??Sea of Cortez Pearls??

There is no doubt but that these are my mostest favouritest :rolleyes: SoC Mabe pearls ever!! EVER!! So stunning and those settings are spot on perfection!

Some of my most prized Sea of Cortez mabe pieces. All mabe purchased directly from Douglas at a Pearl Guide ruckus, and designed and set by Soren at T Lee in Minneapolis.

My pendant with tiny sapphires.

View attachment 59076

Earrings with an African spinel.

View attachment 59077

A group shot.

View attachment 59079

Close-up of my latest prize, an erotochromic mabe set with tiny tsavorites into a ring.

View attachment 59078

Linda ... I have some teeny weeny Vietnamese blue Akoya that are sitting, and have been sitting, in a bag staring at me. Daring me to try!

Finished a re-do of some earrings I've had for almost 2 decades - originally had pink tourmaline briolettes, now replaced with SoC keshi :)
My mexican-inspired SoC keshi earrings.jpg

OMG, I love these, MSC! Those headpins! Did you make them? Perfect earrings on you and a great way to show off the Cortez Pearl keshis!!

Thank you, Pattye! I did make the headpins; I used 22k for those and planished the ball ends for a little flash, but kept them a bit on the thick side so they'd be more substantial in appearance (plus I think if I had planished them all the way flat, they would have competed with the pearls too much).

Lilliefuzzysocks - that set Sarah made you is just so special, I especially love the earrings, would love to see ear shots of those!

OMG theres too many gorgeous items !! Jeg - beautiful !! Love the setting!!
MSC - wow you have quite a collection of SoC going !! Love your remake of the earrings !! Another thing about the headpins..slightly different shape.. I take the wire and flatten and spread the end a bit for a longer flat end. Not something for tiny I suppose but a good way to deal with pearls that are drilled through for a point of different in the design.
LFS - marvellous colour on that little Keshi !! And those MABE!!! Love what Sarah did with them !!
And Pareltje- That bracelet is stunning !!! Sorry I missed it before..the posts have come so quickly on this thread lol

I love every single one of these posts and SOC pieces ... MSC, those earrings! The headpin ends are so charming :) Lillefuzzysocks, what a delight to see your stunning SOC again; and that new Sheri Jernecka pendant is beyond belief ... the detail on the back of the shell is astonishing! Thanks for sharing, everyone :)

Back