Pink South Sea Pearls Necklace

asurazzy

Hello!

So a few months ago I got offered bunch of pink pearls that its said to be South Sea. The person said it is natural color without any enhancement. The person said it's hard to find color and he only got a handful. He offered it to me because he know I like strange kinda pearls. But then I heard that South Sea only have black, white, and golden as its natural color. But I took it anyway because the pearls are a bit wonky shaped and its strange looking and I do like those kind of pearls. So I asked to be made into double strands tincup style set in 22 k gold. When its completed I just loveeee ittt! Now its my fave necklace!

First photo I just lay it on top of my black dress and the second one I just held it with my hand. The color its not like real pink but more like silverish lavenderish bit pinkiesh...colors. I asked for some more to be made into earrings but he said I must wait a bit for the stock its hard to find. I do still thinking if this is the real natural color...

So if you have pinkish SS pearls I would like to see it as well. Please feel free to post it!

Attachments

• 18643529_10213474415037654_1666468249_n.jpg
    18643529_10213474415037654_1666468249_n.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Harmony strand Golay
    181.3 KB · Views: 39
They are pretty but I've never seen ssp in pink other than pearls from Burma that have a pink overtones. Did the seller say if they were dyed?

ETA: I see you said he said they were natural. Wow!

I suspect that these are dyed freshwater since the pink looks very pink and I've never seen or heard of pink south sea pearls.Nevertheless, a very attractive necklace which I hope you will enjoy wearing

Last edited:
I think they are likely dyed but they're lovely. Enjoy your wonderful pink pearls!

Hi there amti, pearlsessence and baby nurse. The seller said its pink southsea. Not dyed. I dont know what pearl it is because I'm not an expert. I think I will post it on another thread asking what exactly it is. I put the more clearer photo of the pearls here.

Attachments

• 20170523_163200.jpg
    20170523_163200.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 41
I'm pretty sure they are dyed, SSP do not come in bright pink. But who cares, the colours are pretty and they look fabulous against your skin.

ebay has alot of auctions claiming South Sea Pearls in pink and also Lavender...it's frusstrating . I hoped that they were SS and were new colors developing but I have never read of any other SS colors except the ones we already know of...But now I see IcyJade found a pink one...are there new colors coming out of the SSpearl world?

Hi Katbran. Yaa I see what you mean! Its just like overtone pink.

Pareltje thats thats a very nice drop pearl. Does Icy know where the pearl came from?

SpookyAl I havent buy any pearls from ebay so I dont know. The pearl seller that sold me these is from lombok. They sold the pearl by the gr instead of diameter. They also made their own setting.

Asurazzy, no the drop was found by IcyJade in Hong Kong. I don't remember if the vendor told her where it was from.

ebay has alot of auctions claiming South Sea Pearls in pink and also Lavender...it's frusstrating . I hoped that they were SS and were new colors developing but I have never read of any other SS colors except the ones we already know of...But now I see IcyJade found a pink one...are there new colors coming out of the SSpearl world?

SpookyAL, Icy also found this unique green color. You can find the picture back in a thread she started a while ago.
greenish gssp.jpg

asurazzy, I also think your pink pearls are probably dyed, but they are pretty anyway. Enjoy them!

I'm pretty sure they are dyed, SSP do not come in bright pink. But who cares, the colours are pretty and they look fabulous against your skin.

This! They are so pretty plus they look great with the 22k gold. I wish 22k gold chain, beads, and findings were more prevalent here!

Red - I remember that photo...gorgeous ring !

Pareltje- wow that is very pink ... I've never seen one that intense and look at the lustre on a pearl that size...that's a stunner! I wonder how much the lighting is effecting the colour of the pearl..the backing paper looks quite pink.

I must say I never really look at the loose pearls in SS - I tend to look at Tahitians. The only pink ones I've ever seen are the Fancy Pink/White that have a pink 'glow' ...but they are most definitely White pearls. I'll have to keep my eyes open at the next show.

Hi Red! That ring is so gorgeous! Thats an interesting thread forum. You saw the pink SS strand posted in there?? Its even pinker than mine hahaha n they said its natural color.

Pearldream n MSC I do enjoy them and love to wear it. It is common in Indonesia to custom order your gold setting. Most will use 22 kt or 18 kt solid gold.

Katbran wish I know when there will be any gem or pearl show in Sydney.

asurazzy - the jewellery show in Sydney is mostly ready made jewellery that is sold to jewellers or web site stores. There are only a few pearl people there . I think last time there was one Akoya company , one South Sea, one general inexpensive seller ... that was about it. It's not really a pearl / gem show - it's a jewellery show for stores. Sadly.. be nice to have something closer to home.

Aweeee Katbran...is that mean regular mortal like me couldnt watch the show? Only for stores huh?? I wouldnt mind poking around and drooling over jewelleries tho Im sure I wouldnt buy anything. It will be pretty much higher than my budget range. Jewelleries in Sydney are sooohhh expensive...

Back