??Sea of Cortez Pearls??

86CG, so sorry, I've been hanging around here so long I do forget! Yes, Sarah of Kojima Pearls. She is a delight, wonderfully creative and knowledgeable!

LFS, thank you so much for the photo!

Yes, thank you both!! I'll have to contact her.

I have fallen in love with Sea of Cortez pearls!!! God help me....I am in love with Kojima's mabe necklace!! I would like to get a pair of SOC mabe pearl earring but haven't had much luck. My eyes are crossed from searching the web. Any advice??? I am aware SOC's are rare & the harvest is small so I'm wondering if jewelry is in the making & has just not been posted yet. I always seem to be too early or too late to the party.

Come to the ruckus and I bet Sarah would bring it for you to try on :)

You can also contact Douglas of Sea of Cortez dirrctly, I believe. He is here on the forum (look for the thread with all the SoC pearls)

Oh, might be this thread... Still sleepy...

105.jpg

104.jpg

Sarah may still have this Sea of Cortez piece too. The bottom portion detaches.

View attachment 60477

View attachment 60478

Sarah may still have this Sea of Cortez piece too. The bottom portion detaches.

You ladies are tempting me too much. I won't be able to attend the Ruckus this year as we have a family wedding to attend during that time frame. I have really been eyeing that necklace. I love that the pendant can be removed & the necklace can be worn without it or the pendant worn seperately! I just have to justify the expense but it's a breathtaking necklace. You ladies are enablers, I swear!!! Enablers!!!

Sarah/Kojima's mabe SOC necklace is divine; even prettier in person. One little note, IF I remember correctly: The longer pendant is removable so the necklace can be work separately, but because of the way the pendant attaches on the back, it isn't able to be worn on its' own. If Sarah or anyone else wants to correct that, please do :) The necklace is one of the most beautiful necklaces I've ever seen ... a one of a kind, runway look.

I agree: even at Ruckus, Douglas' pearls can be a hard catch. I missed the impromptu pre-sale on the hood of the Tessla in 2014. That was also the year he showed an amazing strand under perfect lighting that I wanted with all my heart, but my budget just would not budge at that moment - I still have never forgiven it. I consoled myself (a little) with a pair for earrings, but I have never yet completed them, having committed to loop findings that haven't fir over any hoops I have.

But Douglas found and sent me (post-Ruckus) this most wonderful pendant pearl, which I have only just this spring finally had the nerve to finish with one of PP's findings they generously allowed for sale at my last Ruckus in 2016. Yes, I am perhaps the world's slowest to commit and finish pieces.
Sea of Cortez w PP littleh diamond gold  pendant Dec2017.jpg

Elizabeth

Drooooool! That's gorgeous. How were able to not wear that immediately?

Drooooool! That's gorgeous. How were able to not wear that immediately?

Ha Ha, Bweaves! Because it took me 2 years to decide on the finding and another 2 to get around to assembling it. World's slowest! Also now I have a very beautiful 22k & tourmaline finding I bought for this but didn't use. Maybe something will pop up for it at Ruckus this year, and in another couple years you will get to see that too, lol.
Elizabeth

Lovely pendant Narcissa! You're not the only one ... I think I have unfinished pieces from 2014 ... 2015 ... 2016 ... 2017 .... Findings are difficult, and I'm picky and the budget isn't what I would choose if I had a choice LOL.

Narcissa - don't worry you are not alone in the long search for appropriate findings for special pearls. I've got a large Blue South Sea that I'm still trying to sort out what to use and thats been two years. I've got things going back 6 years that I've not yet decided on a setting. I understand .... believe me :) That's a beautiful pendant and I love the round bail. ( is that an enhancer or a bail ?)

"Drop Dead Gorgeous"is missing here..... harvest 2008

Drop Dead Gorgeous Pearls (7) - Version 2.jpg

DSC_5663.jpg

DSC_5658_2.jpg

Narcissa, your pendant is stunning!! And Nora, your ring is gorgeous! I'd do nothing else but stare at that ring all day! And yes, that "drop dead" SoC shows all the rainbow colors and is probbaly the prettiest SoC pearl I've ever seen!

Back