Question re Hong Kong shows

Zakkala

Community member
Hiya,

I've been reading a bit about the Hong Kong shows and was wondering if anyone can answer a few questions for me about attending these? I really am a novice in this field so apologies if the answers to these should be obvious to me!

1) Can I attend if I don't own a business? If not, what evidence do I need to present - would it be a VAT number or something else / more (I'm in the UK).
2) If I were to buy anything at the show where can I find out about the procedures I need to follow to get them from Hong Kong to UK (I'm assuming there are duties to be paid etc)?
3) Never having been to one of these shows, is it a case of you pay the price on the label or can you negotiate?
4) Is english the language of the show or do I need to start learning cantonese?
5) Is there anything else a novice needs to know?

Figure I might as well give myself plenty of time in case I fancy going to the one next Feb / March!

Thanks folks!

Last edited:
Question re Hong Kong shows
Hiya,

I've been reading a bit about the Hong Kong shows and was wondering if anyone can answer a few questions for me about attending these? I really am a novice in this field so apologies if the answers to these should be obvious to me!

1) Can I attend if I don't own a business? If not, what evidence do I need to present - would it be a VAT number or something else / more (I'm in the UK).

Entry is relatively easy. Passport and business card should get you in. Better register online
2) If I were to buy anything at the show where can I find out about the procedures I need to follow to get them from Hong Kong to UK (I'm assuming there are duties to be paid etc)?

There are no restrictions on export from HK as for import into UK I don't Know I let Fedex handle.
3) Never having been to one of these shows, is it a case of you pay the price on the label or can you negotiate?

Yes quanty helps

4) Is english the language of the show or do I need to start learning cantonese?

English is ok
5) Is there anything else a novice needs to know?
Know the product you are going to buy

Figure-s I might as well give myself plenty of time in case I fancy going to the one next Feb / March!

Thanks folks!

Thanks pbazar, that gives me a good start. I'm currently doing the GIA course, so working on knowing a bit more about what I plan to buy - I guess it's only experience that will really help in the end though.

Back