Pearls & Mini Origamis! Stars cranes & flowers!!!

Also wanted to say a big thank you to my lovely PG crafting partners Sheri and Lema (Battah)! I've never worked with resin before this project and was a bit clueless, but when Sheri made me those incredible cidaca wing earrings coated in resin, it gave me the inspiration.
View attachment 61058

This photo belongs on a fashion magazine spread. I don't what I love more: the wonderful pearls, the striking wing earrings or the whole ensemble with the creamy top. PG never fails to wow me.

Madly in love with all of this Purranha !!! I tried to make 1,000 cranes for daughter’s wedding ... she stopped me lol!

Purranha, your handwork is exquisite. The patience and attention that is required is prodigious and the end result so precise and gorgeous. Such a talent.
I have been working in millimeter spaces under magnification for 31 years, doing handwork ( not jewelry) and I would be hard pressed to even attempt this. I absolutely adore the petite flowers- they are magnificent! The colors so vibrant and cheerful I have also admired your stringing with tassels- you have a definite artistic eye and hand. I truly admire your artistry.

This photo belongs on a fashion magazine spread. I don't what I love more: the wonderful pearls, the striking wing earrings or the whole ensemble with the creamy top. PG never fails to wow me.

Aww thank you so much Lady_D! haha need to credit/source this photo here. I was in the bay area last summer for an event, stayed for a few days longer and crashed with Sheri. I arm twisted her to drive me to Sarah Kojima's studio lol! Sooo, as mentioned, the gooorgeous cicada wing earrings are made by Sheri, and the double strands of Kasumi pearls are of course Sarah's treasures, photo taken by Sarah and made it onto her IG gallery! :eek:

Ladies, thank you all again for being so supportive of and complimentary to my projects!

Haha talk about patience, I don't always have them. BUT, I did spend 30+ hours on flights when I went home to Taipei in May. So, I made myself a little origami box stuffed with supplies, made origamis with movies playing in the background!

IMG_3053.jpgIMG_3072.jpg

Purranha, your handwork is exquisite. The patience and attention that is required is prodigious and the end result so precise and gorgeous. Such a talent.
I have been working in millimeter spaces under magnification for 31 years, doing handwork ( not jewelry) and I would be hard pressed to even attempt this. I absolutely adore the petite flowers- they are magnificent! The colors so vibrant and cheerful I have also admired your stringing with tassels- you have a definite artistic eye and hand. I truly admire your artistry.

2thdktr curious what kind of millimeter handwork do you do! Please share when you get a chance. :)

What each person considers too much patience varies a lot! I am sure plenty of people look at the carefully sorted and knotted ropes on PG and think "wow, too much patience for me", little guessing how much we love it.

So true. I hand spin yarn and then weave it it into cloth. Takes me years to finish a piece sometimes. I just enjoy the process. But I cannot stand to sew. I don't have the patience for it. The garment gets sewn up the day before I want to wear it.

Back