PP's December Tahitian Baroque Sale

callire,

Glad to hear you managed to bag one of the strands in time! :D

And good luck with raising fund on eBay! :)

DK :)

I got about 5 strands - unknotted, just loose strands. I'm drawn the consistently circled pearls without the knobs. The big ones don't seem to have the color that I like, but I think when I get them there is going to have to be a super long strand coming out of it. I know this is sort of bad, but I want to look at them and then pick the 3 (really I'm going to hold the line there) that I like. I've been getting strands on "memo" so I guess that's what I'm doing here.
398, 355, 413 today and 345 & 352 from the first day. Unless I fully succumb, I will post the strand numbers and pictures that I don't keep before I send them back. If I don't succumb.

I just decided to cancel my order. Too much holiday stress and impulse buying. I'm going to wait until the New Year before I start buying again!

Earrings to sorta match your new baroque necklace from jeremy

Earrings to sorta match your new baroque necklace from jeremy

Has anyone checked out the Tahitian Pearl Earrings on sale over at TPO? I just got a call from Crystal over at TPO since I was trying to place an order and kept getting an error message. Their new server company messed up - but they still do have amazing deals on Tahitian earrings. They are calling each customer back who tried to place an order - that's service! And that really sucks for them too since it wasn't their fault. They even said they would try hard to match the coloration on the strand I got with Jeremy.

Anyway, here's what I just picked up from her:
http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?commodityID=17279&command=cp&supplierID=490

Here's another one they have on sale too:
http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?commodityID=17280&command=cp&supplierID=490

I figured if I'm going to get the GF the Tahitian baroque necklace, I have to get earrings as well - otherwise what will she wear to sorta match the necklace??!

Happy shopping everyone and thanks to both Shepards for working this weekend to give us great deals!!!

I was really tempted to get Ivona's strand (349) before but I still have to string my Tahitian baroques from Druzy Design. So many beautiful pearls for sale...

Woe is me. It's the evening of December 23, and I just got a call from Nia at PP to verify that I'd received the message they sent on the 19th (NO!) that the two strands I bought that day had in fact been sold to someone else. Woe! woe! Had I actually gotten the message, you KNOW I would have been back on the site shopping my little heart out.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll commisserate. No hard feelings for the lucky souls who got MY strands.:mad:

Woe (did I say that already?).:(

To try to look on the bright side of things, I guess that just means I'll have to shop for lots more pearls in 2009!!!!!

Happy holidays to all -

Sheri (wallowing in my disappointment, but I imagine I'll get over it eventually...)

Uh oh - sorry to hear Sheri. I just got an email saying my package is going to ship soon - maybe I will get it Wed! If so, I will take pics of the strand I got 358 (hopefully this isn't the one you wanted) and post for all to see. Have a great christmas otherwise Sheri.

Uh oh - sorry to hear Sheri. I just got an email saying my package is going to ship soon - maybe I will get it Wed! If so, I will take pics of the strand I got 358 (hopefully this isn't the one you wanted) and post for all to see. Have a great christmas otherwise Sheri.

It was 343 and 348 I was after, but again, I'm happy for whoever got them, even though it wasn't me! Looking forward to seeing your photos, panda...

I'm recovering...in fact, kind of getting the urge to make a couple bracelets, after I watch the Grinch.

Ho ho ho.

Sheri

Pattye and Sheri - you both have enviable collections to go and play in, too. That would cheer up any pearl lover!
Well and truly into Christmas Eve here, and just organizing a few things before heading out to a Carols Service. Fruit mince pies and Christmas cake...yum!

Oh, Sheri - I feel just terrible!:( I had purchased strand 343 but then read your post in which you said you bought it, so I contacted PP to see if I was too late for it, so I could look for another. They told me that I was the one who had in fact gotten to it first, and that they were sending you an email right then to alert you to the fact that both the strands you wanted were unavailable. I was waiting to say anything here until you brought it up, because I thought it seemed inappropriate for me to be the one to say you missed out on it. It never, ever occurred to me that you might not have gotten the email! I am so sorry - I obviously should have spoken up sooner :(

Ooohhh, my package just arrived from Jeremy at work. I couldn't wait to open it up. It's better than I expected! I'm pleasantly surprised. I think Kristen packed mine - Thanks Kristen!! It was hard for them to show the size of the pearls in their picture (in fact the web picture made them look smaller than a lot of other strands that were supposed to be smaller). So I'm happy. They have the usual spots, 1 wrinkle and other misc. blemishes you'd expect in an AA/AA+ strand but from an arms length you can't really see anything. I'll take pics tonight when I get home from work and show you. I hope she likes them. She finally gets them on Valentine's Day!

I got 2 of my strands yesterday, and the rest got on island this morning (tracking - obsessed), so I will have them today! I love the first 2, so I know the others will be amazing and it will be hard not to keep them all, but I must not, really, I must not. Sheri, you might get a strand yet!

Oh, Sheri - I feel just terrible!:( I had purchased strand 343 but then read your post in which you said you bought it, so I contacted PP to see if I was too late for it, so I could look for another. They told me that I was the one who had in fact gotten to it first, and that they were sending you an email right then to alert you to the fact that both the strands you wanted were unavailable. I was waiting to say anything here until you brought it up, because I thought it seemed inappropriate for me to be the one to say you missed out on it. It never, ever occurred to me that you might not have gotten the email! I am so sorry - I obviously should have spoken up sooner :(

No worries, Boo - I'm glad it's you who got it - enjoy! As I said before, it'll just give me a good excuse to shop for more goodies (as if I really need an excuse...). What threw me off was the fact that all I got was an email confirming the transaction, not anything cancelling it. So it goes. As I said, enjoy the pearls, and the happiest of holidays to you!

Sheri

hey callire - hope this helps. Waimeamomi I can't wait to see your pics! Silver/grey works best with my GF's skin tone. They are much heavier than other strands I've bought her from PP. Nice and big too - yippee!

Attachments

• Tahitian2.jpg
    Tahitian2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Tahitian1.jpg
    Tahitian1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Tahitian3.jpg
    Tahitian3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Tahitian4.jpg
    Tahitian4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 39
That is nice statement piece, I am sure your GF will love it, good on you! :D

Question, would you tell her that it is a bargain? :p :D

DK :)

Waimeamomi I can't wait to see your pics!

OK, here they are. These were taken in cloudy, rainy light. Here's a game to see how obsessed we are all. Who can match the strands to the numbers? That will give us an idea of how much time people spent with the PP pictures. No prizes, sorry. I actually had to play that game a little because the second 3 strands came without any tags or ID on them. I think those guys were really busting their humps to get them out, and thanks for that!!!

Game 2 - guess which 3 strands I have decided to keep. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PPtah1.jpg
    PPtah1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 36
  • PPtah2.jpg
    PPtah2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back