September Pearl Paradise Tahitians

A fun strand CMD I bet you will reach for this one often. I love the size of the pearls mixed up it makes it easier to wear because there is no front and back. Enjoy!

Newberry, that was my thought when I was debating how best to have them strung. Through the influence of the boards I've come to realize the importance of flexibility, and this way I realized I could wear it long, short, nested, or staggered any which way I wanted, and I wouldn't have to worry about it looking weird. The traditional graduated ropes are hard to wrap and still look right. I wouldn't have thought to do anything different, though, if it weren't for you all. At first we tried it in a wave pattern, but in the end it just looked better in a harvest style. I think this will be worn a lot. And I lucked out with the colors. They are a beautiful range of true silvers, almost whites, and silvery blue-greens.

Katbran, in post 233, that's CMD2014 looking so lovely ... I just rotated the photo :) And she does ... look lovely ... isn't that a gorgeous color top?

Yup, that's it! CMD, I hope I didn't come across like I thought the snark was funny. I was laughing at how damn ignorant they were, not at you dear!

Oh, no worries! I knew that's what you meant! That was a bizarre experience! I'm actually due to go to another of DH'S work events in a couple of weeks...and guess what I'm going to wear? :p. Only maybe with my WSS strand this time as it's a slightly fancier party. Let's hope I'm 'ironic' this time too!

Katbran, in post 233, that's CMD2014 looking so lovely ... I just rotated the photo :) And she does ... look lovely ... isn't that a gorgeous color top?

Thank you! I love that color of teal! I matched the outfit to the pearls of course!

JP, yes, this was 3 18-inch graduated strands that were all listed under the same item number. When I picked it I thought there was just one, so I had picked out two multicolor strands along with it to put together like Purhanna's Victoria Grayson rope. Then there were 3 matching strands, but all strung as traditional graduated short strands. So Erin and her stringer cut them up for me and played with placement. At first I thought a wave pattern like the Kamoka 99 rope or the Golay strands would look nice as I wanted flexibility in how I wore it, but we decided a more random big-little 'harvest style' pattern looked better. So I can take no credit. This was all Erin and her stringer (whose name I'm afraid I don't know) at PP. But I think it turned out better than I could have hoped!

Adding some neck and wrist shots of my white Tahitians at newberry's request. I did two photo shoots, and my pictures don't show the beauty of these pearls, but here is what I have. These really are lovely and I enjoy them a lot. (The glamour photos of these beauties are on page 10 of this thread, #149.)

wrist shot of my white Tahitiansneck shot of my white Tahitian double strandneck shot of my white Tahitian single strand

Oh Red those are just lovely and turned out WOW :) Thank you for posting pictures. I think you chose great strands. The bracelet with the Fiji two toned pearl just yummy. Don't wear it when you drive because you won't be able to keep your eyes off of it to see the road. Are the other redo pieces ready?

Oh, no worries! I knew that's what you meant! That was a bizarre experience! I'm actually due to go to another of DH'S work events in a couple of weeks...and guess what I'm going to wear? :p. Only maybe with my WSS strand this time as it's a slightly fancier party. Let's hope I'm 'ironic' this time too!

Sadly, despite wearing my WSS strand loud and proud (and compared to my other strands, it is HUGE and has presence), not one person noticed my pearls. Hmmm. At least 'ironic' got me attention. I feel a bit deflated I have to admit.

Red, your white T's look great on you.

hanadama, you and your DH are correct, as I can harldy tell the difference between what you already have and what you recently bought. However, I also understand the idea that each pearl (especially those of different types!) have their own unique appearance. I have no doubt that YOU could tell the difference between your silver akoyas and your white Tahitians.

That said, I was afraid when I ordered my white Tahitians that they would be too similar to my silver-blue akoyas, but they are not. My silver-blue akoyas look almost round, while the white Tahitians look very different. Some of my white Tahitians are half and half, and some of them have all sorts of free form madness going on around them! And the Tahitians have a much more sharp silver luster than the akoyas (which surprised me). I adored my akoyas before receiving the white Tahitians, but I am very much enamoured with the Tahitians right now.

Very freeform baroque Tahitian pearls sharp silver luster

Last edited:
I've purchased a strand of whiteTahitians, and the only problem I have right now is NOT ordering a strand of silver blue Tahitian.! But unfortunately I cannot afford everything all at once, so I must decide between them! I have chosen the white Tahitians, as they are not truly white to me. I realize others may have ordered Tahitians that were more truly white or more truly round, but my preference is never for the most traditional pearls. The white Tahitians I ordered are more half-and-half and almost flameball in shape (though smaller). They are quite different from my silver-blue akoyas (the luster is much better) I already own. Plus, I ordered them for my birthday, and I am loathe to give them up because of that as well.

EveTolstaia, welcome to the forum! Love the wild shapes on your new white Tahitians ... and Happy Birthday :)

Red, WOW, that bracelet is so stunning; the Fiji pearl in the center is a brilliant idea ... and it all looks wonderful together :)

hanadama, you and your DH are correct, as I can harldy tell the difference between what you already have and what you recently bought. However, I also understand the idea that each pearl (especially those of different types!) have their own unique appearance. I have no doubt that YOU could tell the difference between your silver akoyas and your white Tahitians.

That said, I was afraid when I ordered my white Tahitians that they would be too similar to my silver-blue akoyas, but they are not. My silver-blue akoyas look almost round, while the white Tahitians look very different. Some of my white Tahitians are half and half, and some of them have all sorts of free form madness going on around them! And the Tahitians have a much more sharp silver luster than the akoyas (which surprised me). I adored my akoyas before receiving the white Tahitians, but I am very much enamoured with the Tahitians right now.

View attachment 47072

Last edited:
Adding some neck and wrist shots of my white Tahitians at newberry's request. I did two photo shoots, and my pictures don't show the beauty of these pearls, but here is what I have. These really are lovely and I enjoy them a lot. (The glamour photos of these beauties are on page 10 of this thread, #149.)

View attachment 47070View attachment 47069View attachment 47071
Red, I love those pearls! Can we get a tighter shot of them? I'd love to get a closer look at those unique shapes!!! You look fabulous.

Ok, JerseyPearl, but understand this is a cloudy, drizzly December day in the Northland, where at high noon the sun is only 21 degrees above the horizon.

some shots of my white Tahitians

The bracelet has the two-tone Fiji pearl

I stepped outside for a few minutes to get a wrist and neck shot. The bracelet has the two-tone Fiji pearl, while the neck shot includes my Sea of Cortez pearl and diamond pendant.

neck shot light tahitians

neck shot includes my Sea of Cortez pearl and diamond pendant

Back