Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

My deer are lounging in my backyard again. This one looks bigger though. Might be momma, today. I didn't take a photo.

I wore my baroque Tahitians from Kojima and my black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka today. Then I got caught in Florida downpour. Totally drenched. I had to maneuver under the hand dryer in the ladies room to try to dry off.

fullsizeoutput_7cd.jpg

I remember not liking this strand when I opened the box, and then I put it on and fell in love. It doesn't photograph as pretty as it looks in real life. It has much more color in real life. Plus, I love the clasp. It's white gold with sapphires, but it doesn't lay right if I try to wear the clasp in the front. Another reason to keep my hair short.

PD: My T's are strung on grey cord. I think they need navy Beader's Secret. Yours look great with that color.

Bonsava: Your necklace looks like soap bubbles. I love it.

Suchi: I love cameos, and your mother of pearl on is gorgeous.

Last edited:
BWeaves, I think your necklace is beautiful, and I agree that it's worth trying navy thread!

Beautiful strand BWeaves! I always think I am unsure about baroque Tahitians, then I see that, or Charlotta's double, or...(etc. etc.)

Got a clearer picture of the Akoyas, which though it makes the goldens look more white, you can get an idea of the luster on them. These are the first round Akoyas I've had and I am amazed by how accurate the mirror-like description is.

Blue and Gold Akoyas.jpg

BWeaves, your Tahitian necklace looks wonderful on you! Personally, I love it

Bonsava, I love your PP necklace! PP has an awesome sale going on. I did buy myself the 3-4 mm pearl hoops & I'm looking a a couple of other items.

Gorgeous Tahitians Pearldreams and Bweaves. Both your necklaces are breathtaking. I thought after my strand from Cees that I am done, but have a nagging suspicion this is just the start.
Bonsova love your akoya bar necklace, the luster on akoyas are so awesome.

Enjoying our last day in paradise. :cool: Heading home tomorrow in time to repack, give the Traveling Pearl a good bath, and fly off to the Ruckus!
4BE46B89-7047-4CF9-B75F-D35CD780679F.jpg

CF8B4C55-6CF9-4D11-91A0-713319F733BD.jpg

I am torn between admiring the beauty of the pearl in the red flowers and admiring the pie...Yum! And you take wonderful photographs, jeg!

Thanks for taking us along with Traveling Pearl, JEG. Loved all the photos.

Suchi, that is a pretty shell pendant.
That tahitian necklace is so beautiful PearlDreams. So colorful.
Love your restrung pearl bracelet BWeaves. Did you not between the pearls? I think I read somewhere that it wasn't before? And I love that tahitian necklace. It always looks different depending on what you are wearing and the lights etc. We have deers in our garden as well... Mostly giving us tics...
Bonsava, lovely akoya bar necklace. Gives me design ideas.
That is a nice octopus 86Corvettegirl.
And I always like that Traveling pearl Jeg, that pie looks good as well.
Some days ago I strung a necklace with some nice tahitians from Druzydesign and some pink/red sapphires from Jaipurgemstone on Softflex
_20180725_101048.jpg
Now I wonder, should I have made a tincup of the tahitians instead. I have 10 tahitian pearls that goes well together. Not all in this necklace. The dusty pinkish sapphires do bring out the pink in the tahitians, but it looks a bit, I don't know, formal maybe. What do you think. There are enough sapphires to make a 16 inch necklace without the pearls.

Last edited:
Yes, Katbran.....that pie!!! I gained 10 lbs just from looking at the pic!!! LOL
Ladies, all your pearls look amazing! Keep that eye candy coming!!!

Thank you to all who like my octopus. I contacted the designer who made it & he's now making me another one with a bluish Tahitian & blue diamond eyes. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece. I also contacted Sheri about designing an octobaby for me so I'm now on the hunt for the perfect pearl....maybe a colorful Kasumi. I would love to find a pearl that would be perfect for a blue ringed Octopus. It's something to think about.
I do have a flameball pendant coming that looks kinda like an octopus which is the reason I chose it. It should be here tomorrow so it will be interesting to see it IRL.

After yardwork/grass cutting & a nice refreshing shower, I'm wearing my metallic pink flameball pendant made for me by Sakura. It came today & I just had to put it on! I like this one because it reminds me of an octopus. I wear a lot of black, white, blues & greys but it looks like I need to incorporate some pink & lavender/purple in my wardrobe! :D

Attachments

• 20180725_183818.jpg
    20180725_183818.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 25
I am so behind so I am sorry for the blanket compliment on everyone’s pearls.

And yes, Katbran, let’s talk about that pie! :p Delicious macadamia nut ice cream topped with fudge, whipped cream and more macadamia nuts.

Thank you, Katbran. This is my first actual fireball pendant but it won't be my last. I just love them! I would love to find one like BAS has with the wide frilly skirt or one like BN's huge white with the lavender edging on the skirt. I'm having Sakura make me a long Tin Cup necklace with some of her white Soufflé & some blue baroque akoyas that I found & am sending to her. I love tin cups, especially in the hot summer months & with the longer length she's going to make me, I'll be able to double it. If I can find some GSS that I like, I would have her make me a golden one too. I have too many pearl wants. :D

Back