Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

JEG: I love seeing your outfits as well as your pearls. The Fijis and Biwas are gorgeous.

86C: Love your pearls, too.

Thanks, Pattye. Both strand are very large pearls & it's somewhat difficult to find 35+ inch strand of really large T's that have good luster & minimal marking. Most ropes tend to be 9-10mm like my ombré rope. David Norman told me that the pearl farmers are not really leaving the oysters in the the water long enough to create the larger pearls & are harvesting early. Most of the harvests are 8-10mm. I'm glad I bought these 2 strands when I did; I would pay a lot more for them if I was trying to buy them now.

BW, I could play in your jewelry box, too!!

Kanaloa is one lucky cephalopod to be living with you and being able to venture out, 86Corvettegirl! We are still under pretty strict lockdown here in Oakland, California...no ramen outings for us, sigh.

We're pretty much open here in Ga, Sherry. Kanaloa has been enjoying his outings & wants to go back to Nola! LOL
Today, is a lazy day & I'm hanging out with Luna, Kanaloa's little sister!

Attachments

• 20200610_151751.jpg
    20200610_151751.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
86Corvettegirl your pastel tahitian rope is stunning!!! Love Cees’ tahitians as well but those big pastel drops...dreamy...

Thanks, Eolian pearls. I love that necklace, too. It's quite large...12-16mm.

Last edited:
86c Your pearls are magnificent! Haven’t been wearing any pearls lately . Here in NY we’re still in lockdown. Some day soon.

BW- Those drop shaped earrings .. such a wonderful shape. It's so hard to find a proper tear drop shaped pair now. I fear that companies have become so good at their culturing that Rounds are taking over . I love drop shapes... I've been looking for a nice big pair of WSS teardrops for ages. That SoC ring..the pearl is beautiful ! Quite iridescent .

86c - Kanaloa is such a statement piece... I love seeing you wear him out for Ramen ! Luna is so adorable !

jeg - Always a wonderful collection of earrings and Keshi pieces - and the Cees Fiji are great - I bought some at the same time from him ! Love the creamy tans and earthy tones.

So many treasures on this thread! Too many to mention them all, but a couple that really stood out for me are Jeg’s outstanding blues with the Monili clasp, which is one of my all-time favourite PG strands (with BN’s mega Golay strand and peacock rikiteas, and a couple of Bezel-set SOC mabe necklaces, plus others I’m sure) and those beautiful pastels, 86C. I don’t think I’ve seen them before - I’m sure I’d remember them.
Cold and dark and damp here (by Sydney standards), so I was somber in black and silver.
BF3D9F33-2C53-473E-8D0B-EF8481C8086B.jpeg

Katbran, I do hope that the pearl companies don’t manage to eliminate the drop shapes - those are my favourites! Especially the smooth, fat drops. I know the strand I just posted is round, but it’s an outlier in my small collection. But I have to admit I’ve been on the lookout for colourful blue/green Tahitian drops for earrings for a while now without success.

My perfect teardrops and La Perlagrina are the only perfect drop shaped pearls I've ever found. All my other drops are just off rounds.

Love Luna. SydK, what an interesting combination of necklaces. The cubes vs. the pearly rounds. Love it.

Thanks so much, Pattye, 86C, BWeaves, Katbran, and SydK!

86C and SydK, I love those silvery Tahitians. So pretty!

Yesterday I wore my special Japan Kasumi harvest strand from Kojima, with a custom Kojima smooth Kasumi ring. It’s hanging from a keshi chain.
9E99270D-D21A-40D5-8A03-AE0AF7C476CA.jpeg

E46B49C4-A4DC-46B9-8B28-F389FE74C474.jpeg

And I am still playing with earrings...
04A66F0B-0363-4D56-8069-86C00E26EC2A.jpeg

D5BE3778-E93F-4F10-AB13-E3B26DCE3EB9.jpeg

Amazing pearls- and outifts- Jeg, on all of your posts.

Love the asymetry and color on both those pairs of earrings.

Thanks, Bcm21mk, Katbran, SydK, BW, & Jeg. It's been really pearly around here, even when staying at home.
Love your T's, SydK. Black & silver is a great combination!
Jeg, I just drool over your colorful Kasumi necklace! Goes perfect with your dress & those earrings are just fabulous!!

The Ombré strands came out for lunch with the youngest son.

Attachments

• 20200611_194805.jpg
    20200611_194805.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 30
Oooh, ladies, thank you all so much for the beautiful pearly posts. You all look wonderful, your pearls look wonderful, and you've kept me company every night when I fall on the sofa to tired to think ... THANK YOU.

JEG. Wow! That Kasumi strand is amazing. I also love the keshi tin cup and the ring as a pendant.

86C: Your ombres are gorgeous. I always love seeing them.

Very hot here now. Yesterday I wore Walter Who on a gold chain. I have interchangeable pendants for this chain that attach at the sides of the pendants. This is the first time I've used the extra curved link that allows me to slip any pendant onto this chain.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8BA49A11-E19E-4D79-A74A-35894F3C1AB8_1_201_a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	393437

Today I wore a new tank dress from Wool&. Yup, wearing wool in Florida in the summer. It feels really good in the air conditioning. I haven't tried walking outside in this dress yet. It's olive, and I love olive and blue akoyas

Click image for larger version  Name:	F05E5AEA-0E09-4F64-8AAC-3EBEC0A42C25_1_201_a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	393438

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, BW! You look fabulous in olive!! And the color really sets off your blues! Absolutely a great look. And what can I say about Walter Who.....I just love him & was looking to buy him myself. So glad he found a wonderful home with you. You saved me some money! LOL

That olive dress is fabulous, BWeaves! I love olive, when it's GREEN Olive. Often it's too drab and brown for me; yours is a lovely shade. Walter Who looks great on that wonderfully clever chain!

I just love pendants, and Walter who is a special one. That’s a great chain, too.
Jeg, love the pink and rainbow pearls with the chartreuse dress.
I’m going for texture today - ripple necklace with a pendant made from my favourite bicoloured pearl from the same strand. The iridescence of the pendant pearl is crazy.
2F8AEDE3-4362-4A9A-A808-585310247C91.jpg
97992817-98BA-4DDC-BC48-1605721C028C.jpg

Back