Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Red, I have a Kamoka harvest bracelet with that flower clasp. It’s my favorite clasp of theirs. I wish I had the same clasp on one of my strands because I’d love to wear them together. I love your flannel pants! Looking forward to seeing more of your Oska collection!

Thank you, Charlotta and Katbran! Katbran, there are some pistachio pearls on that strand. The whole strand has a green overcast. I got it from Carolyn, and was so thrilled once I saw it in person. I asked her about it and she said she got a small lot of pearls from a family farm in Myanmar. She picked the cream for this strand and they are really beautiful. I’m glad you agree! :eek: Also, thank you for noticing the clothes! I have been trying to take photos with more of the clothes showing because there’s usually more detail beyond the neckline.

I have been living in this rope, and the Tahitian ombré strand. Sorry for repetition.:rolleyes:

Silver blue Japanese baroque Akoya rope with Tahitian dangle from Kojima.
DC9F2DCB-4F83-45F0-BB26-2C624BBEB547.jpg

Tahitian ombré strand from PP and multicolored Tahitians from an Intergem show.
82BCEB80-0F9E-4B24-A0BE-DC9E12CB2060.jpg

jeg - Your pearls really pop against your pretty clothes. I also currently have a lot of grays in my wardrobe and they make a wonderful background for Tahitians.

Today was a blue themed day. Lands' End cotton cable sweater and a big fluffy blue-toned scarf called for my blue-body Rikitea Tahitians. Studs are purple peacock surrounding a green center. All pearls from Pearl Paradise.

20190109_195004.jpg

20190109_194851.jpg

Red, I have a Kamoka harvest bracelet with that flower clasp. It’s my favorite clasp of theirs. I wish I had the same clasp on one of my strands because I’d love to wear them together. I love your flannel pants! Looking forward to seeing more of your Oska collection!

Thank you, Charlotta and Katbran! Katbran, there are some pistachio pearls on that strand. The whole strand has a green overcast. I got it from Carolyn, and was so thrilled once I saw it in person. I asked her about it and she said she got a small lot of pearls from a family farm in Myanmar. She picked the cream for this strand and they are really beautiful. I’m glad you agree! :eek: Also, thank you for noticing the clothes! I have been trying to take photos with more of the clothes showing because there’s usually more detail beyond the neckline.

Thanks jeg ! I have to ask...who is Carolyn .. Ehret? That flower clasp might be at Stuller ... I'm sure I saw it there .

Last edited:
Thanks Katbran- yes, Carolyn Ehret. I have purchased several things from her over the years and this strand is particularly special.

Thank you, Red and JerseyPearl! I spend a lot of the winter in black or gray. It does make for a good backdrop for pearls, but looking at your blues is so much more cheerful!

I really love seeing everyone's clothing with the pearls. It's really inspirational on how to style pearls. Off to shop!

To mix things up, I decided to take a photo of some outerwear this morning before heading out the door to run errands. Wearing post earrings and a bracelet.

3DB6613C-122D-46AB-97CF-21A7A171A088.jpeg

Tahitian posts from Mark Kane Designs, Hawaii.
3E64A61E-0280-43F5-9CE2-52CC9F6D959C.jpg

J. Hunter bracelet from Fiji.
0864A238-0604-41D9-AECD-70FE78C0DA6F.jpg

Doh! And I wore blues today, too. It never occurred to me to dig out the blue Wedgwood brooches when I wear blue pearls. Brilliant!

UPDATE: All the blues, plus my Outlander tartan shawl. The dress is olive drab. My 10 mm BBA necklace looks almost white compared to Baby Nurse's 10mm BBA necklace.

View attachment 64650

And here's the stickpin with the blue pearls. The lighting is a Reveal daylight bulb at night, but the Wedgwood blue doesn't really go well with the blue pearls. They clash.

View attachment 64651

I can't seem to get the blue in the pearls to show up today.

I was wondering if the blues wouldn't go together, but that's a really cute pin! Maybe you would have better luck with you white akoyas as it would bring out the white figurine? The pearls are lovely.

I was very lucky to work with Jersey Pearl from Ocean's Cove on a custom necklace. I fell in love with her pairing of these petite GSSP with pink tourmalines and rose gold. She had posted a picture of the materials and she very patiently listened to my ideas and then came up with this lovely, delicate piece that is great on it's own and also very layerable. The mannequin shots are hers and the others are mine. They are layered in one shot with a GSSP and gold bead necklace from Catherine Cardinelli.
Ocean's Cove GSSP and tourmaline.jpg

Glam Shot Ocean's Cove  petie GSSP with pink tourmaline 14K rose gold.jpg

7.5mm GSSP and pink tourmaline rose gold.jpg

GSSP OC 7.5 mm and CC Autumn GSSP.jpg

Yay! So glad to see some photos of your lovely combination, 2thdktr! They’re both very pretty!

Today I wore a new wool OSKA sweater in a pretty plum color with my white Tahitian necklaces from PP. I have a white Tahitian bracelet with a blue and white Fiji pearl. A silk scarf and grey OSKA pants finish my look.

20190110_081636.jpg

20190110_130136.jpg

20190110_130043.jpg

20190110_081530.jpg

I was very lucky to work with Jersey Pearl from Ocean's Cove on a custom necklace. I fell in love with her pairing of these petite GSSP with pink tourmalines and rose gold. She had posted a picture of the materials and she very patiently listened to my ideas and then came up with this lovely, delicate piece that is great on it's own and also very layerable. The mannequin shots are hers and the others are mine. They are layered in one shot with a GSSP and gold bead necklace from Catherine Cardinelli.
View attachment 64708

View attachment 64709

View attachment 64710

View attachment 64711

Blushing here...that looks fantastic on you! The length is perfect and it looks great layered with your larger CC piece.

Back