Show us your bracelets collection.

My keshi SoC pearl bracelet.
_20180224_214226.jpg

I have several and have posted a lot of them already. Here are some of them-

Tahitian charm bracelet from PP
Click image for larger version  Name:	23DB94DF-A48F-4F24-9B93-F51C1B04A36D.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	380694

Circle T’s from PP (I knotted the smaller two from a PP strand)
Click image for larger version  Name:	FF04DBDC-D481-4EB4-B650-152F9202D6A8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.1 KB ID:	380695

Fancy T’s from Kojima
Click image for larger version  Name:	7452F00B-F782-4059-9E30-99B91C4D4B6F.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.5 KB ID:	380696

Kamoka T’s
Click image for larger version  Name:	D91ACA0B-149A-4014-95C1-EDE3105065FD.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	380697

Jewelmer Golden SS. Two braided T’s from France
Click image for larger version  Name:	B01E2EA9-953B-447D-9AD2-0D2797C7ABED.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	380699

Fiji’s
Click image for larger version  Name:	23DB94DF-A48F-4F24-9B93-F51C1B04A36D.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	380694

Tin cup from Hawaii
Click image for larger version  Name:	95DD1054-F91A-440D-B5A8-6D0E139C1426.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	380701

Charm bracelet made with pearls from the Tahiti Pearl Market
Click image for larger version  Name:	2EADB5E7-B5F6-4A7C-BC70-5555BA2EA914.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	380702

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Marianne- I do love bracelets of all kinds- pearl and non pearl.

OMG, Those Sea of Cortez are stunning. And all those T's and Fiji's. Wow.

I still haven't figured out what type of clasp works best for me on a pearl bracelet. I thought the orbit clasp would be great, but I find I cannot work it left handed. I suspect I would need a toggle clasp. Hooks tend to come undone on me. I'm not sure I could work a fishhook safety clasp left handed, either. The elastic strung bracelets would probably work great, but I just can't shake the memory of those elastic necklaces with candy beads strung on them, and you ate the necklace while it was around your neck.

Last edited:
BWeaves, I remember those candy elastic necklaces! ;) I can't wear elastic bracelets either-- I worry that the elastic will break.

I can manage toggle and box clasps with one hand. Haven't tried the orbit clasps but I struggle with lobster claws one-handed. I think it would have to be one of the little ones, which have less tension; the large ones are stiff.

My only Tahitian pearl bracelet is one of the leather ones from Kamoka. Seen here in indirect light indoors, and then direct light outdoors. It's a bit tricky tightening this with one hand after getting it on my wrist, though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

A fun topic! Taking pics already, so easy to slip the "worn daily" Tahitians off my wrist. They are the 2 bracelets on the right, worn aside a sterling watch and 2 silver bracelets. The large keshi bracelet is from Ben Bergman of Cook Islands, and the smaller are Kamoka Keshi, probably purchased from Sarah at Kojima and strung my me.

P1020759.jpg

Thanks, BWeaves, MSC and Lady_Disdain! BWeaves, I hope you find something that works for a clasp.

Pattye, I really need a belly drilled keshi bracelet. I like having the dangles hanging off my bracelets, too. Pendant/charms work well with the orbit clasps. Here is a Kamoka keshi pendant, and sitting to the side is a Kojima charm.

D1DB1FCF-07D8-4071-8E2A-352F25A27C2B.jpg

Elastic can be knotted just like silk (ok, it is actually fiddly to get a nice tight knot without over stretching it). I usually string pearls on doubled elastic and knot between pearls.Even if one strand breaks, everything is still secure.

There are locking toggle clasps, for that extra protection. This is one I made. The stem of the toggle fits in the little loop but only slips in or out if it is twisted 90 degree. Easy to operate and hard to fail.

Bracelet - Tahitians (5).jpg

Looking forward to bracelet season again. I give them up for winter, but we are in the 40s this week, so spring is around the corner. I have tried bracelets in the winter, but have lost pearls that got caught in coat sleeves. I'm not giving up my winter coats, so the pearl bracelets need to wait.

These bracelets are so very pretty.

Lovely bracelets jeg !

Pareltje - Oh my ! the SoC ! they are glorious !!

I loved those candy necklaces !! BWeaves ! Regarding the bracelet clasps ... I quite like toggles.. not sure how they would go on a lightweight bracelet but they seem fine on the larger pearls. I love the look of the orbit but for the life of me I can't use them on bracelets...and I have a problem with them on a necklace as well. I remember being warned that they were quite difficult as they are slippery. Maybe the largest size would be better. I hate fishhooks and ball clasps. The pinch clasp might be good on a bracelet... ?

I love elastic bracelets...I've got large White Freshwaters that I have been trialing for a year now without breakage... but I ran the strand through 4 times and it's a wrapped elastic thread so less chance of things cutting through.

Elastic can be knotted just like silk (ok, it is actually fiddly to get a nice tight knot without over stretching it). I usually string pearls on doubled elastic and knot between pearls.Even if one strand breaks, everything is still secure.

There are locking toggle clasps, for that extra protection. This is one I made. The stem of the toggle fits in the little loop but only slips in or out if it is twisted 90 degree. Easy to operate and hard to fail.

View attachment 58847

This is brilliant. I'm able to do fishhooks and lobster/spring rings one handed now, but I can tell that it's going to be an issue in the nearish future. Never heard of locking toggles before, but I may need to change out all my bracelet clasps ;)

I've never heard of locking toggle clasps before. Brilliant!!! Thank you!

I like my clasps to be a bit fancy, since they always end up on top. Now I'll search them out.

It is very clever... but I have to ask, has anyone ever had a toggle clasp on a bracelet come loose on its own? I haven't.

I seem to recall that when toggles were first introduced, I had a few come loose. The problem was the proportion between the loop and bar wasn't correct. No problems for years. I especially like the bow (as in bow & arrow) shape toggles for security or ones that have knobs on the end of the bars.

Back