Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Just for fun, thought I’d post this clutch of little polymer octos I made about 10 years ago. They are perched on chunks of fossilized coral washed up onto the beach in Cozumel. Hope everyone is managing to stay happy and healthy! I haven’t been posting lately, but am still an avid and enthusiastic lurker...

Sheri

Attachments

• 14486F08-5886-43C8-BE3E-0C794392056C.jpeg
    14486F08-5886-43C8-BE3E-0C794392056C.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 28
AWWWW! They're so cute!

So, wearing my new Sarah's Screamers on Steroids today with Kojima SS & fresh Tin-cup, and Mom's SS earrings.

IMG_9052.jpg

I've been playing with my new necklace and it nests well with my various Tahitian necklaces, both in length and in color contrast. I'll have to try to take photos at a later date.

IMG_9054.jpg

I think these are the largest pearls I own. There's no going back now. Now my 8 mm pearls look tiny to me.

IMG_9055.jpg

Love the whole setup and the way you wear both the smaller Tin Cups and the larger "Screamers" (love the name, BTW).
Hay! Happy Hanukkah!!!
I am heading out traveling for a couple of days...if you find I'm a bit quiet it will be due to this...but will return jump-started!

Thanks SydK and BWeaves! BWeaves, your new strand is fabulous!

Sheri, thanks for sharing the plateful of cheery creatures! They are so colorful and fun.

Safe travels to you, Douglas!

Wearing a custom Tahitian tin cup from PP, with a carved Tahitian on a vintage Akoya keshi necklace from Kojima.
C4146A2E-4654-4857-A859-79ACF5F4687D.jpeg

B4FB8485-40F4-4B24-89D2-3B4F01099E0F.jpg

JEG I love that tin-cup necklace, and that new pendant is gorgeous.

62931189648__4748CD2B-3F21-432B-B8E5-76612E045BAB.jpg

Sarah's Screamers on Steroids with my first Kojima Tahitian necklace. Hanadama studs from PP. I also wore my SoC ring from Douglas and my Lilypad ring from Kojima.

IMG_9064.jpg

I still can't believe I'm wearing pearls this big.

Last edited:
Waving HI Sheri! We miss you :) The octos are darling ... LOVE them.

Adding another Happy Hanukkah for all our friends celebrating!

Those big pearls looks great on you Bweaves, and they look especially good with the tahitians.
Jeg, that carved pearl is amazing and the colors on it matches those tiny vintage akoya keshis perfectly.

La_Corsetiere, those octos are so cute! It reminds me of the mini ones we ate yesterday!
DB73292C-CABE-4DD9-8A71-C98CAB10B1E2.jpg

BW, your new necklace is a show stopper, so fabulous! It looks great with your tin cup and Tahitian strand, very versatile!!

Jeg, love your tin cup and new pendant!!

What I’m wearing today, my Tahitian tin cup, Cees earrings and PP Tahitian ring I modified!

BAEFB6BD-7789-4ED0-B75D-2560DBB57094.jpg
553A4702-F525-4B06-8D18-0AB66C12E04E.jpg

Lilpearl, that dish looks delicious. Not as delicious as your pearls. Those earrings are so gorgeous. Amd the tincup is so pretty.

Thanks BWeaves, Charlotta, Katbran, and Lilpearl!:eek:

Lilpearl, your Tahitians are fantastic- each and every piece.

Wearing a pearl medley rope from Kojima, with a metallic Y necklace from Pikinnew’s collection, and originally from PP.
F1A7BAEA-9DCF-4FFD-92AC-C7CA02A10727.jpeg

65E00596-C2D8-46D9-8952-4669220C50E1.jpg

JEG, love those! The mixed necklace reminds me of my Everything Bagel.

I was all in blue akoyas on Friday. Earring drops from Kojima on my own oval diamond hoops. Top and bottom strand from PP. You can almost see the hot pink and teal green overtones on many of the blue pearls.

IMG_9073.jpg

IMG_9074.jpg

Since I'm working from home, and nobody but you and Greg see me, I've been doing the Wool& 100 day challenge. It's where you wear the same wool dress for 100 days. It's supposed to be minimalist, except, when I find a dress I like, I buy it in every color, which sort of defeats the purpose. However, I have only been wearing the same color for a few days in a row, and just swapping out different pearls every day to change the look.

The pearls look really good against the green. It will be nice to see the same background color and different colored pearls daily...I always loved to see this but against skin color, but in wintertime it is much more appropriate to see this contrast against cloth.

That medley rope is gorgeous Jeg. I tried to make a similar one with some 7-8mm tahitians that I bought a while ago from Druzydesign. I added some bigger pearls to it. But it just wasn't right. Those small pearls are a 27 inches long strand now that I really like. I have made a mixed tahitian rope recently out of drop tahitian pearls of different sizes. It's much better than my previous attempts. I show it to you all when I am better, I have been sick for over a week. I am starting to feel a bit better so hopefully I can be back to work later this week. And then take some photos this weekend.
Bweaves, your blue akoyas looks lovely on that teal dress. I do the same thing as you do, when I find some piece of clothing that I like, I get it in every color (well every color that I like that is).

Thank you Charlotta, BWeaves and Jeg!!

Jeg,I love the whole ensemble! They’re both beautiful necklaces and the sweater is sooo pretty!!

BWeaves, your blue akoya layering paired with those huggie earrings is simply exquisite, and the overtones on those pearls is intense!!

Thanks Katkashmir! How great to hear from you! Yes, the pearls look great in these low hanging clouds. Pearl pics are ok, but I am having a hard time taking pics with the full outfit because it casts a big glare off the windows.

Thanks BWeaves! Ack, 100 days in the same dress??? That sounds like my worst nightmare :eek:

Charlotta, the colors are an unusual combination but it is surprising how many things it works with.

Thank you Lilpearl! I think my clothes come off a little more dressy in photos. I am really all about being comfy.

Sorry about all the glare in these pics. Another pearl mix rope from Kojima, with an Edison pendant from PP, and a keshi chain I made. I threw on some earrings after I buttoned up my jacket.
DDA17419-C5C4-4CFB-87F2-98CCA2E385D4.jpeg

A2CA5FEA-13EB-4B63-8CDB-187D9AECE6DF.jpeg

1DC3E51E-76BD-46F6-A0D7-AD02EDB42816.jpg

Back