Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you SydK and eolian pearls!
SydK, I have a cheapie FW rope too that I just wear when I want something long to play with. :rolleyes:

Oh, I've been bad. I just bought a couple of pairs of Tahitian studs from Kojima. Pistachio, and blue with a lavender halo. Both 9.5 mm which is a comfortable size for my earlobes. I keep eyeing the expensive Tahitian necklace, but I know I have to have a tree removed from in front of my house.

Personally, I have my eye on the abalone shell and ruby necklace on Kojima :)
But for now, keshi and a big Tahitian necklace made with odds and ends I’m using up while I try to stay on ban island.
FC98B722-3A0E-41E1-AD78-F80EC63F988C.jpg

SydK, lovely strands. Have you tried a medium lenght and not a full rope? About 25 inches perhaps, not really long but not choker either.
Bweaves, I love dragons. And those studs you bought sounds incredible.

How exciting Bweaves! I am looking forward to seing your new earrings! The colors you chose are so beautiful! As for the Kojima expensive strands I love love LOVE the spring to winter necklace....

SydK we are both in keshis and big T today:) I love your silverly combination! I got a new phone instead of pearls so this is me playing around with the “portrait” mode...F09D3BC4-AD6D-4D2D-B11E-AE343D108ED1.jpgB897BB30-961E-4C91-A468-D3A7BD5E67EB.jpg

Very pretty! And it sits gracefully on your neck :)
That kind of clasp is one of my favorites as well.

Thank you everyone for the very, very, very kind compliments! Pearl friends are the best. :eek:

Pearl Dreams, yes to the layers! You are lucky to have light that captures your Tahitians.

BWeaves, nice! I love Tahitian studs. It’s a perfect size!

SydK and eolian, I missed the memo on keshi with a big T. I love both of them- perfect on their own or for layering. SydK, the rope length suits you. Maybe you’ll warm up to it?

Two Tahitian strands and earrings I put together. The earrings are made with ammonite fossils.
B6ED5622-E85F-4C09-A7C7-35BD7B738B14.jpeg

E5A88D08-E34B-4F83-A8E5-FE719382EA3A.jpg

C9CDB6B3-994E-4282-BB83-965461112206.jpg

And another pair of earrings with ammonite fossils.
61087A65-6F16-4499-9F60-7A5912A44C4F.jpg

Your new earrings are so gorgeous Jeg, and interesting to watch as well. Pretty and conversation pieces, when we finally will be able to meet people again.

SydK and eolian pearls::: OOOO, I love your pearl chokers with central large pearls. Lovely.

JEG: Love your longer Tahitian strands, but I really love your earrings with the ammonites.

I wore pearls almost everyday this week, but I only snapped a couple photos of my favourite combinations. Turns out it was the Tahitian pearls both times! I just love them. I wear a lot of warm colors, and I think the cool toned silver/blue is a great contrast. To keep my photos from being too boring since I don't have too many pearls (yet...), I tried to include my earrings in the photos as well.
20210227_213936.jpg
20210227_215014.jpg
The Tahitians were a perfect match for my big mid century gold and enamel hoops.
20210227_213827.jpg
20210227_215124.jpg
The pearls are also a perfect match for my favorite earrings, these 40's-50's white/yellow gold and diamond earrings. I will be wearing this combination often.

Everyone's pearls look great, and Bweaves I'm drooling over those kasumi pearls! I wonder if the Chinese "kasumi like" pearls are that fantastic? Wow

Thank you all for the keshi necklace compliments!

PearlieSue you really rock your pearls! I LOVE your combinations with vintage earrings - stylish ,timeless and edgy all in one look!

Oh Jeg! Your craft projects! I will start a petition to have you open an Etsy shop!!! Those earrings are gorgeous, so special! And that lighter/pastel tahitian necklace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love everything about it - the colors, the shapes, the size, the luster....LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, but I love following this thread.

Anyhow, today I wore some pearls. Robert Wan Tahitians from Pearl Paradise.

View attachment 77719

View attachment 77720
Hey Red! I'm going backwards on this thread...loving the pearls, the smiles and the great mood here :D and I had missed this one! Good to see you! Lovely necklace!

Thanks jesskat! I hope you like your new pearls. It will open up a whole new range of colors for you!

Two metallic temp strands from Pearls By The Bay that I was able to make a rope and a bracelet from. Worn with a necklace I made of metallic freshwater pearls from Kojima, FW keshi, and natural, wild Sea of Cortez pearls.
View attachment 75785

View attachment 75786

My eyes are squirming with delight!

Thank you so much, Charlotta, BWeaves, eolian and Douglas! You are so sweet, eolian! I am happy you enjoy my projects. :eek:

Pearlie Sue, you are an expert at creating a mood with your hair and make-up and jewels!

Back