Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Very sorry to hear that Jeg. I wish you all strength in what can be a distressing time.
53ECF686-A064-447F-94A0-529BDD63C2AD.jpeg

Today in my WSS strand, trying to enjoy the weather but a bit too warm for my comfort at the moment. This shirt feels incredible on the motorcycle by the way!

Attachments

• photo70223.jpg
    photo70223.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 46
Hey Rokor! Looking good man! Is the shirt one of those that is "perforated" with tiny holes?

Hey Douglas, thanks!. Yup, it is. It's actually a knit that was a hit briefly in the 70s for being the ideal summer shirt; breathable, easily washable(something to do with the fabric composition) and it came in a bunch of fun colours. Very fashionable in the era as well. It's great.

I just got back into town from the ATV park that hubby wanted to spend some time to relax & decompress. No cell service or Internet. He really needed it; work has been a bear for the past few months. No pearls for where we went. But it was fun to see old friends. Hubby is fully charged & back to work.

Jeg, I am so sorry to hear the news about your MIL passing. Will be keeping you, your husband, & family in our prayers. Hope you find comfort & strength in the coming days.

I love all the pearl posts, ladies & gent. Such beauties & treasures....Oooo-la-la!

I'm so very sorry to hear of your MIL's passing, Jeg. She sounds like a very nice person who was loved by many. May she RIP and may all who loved her feel her presence when they need her strength.

On another note, the coral pendant is beautiful. I was on a coral kick a few years ago and love carved florals in angel pink coral. Coral and pearls are a great combo!

rokor, your south sea strand is gorgeous. I don't like when it's hot either, but something tells me that you do like on a hotter climate than me. Most people would probably find sweden a rather chilly place.

Thanks so much, Charlotta, TriciaS, Douglas, rokor, eolian, 86C, amti and Pareltje! :07: Great to hear from you amti! I’ve always liked the look of light pink angel skin coral. I had a few pieces as a kid, including hair clips.

Rokor, the all white is a nice, breezy look. I rode a couple motorcycles in my younger days, a dirt bike and a street bike, but not a cool shirt for riding. :D

Japan Kasumi pearls from Kojima, with freshwater earrings I made.
Click image for larger version  Name:	D30C1737-1998-4FF5-A4D1-8B7C1FA18389.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	312.4 KB ID:	453843
Click image for larger version  Name:	D1C0E5B3-0941-4346-BAC5-DBEA2B1EABE9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.1 KB ID:	453844

Good morning! jeg these keshi are simply delicious! And they look LARGE...how big is the biggest one???

Jeg, that kasumi necklace has such color and shimmer! And it looks like you could position the clasp any way to reveal those lovely pearls that are normally hidden.

JEG, my condolences about your MIL.

Your Kasumi strand is the most amazing one I've ever seen.

Thank you, Douglas, Katkashmir, TriciaS, and BWeaves!

Douglas, they are really large for keshi- 13mm and I don’t know the length mm.

Good to hear from you, Katkashmir! I hope your Ziggy is doing well. My Ziggy is getting very gray around the face.

TriciaS and BWeaves, thank you. The strand does have beautiful coloring, but I have not worn it in different directions yet. I think I need a Kasumi pendant to hang from the clasp.:yup:

A mixed SS, keshi, and freshwater rope, from Pearls By The Bay, with a metallic strand from Pacific Pearls, and earrings I made.
C89382F7-DAD0-493A-B4E5-502F4EFA7AAD.jpeg
164944DE-0635-4CA6-8FB2-FE4252BEAB5D.jpeg

Rokor, your SSP strand looks very lustrous and your shirt very breezy. Jeg, I had a chuckle about your shirt comment.

Jeg, gotta admire the chunkiness of your keshis, and I echo BW's comment on the Kasumi strand. Your earrings match your rope well! The colors look so spring-y! I cannot help but notice your outfits too. Not only are they all very cute, but the look very comfortable!

Last edited:
Wow jeg 13 mm is quite large for keshi! I would dare call it a "unicorn keshi strand"!
Aloso love these 2 new ones...Oooh made me remember the "Pearls by the Bay" even in SF back in 2019. Seems like ages ago!

Lovely summery looks, all! I have been offline while moving, so just catching up. Jeg, I am very sorry for your loss. Wishing everyone peaceful, healing weekends!

Rokor your south sea necklace is absolutely stunning! Glowing!!! Wow, and I love your white on white look!

Jeg, so many amazing pearls as always!!! Special mention to the Pearls by the Bay rope!!! Such an amazing combination of colors and shapes and luster! Beautiful, beautiful rope!

Just a quick note that I have received the Edison strand that was a rogue purchase from about a month ago ( and will be my sister’s XMas present :) I am very happy with it, love love the colors! The size is 8,5 - 12,5 mm, I will string it next week. It is from an Etsy vendor called PearlRoadYW, I bought a few Edisons from her before and they were all lovely.
5C9FB822-528F-4AA9-A0DF-FDD1F0CBED56.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C9FB822-528F-4AA9-A0DF-FDD1F0CBED56.jpeg
    5C9FB822-528F-4AA9-A0DF-FDD1F0CBED56.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 68875065-5AE8-40EE-9577-DEEC23E971A9.jpeg
    68875065-5AE8-40EE-9577-DEEC23E971A9.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 41
Back