Remember my "gamble" buying BIG pearls ??

I

imanit

Hi !!
Do you remember when I was stressing waiting for my 99$ 15mm pearls ????
Well, this is what I did with those "better ones" from the strand:
PICT0007S.jpg

PICT0008S.jpg

PICT0009S.jpg

PICT0006S.jpg

PICT0011S.jpg

I bought 8.5-9mm "not so perfect shape, but excellent luster FW and combined then with some of those "biggies" in 68" rope.
I "borrowed" the idea from another thread from here.....thank you.....
Earring on some pictures = 10mm Freshadama ( to help you compare....)

I made some more "funky pearls" necklaces / bracelets / earrings, even one ring.
Caitlin - is there any cure to this sickness that is taking over my mind ( and wallet)??????? Is it getting better or worse in time ???? I'm really worried.......
I'll try to do some pictures and to post them next week.

Imanit!

That is totally gorgeous!!!!

---There is no cure

----It just gets worse, and worse, and worse----:D

IMO,

Pattye

Hi Iman
You've got it and there is no cure. :D Those are some nice looking pearls, now where did you get 15mm regardless of price? I'd pay more than 99c, for those.

Those big pearls ended up being 12-13mm and I got them on eBay....this is why I was stressing while waiting for delivery. They ended up being worth more than 99$ even if size wasn't as advertised.

The gamble seems to be fine! Even in that size range you did fine. If they really were 15mm as advertised that would have been amazing, but at 12-13mm, a hundred is still fine.

Gamble? What gamble !? ;)

The large ones look great! And so does the bright smaller one sin the strand... Any chance we might see them modelled? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh. Those pearls ended up being a great buy, IMO. They look great :) Grats!

I "borrowed" the idea from another thread from here.....thank you.....

You're welcome ;) - the strand turned out great, nice buy.

Thanks for posting the pictures! What a great necklace. Congratulations!

Perle

As promised, I'm showing you (proudly) my latest creations.
Big dark "fireballs" - I re-did them (again)...
Pink/mauve/peach - those are natural color pearls - very beautifull shine - I like what I did with them...
Green / brown / coper is similar to what I did before ( I gave other one to my mother) - pearls in this one are bigger...
PICT0003s.jpg

PICT0004s.jpg

PICT0007s.jpg

PICT0010s.jpg

PICT0011s.jpg

Hi Imanit,

Awesome, amazing and fabulous! I guess if I had to pick a fav it would be the natural color, you are inspiring!!
Your Mom is a fortunate lady!

Pattye
So many pearls, so little time

Hi Imanit

Very stylish! I like the way you mix pearls, esp the pink one, and I admire your work with wire- I never could do it well. You make it look good enough to go try again :D

Wow, you did some really gorgeous work! I like the natural pinks/peaches- particularly those earrings. The independent layering is going to work really well when worn!

I also am interested in seeing more of the ring in the first photo you posted- do you have any additional images of just the ring, face on? No worries if you don't, but pearl rings seem to be getting more and more popular and it's always interesting to see fresh ideas!

Keep up the great work! :D

Imanit, those all look great - you really have a wonderful eye for design. The pink earrings are just stunning, and I like how you've redesigned the fireballs.

Deb

I tried my hand on a ring, because I had this one pearl from a string that I bought that was "asking" to be treated as something special. The orient on this one is amazing. You have an impression that you can see into the very center of the pearl...
I'm not totaly happy with my ring design - I have to find some other pearls to "finish it on the sides. The big pearl is drilled close to the flat surface - small keshis are "hiding" the hole...
PICT0001S.jpg

PICT0002S.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0003S.jpg
    PICT0003S.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 44
  • PICT0004S.jpg
    PICT0004S.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 33
The ring definitely has wearability to it- there are mountings out there that look to die for in the display case but will do nothing for you once you put it on... the ring fits your hand nicely- I bet you could wear it with all kinds of outfits!

I really appreciate the photos, thanks very much! The center pearl is quite striking and large- perfect for a ring, I love it! I don't know how I feel about the keshi accents, though...it looks like they detract attention from the spectacular center. I realize that you needed to conceal the drill holes on either side of the pearl, but perhaps you could use smaller round black freshwater pearls instead?

I noticed the mounting is not set up to hold gemstones at all, but a colored gemstone accent on either side would be really pretty, and if you had the prongs for a setting built up high enough you could still "hide" the drill holes- just a random thought, but: Lemon Yellow Sapphire Trillian-cuts? Or maybe Imperial Topaz with some sunrise pink tones in them... About 1/3cts each...yum!

Again, keep up the great work! Your pieces look great!

Thanks for an honest opinion and suggestions... Those trillion cut saphires - why saphires, lets use pink diamonds !!!
This was the best setting I found to "contain" this rather big pearl ( base is 11 x 13mm). As I said before, I'm not happy with it. I'm sure I'll be redoing it. One day I'll find a way to show this pearl properly.....

The ring looks way nicer on hand than close up... (is that epoxi? hope it can be removed w/o leaving stains).

Definitely love the keshi clusters idea & wish it could be incorporated in an innovative setting. Could see small colored stone beads - perhaps carved ones - used with or instead keshis. Something along THESE LINES comes to mind, just because the example came up and I know these also look great, and less provoking on hand than they do on paper, so to speak. Something like this would definitely be a left-hand middle finger ring to me (size 3 on ring finger, leaves no room for much of anything next to a big pearl like that! You have the hand for it :) )

PS. by 'carved beads' I mean something like THESE, only way smaller, obviously.

Back