9546-E69AE5FADBB7.jpeg
042AB0CF-0256-40A2-B2E8-7166E63D1CE3.jpeg

Thanks so much MOPTrumpet! The strand is Akoya and it is from Takahashi Pearl. They are based in Japan. I did take a peek at your thread and you have a very elegant collection! Beautiful strands, torsades and clasps, and all the work you’ve put into creating each piece. You are much more exacting than me. I rarely measure anything.

Eolian, I love your light layers. and those steely blue Akoya! You have such a great sense of fun with your layers!

I was given a wonderful gift this week. An elderly friend of mine gifted me this jade bangle bracelet that was gifted to her many years ago. I was so touched because it was “Just because” and she thought I would enjoy wearing it. Also wearing a couple Tahitian ropes I put together.
0B7B5E8B-F2CA-4D80-84FB-75C61A88508A.jpeg
51A0E81A-29A6-458A-AF23-F0C2ECF191F8.jpeg

Back