rice krispie pearls - local thrift store price

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
I'm glad I bought a few strands of the rice krispie pearls when they weren't in fashion. I popped into one local thrift store Saturday and the price for a single strand w a 14K fish clasp marked IWI was $45USD.:eek: Whew and wow.

When I bought them in the 90s at thrift stores I got them for $1.95 (single) to $15.95 (triple strand) and some had 14K clasps. I'll have to watch for yard sales now that the weather is good.

I wonder what I should do with what I have...a rope, I guess.

What are you guys finding the prices are around your blocks?

Last edited:
Haven't noticed any for sale lately. Always interesting to know what those might be going for. Personally, I like them. Fun to mix in a torsade and they often have excellent luster. Agree your idea of a rope is nice--perhaps add a few larger pearls here and there as contrast.

The strands I have from long ago are 36" continuous strands, knotted between every 5th pearl. No idea what I paid for them, but I'm sure it wasn't much.

They came that way (continuous strands) or did you combine some? I like mine a lot, because of the way they twinkle like fireflies in indirect light. I think I'm going to find the earlier post someone put up about a triple strand at auction or sale. I want to check the sale price.

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,

I've seen a couple on eBay lately while looking for used pieces that I might disassemble and use the findings from. I never look above $35 so they probably weren't too expensive.

- Karin

Thanks Karin. I've really enjoyed your posts and pictures, especially your German-sourced big white pearls (drool).

I enjoy PG so much that I am glad to contribute. I am hoping to get a ticket to the wholeseller fair in August here in Copenhagen again this year. It was after last years fair that the pearl gem bit me. Entrance this year would mean that I spend as much time as I like in the German vendors large pavillion - bound to be expensive! But I would be able to actually fondle the little babes (drool). I wonder if they hand out bibs at the door...

- Karin

Back