Show us your pearl jewellery boxes

moonpie

Please! I'm contemplating a new jewellery box for my stuff that doesn't live in a safe (and I won't be leaving the box on the dresser top haha) so wanted some inspiration.

What gorgeous (and hopefully sparkly?) homes do you have for your goodies? Need pics!!!

Can be any type of jewellery home...not just limited to traditional jewellry boxes. Thanks

Mine is rather boring. I wanted something simple that could go anywhere with me and not attract attention. It's a black leather box, 8x5x3, and has a pull out compartment for room underneath. It has a magnetic closure on the flap and lined with fabric so the pearls won't rub. Small enough to pack away in suitcases and drawers and keep things organized.

Attachments

89 KB · Views: 34
    93.4 KB · Views: 30
Cute box amti. And I hear you on the mirrored ones Kat...I always admire them but I don't think id actually go for one.

I'd love a secret drawer...or cupboard.... or room haha
..I can dream.

I recently dug out (I just have waaaay too much "stuff") 2 wooden jewellry boxes I picked up from a holiday in Morocco years ago, I'll dust them off and take a few pics to post. One is a tiny treasure chest style :) love it!

Speaking of mirrors- My sister in law has this full length mirror that opens up to reveal a secret jewelry hanging space! You can cut out the sheetrock and embed it into the wall so it looks flush too, so it is really neat. I'm just leary of putting all my jewelry in one place so I could never do that.

That sounds like a good idea especially since the mirror can be flush against the wall. I've seen the hanging mirrors which open up to reveal a massive jewellery space inside but they always look so obvious due to being so bulky.

When I first started buying fine jewellery I was so paranoid about burglaries and it seemed every week I heard of someone's house that had been burgled which furthur fueled my paranoia... I used to leave my items (in their boxes) hidden all over the house. I had to promptly stop that once I realised months later I hadn't seen a pair of earrings in a while and had to frantically search the house, and still didn't find it! I only found it months later when I wasn't looking for it. The funny thing is compared to jewellry forums I visit and see other people's stuff.... mine is to be laughed at! I don't know if others would call it 'fine jewellery' but.. I do and my jewellry is precious to me even the very cheap stuff.

I keep my jewelry in the original boxes in which they came in. All of them are in a locked drawer.

I make sure my cheap jewelry is easily accessible, so if someone is looking for stuff, they think they've found it all.
There's just enough real gold in the cheap jewelry that it's not obvious that it's just cheap stuff.

But I keep the good stuff in the secret drawer.

Back