Shipping pearls from China to Europe

S

Sheila

I live in Beijing at the moment. A retailer in europe contacted me recently and asked me if I was interested to buy pearl necklaces for her in Zhuji. Well, I am!

The only thing that keeps me from starting is a transportation problem. How do I safely get 50-100 kilograms of necklaces from Zhuji to Europe? The necklaces are the cheaper ones ($1 to $10), so DHL would be too expensive.
Can anybody help me with this?

Sheila

Use the slow boat service. I travelled to Zhuji a few months ago with a friend of mine who buys beading quality. Of course the value/weight ratio makes FedEx or DHL too expensive. But there is a common method that everyone knows in Zhuji that is only a couple of dollars per kilo. It takes 2-3 weeks to make it, but it is definitely worthwhile. I have used this method to ship vibration polishers and Chinese pearl drills to the US.

:) My contact in europe is still interested, so I'm prepairing my trip. :)
Can somebody give me a hint about where to find a reliable company to ship the necklaces?
I'm planning to buy the necklaces at different stores and collect them in my hotelroom. Then I need them to be packed in boxes, and put on a boat to europe.

Thanks, Sheila

I'm affraid I posted this question in the wrong forum.
How can I move it to the freshwater pearl forum?

Back