Seller from "The Pearl Collector" disappeared...

It really is vital that you organise for your own death (goodness how this thread has swerved) - not just passwords but paperwork all tidy and in order and in one place with no jumble or mess. Having dealt with various estates of family (and studied wills as part of my Masters in law) I have had experience of the most chaotic and you are really leaving a legacy of pain and chaos to whoever has to sort out the mess.
Make a will, make it clear and tell everyone what is in it before you go. Keep your papers and stuff simple. make sure someone knows your passwords.
(and yes, I have taken my own advice)

((Whicker)), so sorry!!

Many websites have a clickable link for people who forgot their password-- the website would then send him an email. If you can get into his email you would have the password and could reset it.

Pearl Dreams - that's for people who are shopping or logging in to the front of the shop.
If the back of the shop were as vulnerable as that it would be a hacker's dream
The backshop does not work like that. There will, rightly, be layers of security to protect the backshop and writing etc access

I am so sorry to hear that whicker...I hope you have many kind souls around you to help you deal with the loss. I also hope you will be able to sort out the website problem...

Whicker, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray you are able to get it all sorted. It has got to be stressful, so I hope you have plenty of support at this time. There are definitively some great suggestions here that I never thought about. I write mine down because my memory is awful but it's all coded. I will have to get it all in order for the family just incase. There are so many things you just don't think about until something like this happens. Many prayers for you and your family whicker.

whicker -- I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Virtual hugs from a fellow P-Ger. You are in my thoughts.

Contact Information

If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, please e-mail us at info@thepearlcollector.com or send a letter to: THE PEARL COLLECTOR, LLC, 1187 Coast Village Road, Suite 1-454, Montecito, CA 93108

Honest as the day is long!

Whicker, I have contacted you off forum about your sad news. I am here to help you any way I can.

Passwords are such a huge source of stress. I have LastPass and also keep a record in a notebook, but they are still hard to get right especially my wordpress accounts.....

I have a webhost for my domain; Buehost. When I get into trouble with passwords etc. I call the hosting company and they help me out. They also provide several other kinds of technical support and can help you legally change the site into your name or designated webdesigner's, etc.

Thank you for being friends. Please p.m. me, as I do want to hear from you. I guess I have hijacked the thread, and I apologize for that. Perhaps my part should be moved to the other stuff forum.

I have been on Pearl guide for almost a year now. It is my favorite place to come, because of your integrity, caring and generosity. I would read the threads to my husband, and it was important part of our romance. Through you, I became friends with Jeremy, and he and Hisano have become close to us. Because of you, I've grown in my education and love of pearl. I've finished the first part of the G.I.A. pearl diploma, and will take the pearl grading part after the first of the year. (That way, I can get that lower cost student pass to Tucson.)

My husband and I planned to visit Jeremy and Hisano in January. Jeremy talked to us while Carl was dying, and promised him that I could still come and learn. I'd like to meet those of you that are in that part of the world.

One of the things that my husband suggested was traveling around the world to meet you. Most of the out of country traveling I've done has been years ago, with a horse. I can tell you lots about the yards in Great Britain, France, as well as stables in North America. I've enjoyed knowing the team riders from many countries. I think the pearl guide mentors have much in common with them. It takes courage for both.

Wicker I am so sorry to hear of your loss, you have my deepest sympathy. When you are in LA I could meet you for lunch. I am only a couple of hours away.

Wicker, sending you ((((hugs)))) from the west coast.
Would be happy to meet you in Bellevue / Seattle if you come to visit the pacific northwest.
Toutes mes condoleances.

Sophie

Whicker, do not worry about "hijacking" the thread, what you are going through is much more important than the original issue of this thread. I just wanted to let everyone know that the issue with the seller has been resolved, they came back last night and contacted me, they apologized and sent me a refund of $85 to show that they regret taking so long. So, to anyone who wants to buy from them, you can be confident that they are people with integrity and trustworthy.

bluelotus, so glad you got this resolved. We would love to see your new treasures!

Wicker, you have been and will continue in my thoughts and prayers!

whicker, i am so sorry! there really are no words for your loss, but please accept loving vibes and hugs from texas, and do please stop in if you're ever in austin!

Wicker I am so sorry for your loss! Bigs hugs to you!!!

Back