Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

This is my sanity; pretty sure you all lowered my BP by dozens of points right now ... hugs and kisses, all.
BWeaves, a highlight is seeing that gorgeous Kojima "beachy necklace" I love so much; thanks!
Pearl-man: I too am fascinated by pearls from the Americas too; fueled by my dad's stories of collecting them from out of "clams" in small creeks in Pennsylvania. Closest I got was a necklace of alternating turquoise and keshi pearls from the guys growing them in Bird Song Lake, Kentucky ... we stopped there. I think they don't produce anymore. Thank You.

It cooled off to 80F. It's really nice here the last few days. More summer pearls.

Mikimoto yellow gold huggie earrings. Kojima keshi necklaces.

Mikimoto yellow gold huggie earrings. Kojima keshi necklaces.

More Kojima. Keshi tin-cup and matching earrings. Kasumi pendant on yellow gold knit choker.

Keshi tin-cup and matching earrings.   Kasumi pendant on yellow gold knit choker - Kojima

My finger keeps hovering over the carved Tahitian pendant on the Kojima site. Save me from myself.

Does anyone have a carved Tahitian pearl? Do you like it? Or do you think uncarved is prettier?

I have a smaller round one. Not nearly as elaborate as the Kojima one. I love a big pearl pendant of any type! I think Red has one that is maybe, Kamoka?

I had to get dressed today for some exchanges at the porch. Although in the photo, it looks like I’m wearing pjs.:rolleyes: Wearing a freshwater necklace I knotted with loose pearls from Hong Kong.
Wearing a freshwater necklace I knotted with loose pearls from Hong Kong

Freshwater necklace I knotted with loose pearls from Hong Kong

What a memory, jeg! Here is my carved Kamoka. I'm pretty sure I got it at a ruckus. I adored the ombre color, as it is lighter at the top and grades down to a dark bottom. It was unique and I bought it on the spot. I often wear it with casual clothes, such as t-shirts, since it says sporty to me.

Here is my carved Kamoka

Here is my carved Kamoka

Here is my carved Kamoka

Thanks JEG and Red. I think I remember that one. I think that's the one that first sparked my interest. OK, I'm weakening.

Last edited:
I have a carved tahitian. It is not as impressive as the Kojima one, but I think it is pretty. I haven't worn it all that much, but then I don't wear a single pearl as often as I wear strands. Note: this is a close up. It is about 10mm.
carved tahitian.

Linda that's very pretty. Maybe you need to string it onto one of your strands so you have to wear it by default.

Here’s mine- I wear it casually, too, on a chain and by itself. I might try it with some charms next time I need to get dressed...
carved tahitian

carved tahitian

I have a round carved Tahitian & a pair of drop earrings. I love mine especially when it's hot & I don't want to layer a lot. Mine have green tones & are not as spectacular as that Kojima carved drop pearl they have on their site. I've been looking at that one myself. It's a real beauty.

round carved Tahitian & a pair of drop earrings

Keep posting, ladies, your lovely pearls and combinations are brightening my days.

If we hadn't been reduced to 50% pay already at my work, I would get that carved Kojima pendant in a heartbeat! Love the carving with the drop shape and almost iridescent color.

Recent pearls worn in the office (with fairly casual clothes bc we've been rather unexpectedly deemed essential but that doesn't mean we have to like it). Freshwater pearls (blue are obviously dyed) and crystal earrings and bracelet that made myself a hundred years ago, definitely not expensive, back when I dabbled in beading. Also an antique seed pearl bracelet of my grandmother's which my mother gave me after Nan passed. No idea of its provenance but that lady loved her jewelry.

Freshwater pearls (blue are obviously dyed) and crystal earrings and bracelet that made myselfFreshwater pearls (blue are obviously dyed) and crystal earrings and bracelet that made myselfFreshwater pearls (blue are obviously dyed) and crystal earrings and bracelet that made myself

antique seed pearl bracelet of my grandmother's which my mother gave me after Nan passedantique seed pearl bracelet of my grandmother's which my mother gave me clasp

Here are my carved pearls, all from Pearl Paradise. The station necklace is small acorn carved design pearls strung on black spinel. The 3 pearl pendant was made for me, and I chose the leaf carved pearl in one of their sales. I get more use from the 3 pearl pendant, which I love. Most often I wear it on a long gold chain, alone, sometimes inside a long Tahitian rope ... or 2 :) BWeaves, that BIG carved pearl is gorgeous! Red, I don't think I've seen yours, or more likely I just don't remember, but it's wonderful ... it reminds me of ocean waves around the bottom!
3 Pearl Pendant and EarringsCarved Acorn Tahitian Pearl necklace all from Pearl Paradise

Oh, that Kojima pendant is really special! Thank goodness the Australian dollar is so low against the greenback that it’s not even worth me contemplating purchases in US dollars at the moment, but I hope it goes to a good home.

OOO, lovely pendants. I love everyone carved beauties. Cathy, I remember that acorn and the leafy drop. I waited too long to buy it. I always want to sleep before I make any big purchase, so I don't have buyers remorse in the morning. That's how I end up missing out on a lot pearls that go fast.

This morning I bought the carved drop from Kojima, along with the large rippled drop which has been mesmerizing me for a while. I really like JEG's large drops that you wear layered with other ropes.

Anyway, as I wrote Sarah at Kojima. It's Pearlation Therapy. Take two pearls and call me in the morning.

Last edited:
Wonderful, BW!!! Congratulations! You've saved me from buying it. I'm really trying to stay on ban island during this unpredictable time. I can't wait to see a mod shot when you get it. It's truly a special pearl!

Well, I was trying to stay on ban island, too, but . . . I've been buying stocks, cause they're on sale, so I feel like I wanted something that would give me instant gratification. The stocks won't for a while.

I did buy some pearls to work on during this isolation. Now is the time to start studying stringing videos so I'll know what to do when they get here. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your pendant.

Back