Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Sharing a freshwater baroque choker strand I got recently from Japan. I like to bring something pearly with me every time I travel for work as it cheers me up! Taking advantage of the lighting that I wouldn’t be able recreate at home. For once, hotel bathroom lighting is flattering at least for these pearls 😂

Attachments

• IMG_6052.jpeg
    IMG_6052.jpeg
    964.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6055.jpeg
    IMG_6055.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6057.jpeg
    IMG_6057.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Wow CatMom. Those colors!!!!! Gorgeous.

A Breaker: I wear pendants with large bails on my smaller akoya pearl necklaces all the time. I've never had a problem. The bail usually ends up sitting between pearls as opposed to rubbing on them. Also, I'm not digging trenches or doing aerobics every day while wearing the same necklace. I'm wearing different ones every day, and sitting in air conditioning, so any rubbing of the bail on the pearls is very minimal.
Thanks BWeaves! I'm anxious for them to arrive.

Sharing a freshwater baroque choker strand I got recently from Japan. I like to bring something pearly with me every time I travel for work as it cheers me up! Taking advantage of the lighting that I wouldn’t be able recreate at home. For once, hotel bathroom lighting is flattering at least for these pearls 😂
Those are lovely PearlString888.

Thanks so much, 86C, BWeaves, CatMom and 2thdktr! Haha, 2thdktr, always a necessity to do a last minute pit stop before boarding… I was thrilled to find the bracelet.

Pretty in pink, BWeaves! I really love those keshi.

Can’t wait to see what you do with those new Rikita’s CatMom!

PearlString888, the choker looks beautiful on you! I can see why it is a cheery traveling piece!

I haven’t had a chance to get a great pic of my newest pearl from the PP live event with Alex Collins. I purchased a small “purple” Tahitian to go with my little collection of loose T’s from Alex. Not sure how I will set them yet, but I don’t think they will all be used together. It’s the smallest one to the left. They’re all looking much darker in the photo…

IMG_2254.jpeg

Oh @jeg I love that Fiji bracelet story! It was patiently waiting for you at the airport!!! Such a reward that you did not settle for anything else on the way ;-) And that whole JP Hunter display is epic! Loving all your other pearls too as always! And the vintage Biwa!!!! OMG so very special!!!

@CatMom I love those Rikiteas from Druzy! So so colorful and fun shapes to play with!

@lary007 So sorry to hear about Bacon! Beautiful pendant to remember him by! And I LOVE your pendant from the Pearl House too. I hear you that you are missing Jac and his loose pearls lots. I was lucky my pearl obsession started when he was still around and my first purchase were actually two pearls from each of his lots - dark light peacock pastels... to understand better which ones I prefer...only to find out I love them all ;-)))

Wearing my circled Ts from CMW.
68D4C4F2-8DF6-4689-B52A-270F2A91868C.jpeg
B0F25226-1F8A-443C-A615-CD0645C46545.jpeg

So I'm going to dip a toe in. I still haven't mastered selfies after all this time, and I couldn't get the lighting right for separate pictures of the strands, but hey- BABY STEPS. Instead of less is more, I decided that pearls deserve and can handle more is more: Champagne fresh waters with "storm grey" knots via Kojima; "rainbow sherbert" Edisons via PP; pink (and other color) flame balls from Kojima). A lot of people thought it was one necklace. I love when my pearls play nice with each other.
20240222_105400 (1).jpg

Thank you, eolian and pearlgirl12!

Beautiful colors on your bracelet, eolian! There were a lot of beautiful J. Hunter displays, but I was on the hunt for a bracelet. I did get a keshi pendant that I love and have posted many times, too.

Pearlgirl12- more, more, more!!! Love your neck stack!

Pearlgirl12: Love your nested pearls!!! They play well together.

Everyone on Pearl Guide has shown me that pearls don't need to match to look great together. I used to not wear pearls together unless they absolutely matched. Now I layer everything together, and I love the looks.

@jeg how cool to see your bracelet in the ad! That's a wonderful thing to have a picture of - I'm a weirdo and keep things like that in my paperwork. Whoever looks through my safe when I'm gone will have fun chucking it all I'm sure 😆

@eolian pearls Yes I do miss Jac. I got a lot of great loose pearls from him. I am glad I got the ones I did from him while I could!

@MSC I'm sorry you missed out on those earrings. They are really pretty. I didn't mention before though, but your scallop pearl ring you posted a few days ago is beautiful!

@pearlgirl12 more is almost always more in the case of pearls! Yours are lovely!

@PearlString888 I have found on more than one occasion that hotel lighting is great to show the colors and luster on pearls! There is one particular hotel in Baton Rouge that I went to several times for work and after that first time I started taking a selection of pearls each time to take pictures of for insurance purposes since the lighting was so good 😆

So I'm going to dip a toe in. I still haven't mastered selfies after all this time, and I couldn't get the lighting right for separate pictures of the strands, but hey- BABY STEPS. Instead of less is more, I decided that pearls deserve and can handle more is more: Champagne fresh waters with "storm grey" knots via Kojima; "rainbow sherbert" Edisons via PP; pink (and other color) flame balls from Kojima). A lot of people thought it was one necklace. I love when my pearls play nice with each other.View attachment 468388
Gorgeous pearls and they fit together so well!

Back