Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Kay, I know what you mean about a ring being a driving hazard. I have certain ones I only wear when Greg is driving, hehehe. Your little h pieces are gorgeous.

Today, a dress from Ann G Linen I saw JEG wear at a Ruckus and it stuck in my brain. Worn with my TNT strand from Ocean's Cove hooked to my Vietnamese blue baroque akoya strand from PP. Plus Kasumi pendant and earrings from Kojima.

TNT strand from Ocean's Cove hooked to my Vietnamese blue baroque akoya strand from Pearl Paradise. Plus Kasumi pendant and earrings from Kojima

TNT strand from Ocean's Cove hooked to my Vietnamese blue baroque akoya strand from Pearl Paradise. Plus Kasumi pendant & earrings from Kojima

TNT strand from Ocean's Cove hooked to my Vietnamese blue baroque akoya strand from Pearl Paradise. Plus Kasumi pendant and earrings from Kojima close up

And the end of my latest handwoven shawl. It looks like a cityscape, although I didn't realize that until I finished it.

fullsizeoutput_932.jpg

Oh, and I finally finished spinning the silk I was spinning at Ruckus. Here it is with the TNT necklace.

fullsizeoutput_936.jpg

Last edited:
OMG BWeaves that silk is stunning and the shawl ... you are so amazing. And it does look like a city scape.

KaySD - That Spinel necklace is truly gorgeous. I love the mix of lustrous pearls and the sparkle on Spinel is marvellous ... why bother buying a necklace with tiny black diamonds when you get the same punch from Spinel.

jeg - those mixed large SouthSea are amazing on you !!

KaySD - Glad you finally can wear that amazing little h ring. I remember it from the ruckus, and that Tahitian is truly stunning. Not to mention that little h styling. Love it. Thanks for the photos.

Happy Anniversary KaySD, and congratulations on your fabulous little H ring!

BWeaves, wish I’d seen you spinning silk; those colors are glorious! How oerfectly those earrings compliment your shawl and your pearls; brings it all together in a really artful way :)

BW, Love the combination of TNT & your blue Vietnamese! TNT compliments so many different pearl strands & colors!

Cathy: I was spinning in the early morning before most people were up, because my body was still on Eastern time. It also kept my hands busy on the long flights cross country. Now I just have to figure out what I want to weave with it.

Cool weather!!! OK, it got down to the 70s F today. I layered on the pearls. Mom's South Sea drop earrings. Ripples from Kojima. Pistachio akoyas from PP. And mixed pearl tin-cup from Kojima.

South Sea drop earrings. Ripples from Kojima. Pistachio akoyas from Pearl Paradise. And mixed pearl tin-cup from Kojima

And SoC pearl from Douglas in PP rose gold ring.

Sea of Cortez pearl from Douglas in Pearl Paradise rose gold ring

BW, you look fabulous!!! I love the mix & style. The colors in the ripples are gorgeous!! Your long mixed tin cup is perfect for cowl necks!!

Thanks JP: I normally don't wear cowlnecks for the same reason. This one is from Ann G Linen, and I really liked the way the neckline rolled. I thought it had great pearl potential. It also has a funky asymmetrical hemline and interesting seaming on the back.

https://www.annglinen.com/collectio...ck-cowl-neck-tunic-g451?variant=8125795827806

Why did you make me look?!? I LOVE everything on that site!! Ugh, I hate winter...I may need to plan a trip someplace warm so I can justify the purchase of more linen.

I’m in love with that ring, BWeaves. The SOC fits perfectly in that setting.

I have been on a doubles kick.
Long multi Tahitian strand doubled-
20171021 144104

Two Fiji strands-
574C2171-9B6E-46E0-8F7C-1ECF2F35F594.jpeg

Two keshi chains with a keshi pendant-
B35596B5-467F-46C7-A624-75DE40013254.jpg

Thank you, 86C and Katbran! It’s been double the fun!

Jeg, your pearls are gorgeous.
Here is my new south sea strand. It's about 18 inch, the pearls are 9-12 and very baroque. Great luster. I also post my south sea strand from Wendy at Perlescence to show the difference in pearl size. The rope I wear all the time, these new ones seems a bit big. I may use the pearls for some project
_20181103_150708.jpg
_20181103_150631.jpg
_20181103_150557.jpg
_20181103_150439.jpg

JEG: Great doubles!

Charlotta: Being a weaver, I'm totally distracted by the fabric. I'm sitting here analyzing the weave structure. hehehe. Those are beautiful SS pearls. I love the shape of the baroque ones.

Back