Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Sea Urchin, now that's the right size tahitian!! Adorable! Please show us the ring when finished))
and I love your edison ring! the colour and it's metallic hues.. I'm waiting for my metallic edisons to arrive - and your lovely photos make my anticipation even stronger))

Thanks, Lugana. The ring wasn't listed as metallic but it sure looks metallic to me. Someone else on here got one and hers looked more peachy-pink, I think, but larger. So if that's the one you ordered, it may be something of a grab bag!

SeaU Your T looks huge and awesome. It's a conversation starter. Looking forward to your ring.

Sea Urchin, this time I've ordered mine from a local vendor, a custom order because I wanted fig/lilac/mauve colour, let's see what arrives))

Thanks, Pareltje!

I had bought some giant Tahitian earrings (16mm, I think) from Kojima Pearl, which I posted earlier around here somewhere but can't find now. I finally decided they were just a little too big for me as earrings and decided to make them into a pendant and ring. I haven't done the ring yet but here's the pendant (setting from PP):

View attachment 46977

And some hair days are so bad you just gotta slice your head off:
View attachment 46978

wow that pearl is huge!

Sea urchin, love your ring stack and the Tahitian pendant is HUGE and gorgeous. You have so many fun pieces!

Oooh, JerseyPearl, I love that tin cup! I don't always go for a tin cup but the size on these is so nice and the proportions change the necklace entirely! hanadama, I really love that pearl/spinel necklace as well...and lugano, I love that anklet! Another tin cup example I like! I love this thread...

Mom's akoya studs.jpg creamy akoya necklace.jpg

I'm heading out to lunch soon with my daughter. I'm wearing my mother's 8mm akoya studs and an old strand of creamy akoyas that I restrung yesterday, which more or less match the color of the studs.

Nice, PD. Can't go wrong with classic style. I hope those overtones don't offend your daughter though haha. :p

Oh fabulous set, PD... the akoyas look so lustrous despite their being old like you said.

PD: I love studs and single strand choker. That was my core look when I first started wearing pearls, and is still one of my favorite looks.

MSC: What interesting earrings. I would have worn them the other way around. I really like them the way you're wearing them. I don't know why that never occurred to me. Question: Do they feel weird going through the hole in your ear?

BWeaves, thanks! They do feel a little weird running the chain through the ear hole, but only because it's not the usual smooth metal feeling. It feels similar to running chain through your fingers, if that makes sense.

IMG_6649.jpg

I wish I had an additional ear piercing or 2... would look so cool snaked up the ear lobe.

Last edited:
Back