Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Wow, thank you so much Jeg, Eolian, Charlotta and Echo! And I agree with Lisa C, a million thank yous to everyone who makes this forum possible!!!

jeg Your Takahashi tahitian studs are as lovely as your akoya studs :07: I love the reimagined T necklace and now I'm on Kamoka's site looking at their macrame keshi bracelets and pondering a purchase, haha...Gosh, another gorgeous harvest stand from Kojima, too! It looks lovely paired with the matching earrings you made.

The Druzy SoC mabe was intended to be my first attempt at wire-wrapping a pendant, but after much frustration and woeful results, haha, I gave up and glued a thick chain ring to the back of it, then attached it to the stone's bezel ring. The necklace had been collecting dust in my jewelry box after I had repurposed the original charm a few years ago.

I am determined to make this paperclip chain layering thing work! I think today is the closest I've gotten, but definitely still working on it (and am very grateful for the PP instagram video recently posted). Mini buttery light GSS from JNBgems and chain from PaveFindings4U on Etsy.
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220221_150751.jpg Views:	0 Size:	331.8 KB ID:	460082 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220221_145434.jpg Views:	0 Size:	503.0 KB ID:	460083

jeg love your kojima strand doubled look. And your outfit. All look so effortless and elegant together!

SurfnSci the paperclip chain and GSS layered look is very nice on you. The chain is subtle and goes well with the mini strand

Wearing a blue t shirt with a short medley strand from katbran and light blue T studs from kamoka. I thought about getting the strand lengthened. But the short length is so practical because it doesn’t get in the way of crossbody bag straps. So I decided to keep its length for now.

4B61FB93-DC28-426C-ACEE-C24DEAF22066.jpg

F74A53CB-837B-41B0-8618-5F397DF8D8C9.jpg

9A153A24-DBD2-4B5F-ABD1-54EDFDF3A7F9.jpg

Pretty medley [USER][/USER]g
I think that your golden south sea strand looks lovely with the paperclip chain SurfnSci. You can always ass a pendant if you want
echo That's an amazing strand from Katbran. Very pretty and it looks great on you

It's a very nice mixed strand echo and the length is indeed perfect for everyday wear, makes it practical to wear. I rarely wear jewelry (just a pendant and my wedding ring) but I love it and love seeing jewelry worn. When I would wear pearl necklaces, I would prefer the shorter ones (for my neck, that means 17-18") since they just felt right: not too tight and never too loose. For me jewelry has to be practical, would have never wanted a piece of jewelry that could become snagged on a farming cage or that it would be cumbersome when operating oysters (rings).

Pretty pretty pretty pearls jeg, SurfnSci and echo!!! And yes a big THANK YOU for all who make this forum possible and such a bright and loving space!

jeg As always I admire your creations as much as your “ready” pieces! Those earrings are darlings and the medley is delicious!

SurfnSci Wow, glueing the chain ring to the back of the mabe havent even entered my mind! What a clever solution and let me repeat that SoC necklace is absolutely dreamy! You are definitely getting there with the layering! What a lovely GSSP necklace!

echo Everything about your mixed necklace is perfect! The colors, the shapes, the length! Very special necklace and it looks fantastic on you!

I have been going over my pearls, and discovered that I rarely wear this keshi T necklace. I definitely wore the keshis more often without the added T pearl and I almost almost took the necklace apart but then I decidedto add a little chain and use it as a bracelet. I think it will get back to regular use now ;-)

I did repurpose my beloved bubble bracelet though... I feel like the Bliss strand needs to be endless for me to be able to play with the pearls so bye bye bubble for now...Almost there with the Bliss, still waiting for the latest package...Sometime this week..
D5713169-5881-4E47-AE52-DDC406416439.jpg

Attachments

• D5713169-5881-4E47-AE52-DDC406416439.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 36
So pretty eolian pearls. Your Bliss strand will be gorgeous when finished. Endless is really practical, at least with an ombre, however I don't like stringing endless strands, the last 8 pearls are a pain to get right, and I sometimes have trouble with the last pearl. But I do love the result. Adding a bigger pearl to a keshi strand didn't make me use mine more either. Wierd because it was really pretty. My tahitian keshistrand (not the one I made a tassel with nor the loose ones from last summer) are now a practical pearlchain. I can add a pendant on the strand or add a pendant to the clasp or use it as a triple bracelet. I use it more now. My smallish akoya keshis are loose right now. The drillholes are painfully tiny.

Thank you, Echo, Charlotta and Eolian!

echo Oh my goodness, I love your mixed strand! The colors are divine and I love the different shapes that make it very interested and also really work with the shorter length! It pairs really well with your gorgeous Kamoka studs. (Very pretty blue color shirt, too, that really makes the golds in your necklace pop)

eolian pearls I truly cannot wait to see your final Bliss strand!!! The colors and luster thus far are just fantastic. And I really like your keshi redesign with the large pearl centerpiece!

I just love your keshi & Tahitian pearl bracelet Eolian ...it's just PERFECT!:yup:

Thank you Charlotta, Douglas, eolian pearls and SurfnSci!

CortezPearls totally agree with what you said about practicality. For me if it’s not practical it will just end up collecting dust

@eolianpearls look forward to seeing the new look of your bliss strand. The keshi and T necklace looks very lovely. Looks gorgeous worn as a bracelet

Thank you for the keshi necklace love Charlotta, echo, CortezPearls and @SurfnSci!

No pearly packages for me this week, but I am always playing with the Bliss and changing my mind ;-) As of today I am back to strand with a clasp mode so I can wear it double...It will be a rope, I have taken a short holiday off the ban island and got some new Ts to make that happen... It basically still counts as finishing last years project;-)
22D7F8C2-8820-4707-8FDE-9F57DC8B764A.jpg

Thanks everyone!! SurfnSci, your paperclip layering is a success! Gorgeous goldens, too! Jun, at JNB is so nice to work with. Echo, your blue top makes for a beautiful background. I love your strand from Katbran! She puts together some very nice pieces, and of course, I love anything Kamoka. Eolian, your Bliss work in progress has a yummy transition of colors. It has been beautiful at every stage. That keshi strand looks fantastic as a wrapped bracelet. I love it!

Wearing a strand of Tahitians from PP, with a Tahitian pearl and keshi necklace from Kojima, and earrings I put together.
8C4C0D40-CD24-4E22-8096-7617FFDCCA10.jpg
F7061093-D04D-4392-BB80-9E67334F8EF3.jpg

Yay! Success with uploading!!! Thanks for making the update painless.:arms:

Happy to hear that it has been a Good Update and we will no longer have these upload issues jeg Lovely pearl necklace layering :)
Happy Weekend to all!

Happy weekend, everyone!

jeg Thank you!!! And I agree, Jun is awesome. I love, love, love your most recent look! So many beautiful tahitians and keshis, and your earrings are just gorgeous. I think I remember you enhanced them from a San Francisco artisan? Sigh, they are so stunning.

eolian pearls I agree with Charlotta, so many beautiful colors! Creating the Bliss rope is definitely deserving of a trip off Ban Island ;)

Thank you Charlotta, jeg and SurfnSci!
jeg As always your pearls are all so beautiful! SurfnSci I do hope the pistacchios will be worth the trip off the ban island! I think I have gotten quite good at reading pearl pictures but there still are some surprises coming my way, for example I got one “aqua blue” pearl in my last package that is simply a (boring) grey under any light...Yes yes ýes I did get my pearly package!!! I and am sharing some pictures and hoping to brighten a bit these dark times we are living in right now...

So here comes the keshi set from Molly of Keshico at Etsy. Thank you echo for introducing her shop! I LOVE this set! The keshis are lovely light greys and even whites and they are just glowing on leather. It was a custom piece and Molly is so wonderful to work with!

Then there are Takahashi grey akoya studs and one white pink floating pearl, all 8,5-9mm. Impossible to capture their glow, let’s just say I gasped when I opened my package, they are amazing!

And lastly an updated Bliss. A few purples and yes “the acqua blue” is also somewhere there ;-)
Wasnt really a neckshot day today hopefully later this week.
50B46AC2-C8EE-4683-BB57-D25867158BB5.jpg

Attachments

• 50B46AC2-C8EE-4683-BB57-D25867158BB5.jpg
    50B46AC2-C8EE-4683-BB57-D25867158BB5.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 2B37A335-DCF7-4D20-AF7C-D6A856428A67.jpg
    2B37A335-DCF7-4D20-AF7C-D6A856428A67.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 28
Wow! That keshi set is...is hard to describe...it's Luminous! I love it!

eolian pearls what a gorgeous set you’ve got. It is so beautiful even I’m tempted lol. Look forward to seeing the photos of the keshi necklace in action

Such lovely pearls and pieces and outfits! LOVE those new super lustrous keshi pieces Eolian, and BLISS is looking more beautiful with every day's changes ... wow! Thanks for sharing, all!

Back