Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

The new PP specials section has strands of Tahitian Keshi...and I'm having a keshi habit moment that seems to be forming at an alarming rate. However I am resisting because....some pearl restraint in 2019 must be exercised (well the early part of 2019 anyway...otherwise total restraint would be weird)

BWeaves - A new car ! How exciting ! Lets see a photo... I was hoping you bought the earrings to match your car !

No money for pearls after paying for the car. I'll try to get photos today, but it's supposed to rain.

Well, I did buy a little something from Kojima before I knew I was buying a car, but those pearls haven't arrived yet.

It's a bit weird. The inside of the car does not have new car smell. But my garage reeks of new car smell. The dealership washed it before handing it over to me, and I wonder if they have some sort of Axe New Car Smell Cologne that they doused the car with.

Off-topic, arcane information here!

Bweaves,

There actually is a "new car smell" spray one can buy. Word has it that some dealers spray it in used cars. Kind of like baking cookies before holding an open house. It appeals to buyers on an unconscious level.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/New_Car_Smell_Premium_Air_Freshener_16_oz_p/air_101_16.htm

However according to this article "new car smell" is caused by off-gassing of:

a "mix of 50 to 60 volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, off-gassing in your car. (These are the same compounds that cause a greasy film to form on your car's windshield.) At new-car concentrations, these chemicals are not terribly dangerous, but they're not exactly aromatherapy, either. They do break down quickly, to the tune of about 20 percent decay every week, so the smell doesn't linger all that long. That's why we call it new-car smell, not car-I've-had-for-five-years smell.

"As much as we love new-car smell, auto manufacturers are working to eliminate it. Not that they don't like the smell, but they'd rather not use the chemicals involved in the smell if they can help it. Automotive materials that include fewer VOCs, like soy-based foam seats cushions, don't off-gas quite so much, and they don't really have a smell."

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/auto-manufacturing/what-causes-new-car-smell.htm

Last edited:
Really of topic but I am accually allergic to new cars, the smell or cemicals. I avoid new cars a lot. But then I am allergic to lots of stuff. I really want to see what Ruby Pearl looks like Bweaves.

Well, I didn't buy THE earrings either, though it was SO tempting. If they'd been in yellow or ROSE! gold ... mmmm :) So maybe someone who reads here but doesn't post ... if so, Congratulations ... those earrings are incredible.

BlackPearlDudeDC, I spotted the new Tahitian keshi strands too lol ... one's labeled "silver-blue" ... yikes! But I got 2 strands back in September, so I'm leaving those for others. SIGH.

Stray off topic anytime you want, Ms. Encyclopedia ... always fascinating!

Automotive materials that include fewer VOCs, like soy-based foam seats cushions, don't off-gas quite so much, and they don't really have a smell.

Unfortunately, those soy based products appeal to rodents, who like to chew on your car's wiring. Manufacturers have been using soy-based coatings under the hood for quite some time, but I didn't know about the interior, as well.

Topic -- nothing for me from the PP event, so far.

Without further ado, may I present Ruby Pearl!

fullsizeoutput_aff.jpg

She's much more sparkly in person. The ruby red with the pearlized shine is very difficult to photograph. Where's Andrew when I need him? The photo is not a good representation of the actual color. It's a very blue red, but the photo makes it looks a bit rusty to me.

But the inside is definitely pearl colored. Black interiors don't work well in Florida.

Also, welcome to February in Florida. I was sweating and had to take my sweater off.

Last edited:
Aww -- welcome to the Pearl Family, Ms. Ruby Pearl. Drive Pearlie Mama around with grace and safety.

Gorgeous car color, BWeaves ... congratulations on Ms. Ruby Pearl :)

Aww -- welcome to the Pearl Family, Ms. Ruby Pearl. Drive Pearlie Mama around with grace and safety.

BAS, that's so cute!

Nice car, BW! And I bet the color is gorgeous in person... anything glittery is usually a thumbs up from me!

Back