Pearls with gold paint

I wonder if you could use enamel paint to do this? I might have to buy some cheap pearls and try...

Well this was a fun pin page to browse Maki-e Pearls

It is a lacquer based and uses karat gold, from what I read but I dunno about the durability. I wouldn't put one on a ring but earrings or pendants may be fine. Anyone want to try it and see?

Ok, I'm definitely going to try this. I need to order some pearls, and I know the perfect place to get paint once I move back to Austria Tuesday.

It does look interesting to try)) but I honestly wouldn't risk it myself without a reputable review (from someone here on the forum :) ) because I had a disappointing experience with gold paint on a Frei Wille enamel ring. It was supposed to last for at least 10 years but came off within first couple of months. I now feel very suspicious of any precious metal paints or glazes :)

Ok, I have some paint. Now I need some pearls to sacrifice and sufficiently tiny brushes.

This is significantly harder than I thought it was going to be. I ordered some pearls from Wen, but while I'm waiting for those to get here I went ahead and bought some beads to practice on and it's awful. I feel like I need a smaller brush, but I got the smallest I couldn't find.

This is significantly harder than I thought it was going to be. I ordered some pearls from Wen, but while I'm waiting for those to get here I went ahead and bought some beads to practice on and it's awful. I feel like I need a smaller brush, but I got the smallest I couldn't find.
Post photos!
I saw something recently that used those one use flossers for painting straight lines on things.

For painting the Russian lacquer boxes they sometimes use a brush that is a single hair. Maybe if you took one hair out of your brush?

I'm going to try the flosser idea and also try to taper my brush a bit. I'm having trouble with the lacquer drying too quickly on the brush when I'm using just one (thicker) hair that I took out. I will of course post pictures when I get something worthwhile!

I googled floss nail art and nail art brushes and found these:
Looks like there are a ton of different types of nail art brushes to choose from, some with fine tips
nail art brushes.jpg
flosser nail art 1.jpg
flosser nail art 2.jpg

Flosser was a bust, but I'll go to the beauty store tomorrow and see what I can find in the nail art section.

Back