Pearls & Mini Origamis! Stars cranes & flowers!!!

Wow, how creative! I like to do origami as well, but have never seen small ones like this - amazing!

Thank you so much ladies for the compliments and support, made me really happy! :eek:

BWeaves - I had to start using a precision pointed tweezer and got extra lighting. Attempted magnifying glasses but didn't quite like the one I got so have to try out more options!

Amti - sharp eyes from a fellow origami enthusiast! I did use washi papers, they were the first ones I made actually. Interestingly, while the Post-It paper colors really popped with resin, the washi paper got a bit washed out instead... I'll post pics with pieces overlayed on top of the original paper like I did for the post-it notes sometimes this weekend.

The resin make the pieces surprisingly sturdy, but they are by no means bang around pieces. My boyfriend was super freaked out wearing them, and I had to keep on reassuring him that they are just paper and if you smash one I make more! ;) I actually smashed a little star as a demo and he totally freaked lol. :eek:

The crane and flower can definitely snag, but it really doesn't matter to me I still love them just as much.

Lady_D and BabyNurse, you ladies are too sweet. I never felt like I could reach enough scale and consistency to have an Etsy store, but you're right, why not, perhaps I'll give it a try. :rolleyes:

BTW a little background story on the Star & Crane - in Asia, these origamis are often associated with good wishes. It is popular to make 1000 of them and make a wish, and with each star and/or crane you make, you infuse it with a prayer or good wish. I thought the theme is lovely. And people make those a lot for temple offerings. I attempted a waaaay scaled down version and phew omg I didn't want to make 1000!

Here is a temple pic that I loved:
IMG_0820.jpgIMG_0820.jpg

And I was inspired to make this mini bundle which included cranes of 2 different sizes.

IMG_3639.jpgIMG_3622.jpg

Here is a pic of Purranha with the washi papers!
IMG_1871.jpg

And some random other origami stuff I made with washi papers.
IMG_2412.jpgIMG_2457.jpgIMG_2931.jpg

Also wanted to say a big thank you to my lovely PG crafting partners Sheri and Lema (Battah)! I've never worked with resin before this project and was a bit clueless, but when Sheri made me those incredible cidaca wing earrings coated in resin, it gave me the inspiration.
image1.jpg

And when I wanted to find out how to coat origami with resin, Sheri was traveling so I pinged Lema who sent me links on what to buy, how to get started. She also thought I was thinking about encasing origami in resin in a mold rather than coating them, which launched the entire line of the dome cabs with stars and cranes in them!
IMG_3914.jpg

Thank you ladies! Love my PG community! :eek:

I'm amazed with how delicate these are!!! Purranha, you are so talented & I agree with others that you should open an Etsy store! Your designs are definitely unique & quite beautiful!!

Wow, I am amazed you can fold the designs so small. Your pieces are so colorful and fun. My origami loving daughters would be obsessed with your rings!

Woah! That's just exquisite! I cant believe you were able to make something so tiny. I totally agree with others - the world needs to be able to buy these. I would never have thought to incorporate origami with jewelry like that!

Purr what fun, beautiful creations. You have a unique talent. Please bring some next week to the ruckus.

Hello fellow ruckusers,

I will be coming to Ruckus this year. Love to get in touch with all of you. I can use Whatsapp, but I don't know how to access any of you there. I'll be getting to LAX about 11:30 on Friday, but I think everyone is already linked up. I am resourceful and will find my way to the Hilton. I would give you my cell for messages if there is a secure way to do that. I am anxious to see those of you I know and to meet those of you that are my PG friends.
Hey what's this about white linen pants?? I guess I should bring them anyway. Ha!
See you soon,
J

Hello fellow ruckusers,

I will be coming to Ruckus this year. Love to get in touch with all of you. I can use Whatsapp, but I don't know how to access any of you there. I'll be getting to LAX about 11:30 on Friday, but I think everyone is already linked up. I am resourceful and will find my way to the Hilton. I would give you my cell for messages if there is a secure way to do that. I am anxious to see those of you I know and to meet those of you that are my PG friends.
Hey what's this about white linen pants?? I guess I should bring them anyway. Ha!
See you soon,
J

Hi Judi! Amti is sharing a google spread sheet with everybody's contact, arrival date, airlines, etc. You might wanna send her a message for that

My spreadsheet started out with just the AM arrivals but I've been adding people as they PM me, so I have a few others on the sheet. Berna (BWeaves) is coordinating the noon arrivals, so be sure to reach out to her. I'll send you a PM Judi!

Back