Please Help!!!

Ok i just took a picture of them next to a ruler (a little fuzzy) and next to a dime. Up in a sec

dime pearl.jpg

here it is

So circumference rather than diameter.. makes more sense.

Hi again PearlGearl,

These last pearls are a nice larger size. What was the last year (or approximately) your Grandfather was in business?

Your hopes were up also, I know. The way things are in this economy, it would be wonderful to find an amazing treasure! We all love to see unusual pearls, too, like really huge ones would be!

Oh gosh I don't know. I wouldn't even really say he was in business. After he retired from the military he got into all sorts of hobbies. Making jewelry was one of them. He had a room in his basement that had thousands and thousands of strings of different beads. I used to string all of his pearls for him because he couldn't see the holes. My mom took them all for safe keeping when he died. I have boxes and boxes of beads in my attic. I took a lot of the pearls to make keepsakes with but now I have all these loose pearls (and to be honest I'm not much of a pearl wearer). I really don't think he sold to many people outside the family; granted we have a pretty enormous family.

Back