Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks Katbran, Pareltje, BWeaves, Battah, Amti!

Luvglitz- I hope you get more wear out of your chocolate Tahitians now. They look great with that top!

Battah- I like your redo! I’ll have to take a look at the other thread to see how it originated!

Yesterday I had a heck of time trying to figure out what pearls would go with that T-shirt. The neckline is off center, so most necklaces looked "wrong." The horizontal lines of navy and white also did not play nice with pearls. I ended up with my Tahitian keshi tin cup and opal and Tahitian drop earrings, both from Kojima Pearl.

Tahitian keshi tin cup and opal and Tahitian drop earrings, both from Kojima Pearl

And Brady from PP told me that the pistachio ropes from the Hong Kong trip didn't work out. They couldn't match up enough pearls for them, so that money goes back in my pearl budget. So, I wore my tiny pistachio akoyas from last year's Ruckus (2016) with The Swan on the gold choker. And my blue grey drops from Kojima on my oval hoops.

tiny pistachio akoyas from last year's Ruckus (2016) with The Swan on the gold choker and blue grey drops from Kojima on my oval hoops

tiny pistachio akoyas from last year's Ruckus (2016) with The Swan on the gold choker

Brady also told me that someone snagged the Screamer necklace and both of the pearl on pearl tin-cups during the live Facebook Tahitian sale thing. Unfortunately, I was watching it an hour later, as I couldn't watch it during work. If someone here bought them, I want neck shots so I can enjoy them vicariously. Please.

BWeaves, those pistachio vietnamese akoyas are my favourites, so lustrous!

T bracelets with spinel,zoisite, and amethyst for me today.
pistachio vietnamese akoyas, T bracelets with spinel, zoisite, and amethyst
pistachio vietnamese akoyas, T bracelets with spinel, zoisite, and amethyst

Bailey: I like the dangles, too. The dangles keep the "correct" pearls on top. And they're just fun looking. Are they stretch bracelets?

Thank you CathyK,Katbran,Bweaves!

Yes they are,Bweaves! Stretch bracelets are so easy to take on and off and to make as well.:)

before 2008 many Tahitian pearls were treated to a brown colour. The fashion stopped in 2008 and I still see some wholesales at the Fairs in Hong Kong carrying them. When I asked them if these sell again they say No.
Brown is occarionally shown in Tahitian pearls but more in Fiji.

Pearl Paradise still has a few of those treated Tahitian Chocolate pearls. They are a distinctive shade of brown that appears quite different to me than the natural brown color of Tahitian or Fijian pearls.

Thank you Cees. That information is very interesting. My pearls are really greenish brown and supposedly a natural colored Tahitian. I have seen dyed brown Tahitians at some of the gem shows. The color is usually very harsh and artificial looking.

I second BWeaves for neckshots of the screamers and the tincup if the owners are on PG!

Chocolate pearls and chocolate diamonds leave me cold. I like my chocolate real.

I was going to make a "I like my chocolate like I like my men" joke. But all I could think of for a punch line was, "bitter."

Luvglitz, almost edible chocolate Ts, yum...
BWeaves, I really love your pistachio akoyas, they are so shiny.
Bailey, pretty bracelets, great combo of pearls and crystals.
I wore my impostors Fijians today.

wore my impostors Fijians

wore my impostors Fijians 2

Very pretty, Pareltje. I like colorful pearls.

Today I wore my Kasumi (from Kojima) and Mexican opal pendant from T Lee. I also wore three Kamoka pearls on a black rubber necklace , ala lmgarden's figs. These are my aubergine pendant in the center and a pair of earring drops on either side. I think pearls with more color contrast would be more interesting.

Kasumi (from Kojima) and Mexican opal pendant from T Lee.

I loaded up on my most colorful bracelets. Two Fijians on the bottom, and my Kamoka Sea and Sand on the top.

Two Fijians on the bottom, and my Kamoka Sea and Sand on the top

Last edited:
Wow wow you're dripping with pearls, Red. I love all your colorful pearl treasures.

BWeaves, I love your keshi tin cup!

Bailey, love the bracelets! They’re so much fun!

Pareltje - your Ts are gorgeous! So colourful!

Red, oh my god! Love all your pieces but the Kasumi and opal pendant is amazing!

More 2017 Ruckus loot today. My Everything Bagel rope, with my Chinese ripple choker, and Kasumi and tanzanite drop earrings, all from Kojima. More is more. This was very heavy on my neck and ears today.

Everything Bagel rope, with my Chinese ripple choker, and Kasumi and tanzanite drop earrings, all from Kojima

Everything Bagel rope, with my Chinese ripple choker, and Kasumi and tanzanite drop earrings, all from Kojima 2

It's funny, but the ripples look better in photographs than they do in real life, and the Everything Bagel looks better in real life than it does in photos. Of course, the dark denim tends to skew the colors and the camera adjusts by overexposing, so I may have better luck wearing these with white linen. Will I never learn?

Last edited:
Went to work on Saturday wearing my long Southsea and Tahiti tincup. Pearls and leather jacket do mix! Well..according to me anyway. One boss lady told me I have nice pearls and she love looking at young girls wearing pearls. Told her I spend most of my wage on pearls...

long South sea and Tahiti tincup

Back