Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

I love the color saturation of the Pacific strand. It's a shame that you have to restring a brand new strand because it was poorly done. I really do like the colors & size of it, though.

BWeaves -

After you sleep on it and if you still feel the same way, couldn't you call Sarah and discuss your misgivings? After all, you are dealing with very reputable people, not faceless people over the Internet. They shouldn't charge you for restringing the necklace to your liking. They might want to charge you a nominal sum for a larger gold orbit clasp to enable you to connect with your other necklace. I think that would be worth it. The necklace is simply gorgeous and IMHO it would be a shame to let it go.

I've been playing with the ripples all night, and looking at them under magnification, and the pearls are gorgeous. Even in bad lighting, they are gorgeous. They have rippled surfaces but no flaws. My photos do NOT do them justice. The pearls are keepers. In real life they look like the glamour shots.

I'm a good pearl stringer, so it's going to be easier for me to restring them myself then to send them back for reworking. I've only ever bought unset / unstrung pearls from Pacific Pearl before, and I was very, very happy with my purchases, so this was my first experience buying a strung necklace from them.

I just ordered some Beaders Secret from Pattye in Rose and in Taupe. I'm not sure how much color I want in the knots, so these will give me a couple of options.

I've decided to swap the small orbit clasp on the ripple necklace with the large orbit clasp I put on my coin pearls. Then I'll either use this small orbit clasp on the coin pearls, or I have a large flower clasp set with an akoya pearl from my Mom that I might use on the coin pearls since it's round and flat like the coins. That way I don't have to buy a new clasp.

BWeaves -

After you sleep on it and if you still feel the same way, couldn't you call Sarah and discuss your misgivings? After all, you are dealing with very reputable people, not faceless people over the Internet. They shouldn't charge you for restringing the necklace to your liking. They might want to charge you a nominal sum for a larger gold orbit clasp to enable you to connect with your other necklace. I think that would be worth it. The necklace is simply gorgeous and IMHO it would be a shame to let it go.

Yes, my exact sentiments on the issue! I'm sure they would gladly restring and switch up the clasp. With colorful pearls like that, pretty much any color but white would have looked good :confused: Are you sure it's just the thread and clasp that bothers you, or are you underwhelmed by what you got? I think they're so saturated and amazing! Sleep on it, then flip a coin right?

Just saw your new post, glad you decided to keep them! I'm sure you'll love them once you string them yourself, that's great you had some clasps you could shuffle around too.

BWeaves-

So happy you are keeping them. You will not regret it. They are exquisite and I look forward to your new neck shots when all is said and done!!

Seriously, talk to Sarah about this. She may be using a different stringer and should be noted. Sarah is so incredibly thoughtful and attention to detail that I think she would like to hear what you have to say.

I’m so glad you decided to keep those ripples, BWeaves; they are gorgeous. I think stringing to suit your tastes is a goid solution, however I do agree with Judi that Sarah would want to know that the stringing on this one was not up to her standards. Enjoy your beautiful pearls.

BAS, so delighted for you, to get such stunning lavender/burgundy pearl ... wonderful colors on you!

Purranha .. I THINK I heard your shrieks of joy down here in PA over those Edison strands ... just incredible ... were they considered the “bronze” shade? Exactly what I’d have chosen if I could have :) ... congratulations!!! Might you consider a NYC lunch date to show them off ?

Lol Cathy, my now famous shriek, and yes so sorry to have hurt so many of your ear drums at Ruckus this past year lolol! And yes there were a lot of shrieking involved with my new edisons.

Pairing the edison rope with my PP Monster Ripple edisons from 2016 and really liking the pairing!
Pearl Paradise monster ripple edisons

Aw Purranha you know we love pearl shrieks :)!!! LOVE the new Edisons. I keep wondering how those bronze tones would look with GSS ...

Anyone pick up the newest batch of metallic Edisons released this morning? I snagged two burgandy strands, fxbh-05 and 10, largely due to the beautiful photos posted here, and am impatiently excited to see them!

I don't think Sarah was involved with whoever strung the Pacific Pearls necklace. It doesn't look like her style.

Anyone pick up the newest batch of metallic Edisons released this morning? I snagged two burgandy strands, fxbh-05 and 10, largely due to the beautiful photos posted here, and am impatiently excited to see them!

I picked up fxbh-11, a burgundy strand to go along with vip-55, another burgundy strand. I kept telling myself that I have never regretted getting two strands instead of only one. Looking forward to seeing them.

With two strands you can wear either one singly, wear as a double strand like BAS, or link the clasps into a long 36" the way Purranha did. That all looked awesome.

I picked up fxbh-11, a burgundy strand to go along with vip-55, another burgundy strand. I kept telling myself that I have never regretted getting two strands instead of only one. Looking forward to seeing them.

Red! This is very dangerous logic, with evidence provided by your ongoing non-regret, for me to read!!!

For those who might be interested in the deep lavender strand and lovely fireball I bought (I thought they went great together), I returned them because I liked the Edison strand more. Now I'm fighting Red's perfect logic above.

I did, however, buy the darling #4 GSS Lantern. I can hardly wait to meet it!

Red's logic makes sense to me! Those GSS Lanterns were gorgegous, too.

Here's the Pacific Pearls ripples in the morning light. My phone still can't capture all the colors. The colors look great on my photo app, but then when I post the photos, the color disappears.

fullsizeoutput_9dc.jpg

Red! This is very dangerous logic, with evidence provided by your ongoing non-regret, for me to read!!!

My apologies to you, BAS. VIP-055 arrived this afternoon, I took one look, and decided that between two strands or none, it would have to be none. I should learn that most Edisons do not work for me. I already spoke to Erin, and VIP-055 is wrapped up for return, and fxbh-11 is cancelled.

Don't get me wrong, the strand is absolutely stunning. I just know there is no point in keeping something that I would not wear.

Two more gorgeous Edison strands for the rest of you.

A quick shot in my hand. Yes, the photo is gorgeous, but I think part of the reason here is that I am into bigger pearls right now. And, if I did keep them, I definitely would want the second strand. My logic there remains sound.

Dark lavender strand Pearl Paradise

Back