Private Offer List

Hi Josh,

It is Jeremy's personal list--for offering unique items of very limited quantity that he occasionally has available, email him for more info.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Josh said:
OK. Someone clear me up on the distinction between that and advertising then. Or is it fine to set up a private offer list of my own? Inquiring minds want to know.

It would be cool if you did bra.

Well, we actually asked for the private offer list. Jeremy only posts about the new projects he's undertaking to let us know what's the latest in perliculture. To avoid losing out on the offers we requested for the list to be set up. It took alot of months. There is a separate mailing list for his own customers that you subscribe to when you checkout from his site that is not related to PG.

This private offer list is now closed. If you want to set one up I'm sure you can. You just have to come up with something that PG-ers here want badly enough.

Most of it started with the more usual stuff found in Show Us Your Pearls. People from all over have been posting and I'd hate to see vendors being prohibited from posting about the wondrous things that they've seen. Just so happens that sometimes these beauties can be brought to us firsthand. When I post about things I buy I'm also providing feedback about the vendors I purchase from. If I love my purchases I will also usually mention where I got it from. Am I being paid to advertise for them then? I love your work Josh, but I find it a bit affronting that the assumption was made without fully understanding the background history of it all. By the time I actually started posting on PG I pretty much read all the posts on the site.

Last edited:
Josh said:
OK. Someone clear me up on the distinction between that and advertising then. Or is it fine to set up a private offer list of my own? Inquiring minds want to know.

Whenever you have your own private offer list, please do count me in :p

Sorry to anyone I PO'd with my previous post. I certainly didn't mean to. Peace and love everybody.

Assuming it's OK to start a new list, what do P-G'ers want to see? Can I suggest color?

Last edited:
Josh said:
Can I suggest color?

Is that a question ? :cool:

Anything that's interesting to you it should be ten times over who someone that does not handle nearly as many pearls, and that's a crowd!

It will not even taste like advertisement on this side of the screen if you throw in some interesting, weird things w/o commercial potential.

Make sure there's enough space in your e-mail account, too! :eek: (expecting a flood)

We would love to see you start something. My concern would be that as a farmer you probably want sales volume. The whole point of the private list is to limit numbers. The profit margin on those pieces is not high unfortunately. What usually happens is Jeremy keeps us updated on the latest stuff on the horizon. It may not even happen for a full year or so, but when there is a suitable volume (enough to keep 100 or so of us happy) he sorts them out and puts them up on a private page. If it were on a public page we wouldn't get a chance at it because of the number of people browsing his site. Even we have to stay up to get at the page at first chance, otherwise the choice pieces get taken.

...weird things w/o commercial potential.
That is really the key right there. The private offer list was set up for the benefit of Pearl-Guide members, not as an outlet to sell pearls. In fact, it has never been my intention to make any profit on that list. It is a gift to the members here.

The exotics, for example, are something we would never sell on PP. They are just too rare. But I sent Mia to China for a week to go to factory after factory after factory and collect every exotic she could. She collected enough for this list - that was the goal. And when we do finally offer the exotics, the prices will not come anywhere near covering the cost of collecting them. But the members here will have the opportunity to own something they would never, ever be able to find on their own.

Advertising, which is something we all dislike to see here very much, is very different in my opinion. Advertising is all about making a buck and has nothing to do with giving anything back. As Raisondetre put it, we have a 'commercial' list. But that and the private offer list are two very different things.

If you want to do the same thing, collect all the exotic pearls from your next harvest. I don't mean just the really peacock ones, or the perfect ones. I mean the ones that anyone at the Vaima Center would say "Wow! That is really special!" Then offer them to the list for a lot less than anyone in the 'biz' would be willing to pay for them in an instant - that would make it a gift. Anything less would make it a 'commercial' list.

OK Raison and Jeremy. I think I am clear on it. I'm not sure of the volume I'd be able to contribute but I would love to "take care" of PG'ers like this.
There is a pearl or two in the pipeline already. It takes time though, people would be surprised if they knew how rare the wow pearls really were. I think I would be able to offer singles and earrings. It's hard to imagine the 100 people you guys are talking about but I guess they are there in orbit somewhere.
I'm thinking about April or May of next year.

Please add me to your list also, Josh! Thanks Jeremy, for the review of the Private List. A way for some of us collectors to have the rare and beautiful without traveling the world!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Wow, Jeremy - those are amazing! Thank you (and Mia!) - hope to get to see some of those in real life :)

Josh, would love to be added to your list, too!

Perle

Hello from Singapore

Hello from Singapore

Hi everyone, I'm from Singapore and I'm a newbie when it comes to pearls. But somehow I got interested, started to google and found this wonderful forum. (Lucky me :D ) The forum has been so informative (I'm still reading and learning) and has helped me to avoid costly purchase mistakes on ebay.

Todate, I've bought from Pearl Outlet as well as rainbowislandpearl (an ebayer -I hope I get the name right) and they are wonderful to deal with in their unique ways.

Though this is going to be very bad for my wallet, I would like to humbly request to be added to the private list (if it is not too late) as well as Josh.

P.S. Jojonana are the names of my eldest maltese (who queens over everyone including me) and nana is the youngest/naughtiest.

Hello its me from Singapore (again)

Hello its me from Singapore (again)

I meant to say PP's private list..:eek:

Those pics look spectacular Jeremy. I can't wait for the list to come out. I found myself drawn to the smaller strands at the bottom of the top picture. For the amount of jewelry I own and would like to own, I really need a more interesting life:D

Josh said:
OK Raison and Jeremy. I think I am clear on it. I'm not sure of the volume I'd be able to contribute but I would love to "take care" of PG'ers like this.
There is a pearl or two in the pipeline already. It takes time though, people would be surprised if they knew how rare the wow pearls really were. I think I would be able to offer singles and earrings. It's hard to imagine the 100 people you guys are talking about but I guess they are there in orbit somewhere.
I'm thinking about April or May of next year.

Hi Josh,
here is another very interested member of the forum to be included in any private offer list of yours!
As long as your offer is as generous as Jeremy?s I am sure You will have a lot more than 100 people who would like to get a WOW-pearl.:)

I missed this thread until now- glad I found it. I am so glad Jeremy has such a big heart! Those pearls look like the first wave of freshadamas. Thay are so saturated with color! And thanks to Mia for seeking them out and bringing them home!

Josh, please add me to your special list, too, if and when you do one. Meanwhile put up a picture of pretty pearls everytime you find one. We like a record of them. The pix stay here to enchant folks long after the pearl has gone to its new home.

Hi Jeremy and Josh,

if it's not too late Jeremy I would love to also be added to your private list.. Josh I would also love to be added to yours as well please!! :)

Thanks! Happy Holidays to Everyone on PG!!

Is there room for another on these lists? I would looove to be added. I am new to this but have already started a nice little collection of interesting pieces. After seeing the thread on the baroque akoyas I put the strand from TPO on my xmas list:D

Back