Revisiting Men in Pearls - a Pearl Guide News Article

Sure go for it! Here are my details:

Silver head & Tail findings
Head 26mmL X 14.5mmW (at its widest)
Tail 26.5mmL X 5.2mmW (at its widest)

The pearls are graduated from head to tail ( I thought it would look more interesting and realistic):
largest is 11.5 X12mm
smallest pearl is 9mmX 9.9mm
From nose to tail: just under 8" (its a bit big on me but that is how I wanted it)

btw I was lazy and used my brass millimeter gauge for all the dimensions, length measured by ruler.

(by comparison the Labradorite version has 9.5-10mm beads throughout and it comes in at roughly 8")

I bought my first two on Etsy, be careful though, some of the esty vendors sell a base metal version (mine are .925 sterling), I don't remember the vendor :( for the others (I have 6 or 7 somewhere), but I know/remember the seller will modify the heads and tails with different finishes. There quite a few that look just like this on Etsy.

BPDDC - I seriously love your snake claps Tahitian bracelet. I think I need to replicate one for Brad if that's ok with you! Would you please share dimension of the clasp and mm for the pearls? I saw a few snake clasps on Etsy but wanted to get one the appropriate size/proportion!

Last edited:
Oh wow, love David's bracelet and I love love love BPD's combinations. Men need to see these photos to plant the seed that they, too, can enjoy more pearls. Also, the detail of the pearls tapering to the tail is just genius. :)

If only u knew! (I am a shower "Rocker" in real life though...can't wear the jewels in the shower sadly)
BPDDC, you are rockin' the chain & pearls combo neck piece!

I agree. I am glad you started this thread no doubt more guys will find their way here with SE searches?

Oh wow, love David's bracelet and I love love love BPD's combinations. Men need to see these photos to plant the seed that they, too, can enjoy more pearls. Also, the detail of the pearls tapering to the tail is just genius. :)

Eagle eyes, That is a better price than I remember paying online. I did not get any from Rio Grande...at least I don't remember buying any there.

BTW, Rio Grande has a sterling snake hook and eye clasp for about $22-23, looks very similar. Thanks for sharing the dimensions, BPDDC.

PrlChainlinks.jpgprls 4.jpg

Wanted to show them off the neck, the new pic shows the colors a bit better. Now you might see why I like the Fluorite wolf head with these.

This just arrived from Josh and Celeste (Kamoka Pearl)

My Shot (sorry it is very late and just opened it):

KamokaShot 2.jpg

Kamoka Shot:

il_570xN.1419489658_ff25.jpg

and since I know you folks always ask (and I actually have the details):

10.4mm Aubergine "short" pearl. Their picture is much more accurate of the colors.

OOOOO, I was eyeing that one. It is beautiful. Now we need neck shots!!!

Back