Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

What a difference the proper orientation makes, Cathy!

Beautiful akoya and especially lovely on you, SunSeeker!

Imgarden!!! Lovely seeing your HG Ripples! I LUV LUV LUV your strand and your stylings with the baby blue Vietnamese akoya you had during the ruckus. This new paring is STUNNING as well! Love how the ripples pick up different color with various pairings.

kalmen22 - So glad you got that BSS Pendant! It is HUGE and beautiful - I remember drooling over that in pkinnew's preloved collection!

Aww, thank you, Purranha! Very kind words coming from someone as creative as you! You and Baby Nurse wear your holy grails so well, I just couldn't resist!!

Beautiful Vietnamese akoya rope - I like it doubled! They look larger than most Vietnamese akoyas I've seen...what size are they?

Thank you lmgarden, yes, they are 7.5mm-8.0mm.

CathyKeishi, baby nurse, and Pearly-Whites, -- thank you for the kind words

It was tahitians day with swans

tahitians day with swan

kalmen22, that Tahitian necklace looks great on you! What size are the pearls, please? (about 12mm?)

kalmen22, that Tahitian necklace looks great on you! What size are the pearls, please? (about 12mm?)

Thank you Pearl Dreams.. No much smaller than 12. Its around 8-10mm. I've found this size to be a good weight for my neck.

Bweaves : Blushing at your sweet comment. Thank you

Kalmen, you have the most lovely neck and collarbones! Those Tahitians are great on you. Wonderful color, size, overtones.

Kalmen, I agree with everyone. You were born to wear these pearls and do have a beautiful neck. Call this strand the "swans".

I tend to wear the same pearls over and over again, until I realize that some of my others are not getting the love they should.

My very first blue akoya strand from PP doesn't get much love from me since I have my darker smaller blue akoyas. It's not really fair as this necklace has a soft blue color with a lovely rosy soap bubble surface with a few creamy areas. It actually photographs better than it looks in real life, which is unusual for pearls.

They are 10mm baroques. Last time I restrung them I removed a couple pearls with flaws that bugged me. The necklace is now 17 inches long, which is a length I like much better than the original 18 inches. I never would have thought of 17 inches, until Baby Nurse showed off her 17 inch Edison strand and I fell in love with that length for big pearls. I also replaced the laser ball clasp with a white gold orbit clasp, so I think I'll wear it more often now.

I'm wearing it with my 12 mm metallic drops.

My first blue akoya strand from Pearl Paradise, wearing it with 12 mm metallic drops

I'm falling way behind in this thread!

hanadama - your Tahitian rope looks great! It's going to be lovely when it's completed!
MSC - lovely dancing keshis, I'd love to make a style like that myself!
BW - I'm very sorry for your loss, your pearls are fabulous. Love the blue akoyas too, the 10 mm baroques are a great size on you! My 9.5mm strands are also 17" each and that's my preferred length for pearls this size, and it's amazing what a different a single inch makes!
lmgarden - WOW those are some ripples! That is simply metallic heaven, paired with the metallic FWP
mm - I think the 11mm size looks great on you, and that necklace is lovely.
Sunseeker - lovely blue akoyas!
kalmen - you always have the best pearl and clothing pairings! Love the Tahitians with the yellow and swan top.

I'm wearing my first and only Tahitians. These were a steal (IMO) and I can't figure out why. Are drop Tahitians that much less valuable than rounds? I really can't find any flaws with the naked eye. Maybe a tiny dimple on the bottom of the pearls, but other than that the surface is completely clean.

9.5mm drops set on gold ball dangle. The colours are breathtaking under the right lighting. I always thought Tahitians slightly boring, the colour very deceiving and it's hard to choose the right pearls online when looking at photos. I'm glad I picked up these earrings, the predominantly purple body with green and blue is exactly what I wanted!

my first and only Tahitians. 9.5mm drops set on gold ball dangle. The colours are breathtaking under the right lighting

Back