Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Pearl Dreams so sorry to hear of your husbands injury but happy to hear he is doing well. Don't forget to take care of yourself and wear lots of pearls they will help.

OM Gosh, PD! Reading your post, I was feeling queasy! I'm sure it was a mess at the work place too. Glad your hubby is a trooper and not one to lay in bed and moan for days. I hope his finger heals quickly and he's able to get around without flipping too many people off. Your akoya strand is such a great find... the kind we all wish we could find! And the ginkos are lovely earrings too! So nice of the Pres of the corp to call, sounds like a good place to work!

Battah, what a QT your little man is! I thought your akoya keshi/gssp strand was really nice... what did you not like about it? I'm curious to see it redone. How did you knot it? Your jade bracelets are nice but gosh, I love that gssp necklace! It's very different and looks great on your neck!

BWeaves, lovely VBA.... did you get those at Ruckus? I love the dragon clasps on the rice krispies! I have some rice krispies as well and am thinking of holding on to them a little longer since seeing the video as well.... you just don't see them anymore!

Katbran, I did feel rattled earlier on. I'm a PT so I've seen a lot of gory things, but it's different when it's someone you love. Hard to be objective then.

A new pearl, huh? Can't say I'm not tempted. But I just got these silver gingko leaf earrings so they will have to suffice:

Ooooooooo. Very pretty ! Ginkgo is a fabulous shape for earrings! Hope he's feeling better - gives me shivers just thinking about it !

amti: I did not get my Vietnamese akoyas at Ruckus. The 9 mm blues, I bought off the PP website. They were the very last strand, and I was late to the Vietnamese blue akoya party. I suspect they were the worst of the batch, being the last stand to sell, which is like saying you got a 99 on a test when everyone else got 100. The pearls themselves look gorgeous and have very thick nacre, but the nuclei are horrible, which I wouldn't know except I restrung them to put an orbit clasp on them. The nuclei are broken, or loose, or hollow, which makes finding the hole through the center very challenging. It almost feels like the nuclei are hollow plastic beads that did not survive drilling, although I didn't think pearls would coat a nuclei like that. Or the nuclei were something else completely that just disintegrated when drilled.

I also have a rope of small 6 mm Vietnamese akoyas from PP, which are gorgeous. They are similar to BN's short strand she posted today on the 365 Days thread. Hisano had sent me a photo of a couple of strands, and I asked if I could have both strung together. In the beginning, I could tell which pearls came from which strand, as they are slightly different colors. But my brain no longer remembers, and it all looks like one strand to me now.

BW, that strand is really beautiful (and your top is adorable - gotta love Boden!). Can't wait to ogle some VBAs in person, they're so pretty and unique.

PD, I'm so sorry about the rough night. Glad to hear your husband's company is being very supportive though, that's great. Hang in there, and give him a high-four for me (ba dum tsssss I couldn't resist!)

Cathy, grandparent minions made me giggle. It's a good description of a very sweet relationship <3

BN thank you so much! I do really love the combo of GSSP and akoya keshi, I just want to tweak the layout a little bit. I planned the first layout based on wearing it doubled, but when I wear it long the clusters aren't quite as irregular as I'd like. I'm always fiddling with my necklaces...

amti, I do love the combo of the pearls together! I just need to play with the layout a bit. It really is hard to do irregular spacing, especially with akoya keshi - you can't really lay them out to get a good visual, since they're so small and won't really sit nicely in a bead tray. You really have to string them up (then restring, then restring) to get them the way you want! Right now I have them on softflex wire, not thread, since I knew I'd be redoing them within a few days. I'm trying to decide whether to keep them on softflex (with bumpers cushioning the GSSP) or knot them on something. The akoya keshi have really small holes, and I recall last time I strung them up I had to use a single strand of whatever thread I used instead of doubling it. I think? Wire might be sturdier at that smaller size.

I adore those pearls, but that tee shirt is making me kind of sad...put my oldest on a plane to London this afternoon. She'll be there for a year attending grad school and living in Kensington.

I'm sure she'll love it. I loved my 6 years in England when I was going to school. (Of course it was 50 years ago. Holy crap, how did that happen?)

Mom's mabe' enhancer hanging off Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand, and my yellow gold Miki huggies. I'm not a mabe' fan, but they're growing on me. Sarah's Sea of Cortez mabe' necklace on the Kojima website is converting me.

mabe' enhancer hanging off Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand, and my yellow gold Mikimoto huggies.

OOOO, cool. I'm jealous. I was stuck in Birmingham / Edgbaston for 6 years.

That's gorgeous, Katalin. It just glows.

Asurazzy- no this is a very simple sterling silver bail with cz. But I like it. I assembled it myself! It's not easy to buy high quality gold findings in Europe. If I find something it's really expensive, if I buy something from oversea - even if the price is ok - the 20% VAT makes is expensive. So I opted for a cheap but nice solution!

CathyKeshi - thank you for rotating my picture! I have to learn, how to post correctly from my iPhone.

You're most welcome, anytime, Katalin :) I don't post from my iPhone, so can't help you there ... have no idea how to post from an iPhone or any other phone lol ...

I love it. Nothing wrong with CZs. I find they sparkle better than small diamonds in many settings.

Back