Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

How great to see you, grandson, and gorgeous pearls, Red! What a nice article as well!!

Beautiful errand running Tahitians, 86C!

Coppery, purply, pink, metallic strand from Kojima, with earrings I put together.
FA21AA93-B740-4B91-85F0-605A3E179FA9.jpeg

C1F922B7-2BDF-4CC6-A0A9-478F1BDB1D71.jpeg

Kojima pearl medley necklace, with a matinee strand of golden SS’s I knotted, and earrings made with Akoya and golden SS keshi, and freshwater drops.

51935DA6-F82B-4960-91E4-611BE1507F93.jpeg

7A1D83F7-1155-4CD8-80A1-E43689AB4C88.jpeg

White Australian SS strand, with amethyst stalactite and silver blue Akoya earrings.
8B7B9FC4-11AD-417D-933D-D745613D125B.jpeg

25BE0A8E-ACC6-43DC-AA33-D96EB4252E77.jpeg

Good morning! I do have to say I have been SPEECHLESS...I really can't come up with more or better words for these nacreous beauties of yours (and I mean ALL of you)...but watching the photos brightens my day! I used to be literally SURROUNDED with pearls, every day, for the last 20 years and now...well, you are the ones bringing me this beauty and CHEER!
THANK YOU
:love:

I am behind in my "thank you's" to all of you who welcomed me to the forum. I so appreciate the warm words.

Here is my first strand of "real" pearls. I'm not sure if they are akoyas or freshwater. They are very round (but not perfect), have a bit more luster than my AAA freshwater strand from PP and are very slightly warmer in tone. They are probably 6.5-7.0 mm. I probably have the receipt buried in my files somewhere, but I'm sure my jeweler can find it quickly and tell me what they are.

I've had them for a decade or more but have only worn them a few times because I considered them "too good" and too delicate for all but the fanciest. That will change now that I know more about pearls and have seen all of you wearing your lovely pearls routinely.

Attachments

• photo69815.jpg
    photo69815.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 30
  • attach452608.jpg
    attach452608.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 38
(I accidentally posted this in comments about the new forum. Oops!)

I am behind in my "thank you's" to all of you who welcomed me to the forum. I so appreciate the warm words.

Here is my first strand of "real" pearls. I'm not sure if they are akoyas or freshwater. They are very round (but not perfect), have a bit more luster than my AAA freshwater strand from PP and are very slightly warmer in tone. They are probably 6.5-7.0 mm. I probably have the receipt buried in my files somewhere, but I'm sure my jeweler can find it quickly and tell me what they are.

I've had them for a decade or more but have only worn them a few times because I considered them "too good" and too delicate for all but the fanciest events. That will change now that I know more about pearls and have seen all of you wearing your lovely pearls routinely.

Attached Files
  • Click image for larger version  Name:	0ACF9902-2A1A-4A15-9879-DAF9AB293EF3_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	452612

Wearing my new set of lavender freshwater wing pearls with a vintage scarf.

20210428_100217.jpg

Red--What a sweet little grandson you have! How wonderful for everyone that you've been able to care for him while his parents work from home. And your newer purchases...oh la la!

Rokor -- I can't wait to see the WSS with the ruby clasps.

86C -- How clever you were to put the two drop necklaces together... the result is charming.

LisaC -- Love your circle pin together with the keshis, but I am drooling over the baroque blue akoyas. I keep putting one of PP's blue akoya strands in my cart, and then deciding that I've spent too much this month already...

jeg -- You are so talented at putting jewelry and clothing together! I'm always inspired by your creations.

Bweaves -- Summer Rainbow and Winter Snowman are a perfect pair for your earrings. (Love your pearl names...)

What a pretty, spring-like combination, Red. I'm never successful at combining scarves and necklaces, but you've done it perfectly, even arranging your scarf to show those two lovely birds. Well done!

Yeah, Tricia, I know! Buying the Blues, I felt like a game show contestant, slamming down on a big red button when I bought the blue akoya. It was late at night, I had been yearning after them forever...then I took to my bed until they came, lol.

But seriously, they were scheduled for delivery on a Thursday, and we had a blowing snow, white-out event day, with sleet-y roads, with ice-tipped budding trees. A white-knuckle day.

Speaking of......here’s yesterday, playing with light and color, a graduated cream akoya twined around the blue baroque.
Click image for larger version  Name:	3479462E-94E3-4206-A840-0B406DFEF66D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	211.0 KB ID:	452619

photo69819.jpg
And here they are resting in LittleStyrofoamBowl. Well, nuts. You’ll have to click on the pic to enlarge. It’s worth it, just sayin’.

TriciaS, I think that you have an akoya strand. It's beautiful on you.
Red, your new pearls looks great with that scarf.
Lisa c, that plate thinghy really do bring out the colors in those pearls. Those blue akoyas are amazing

Thank you, Douglas, Charlotta and TricaS!

TriciaS, I love that cool, big flower accessory!

Those lavender shades are so Springy and gorgeous, Red!

LisaC, it was worth the wait. The new blue Akoya are beautiful, even while playing on styrofoam!

Koa wood ring from Hawaii, random Tahitian rope, and earrings made with jade slices.
8E840B01-2F2A-4F76-8433-51373D9708FF.jpeg
EAF61601-B4C2-4596-9D58-A56F99AC4537.jpeg

Ladies, you all look fabulous. I am loving your new additions.
No pearls for me. I'm. Cutting grass & doing yard work before the rain moves in this evening.

Thanks, Charlotta and 86C!

Wearing the random rope again, with a bumpy bail Tahitian pendant from Kojima, and scatter chain and earrings I made.
8B2FF516-2C68-4B3C-903D-EEC913407A63.jpeg
FAF8B4CF-3927-4547-A949-EDE83DDDBFA9.jpeg

Jeg, I am always so envious of your Tahitian collection!!! They're always so beautiful & well coordinated.
Today, I wore 2 multi colored Tahitian necklaces stacked with Tahitian & silver shoulder dusters.
20210430_165822 (2).jpg

Back