Pearls & Mini Origamis! Stars cranes & flowers!!!

ooohhhh lololol!!! Never mind! :p

LOL-- I usually don't announce what I do with a name, but someone suggested it would be cute and so....
Yes, I am in my 31st year of being a general dentist and I would like to retire and start making jewelry!

Lol I have weird relationship with dentistry in general - I have super weak teeth - I brush after EVERY MEAL, brush gently and brush vertically in arched motion. YET I still get cavities AND I get abrasion from over brushing. Doomed if I do, doomed if I don't.

AND, coming from Asia, I'm used to dentist just fill my cavities/abrasions without lidocaine shots. I find the shots to be more painful than the teeth filling itself, so I have refused them here and the dentists here can't believe it and think I have some crazy pain tolerance!

I never heard that one before.......

You'll be laughing when you teach me to knot and string and I'll be all thumbs;)

I think it will be you who marvels at how much I still fumble, even after all this time. If I ever make a knotting video (and I'm thinking about having my daughter help me make one, using Serafil / Beader's Secret/no tweezers) it will definitely have to be made in segments. Because there will be need to be loads of do-overs. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL-- I usually don't announce what I do with a name, but someone suggested it would be cute and so....
Yes, I am in my 31st year of being a general dentist and I would like to retire and start making jewelry!

It is cute. When you first popped up here I noticed your name wasn't a word, so I tried sounding it out, and yep, she's a dentist.

I've had a wonderful dentist for the past 34 years who is truly an artist. He talks about working in microns, not millimeters! His tiny sculptures are not widely appreciated, except by each grateful patient. (I once asked him if he ever did tooth tattoos, but he refuses to do them! Some story about a person who had a rose with a green stem on a front tooth, and people kept stopping them to say they had spinach stuck in their teeth.)

Actually - when I was looking around for magnifying & tweezer/tool options, someone suggested asking my dentist.
I didn't have a steady relationship with a good dentist (due to changing insurance plans, etc), so haha felt weird asking.

2thdktr do you have some recs for websites where we can order some of those awesome glasses with those magnifying loops built in and some interesting looking torture devices lol?

Oooooh dental tools! People keep telling me to ask my dentist for old tools, since they're great for carving metal clay. I wouldn't know what to ask for though, there are so many kinds!

Oh tooth tattoo. There's a woman who works at my local drugstore who has a rhinestone on one of her teeth. The first time I saw it, I kept thinking she had something stuck to her tooth, too. I mean I guess it's pretty? Just not where I'd expect to see jewelry!

Purranha, like everyone already said, there's no way your marvelous creations wouldn't be a hit on etsy. I can see special occasion collections going especially well, friendship bracelets, Cufflinks for Valentine's Day and so on!
Have you tried using Italian marbled paper? I have only ever seen big origami done with this so I am not sure if they would work for your miniature creations but some of these papers have gemstone-like surfaces that I think could pair well with your whimsical designs & pearls.

I'm going to be the one nasayer about selling your wares. It would take the fun out of it. And if they are at all fragile, you risk a buyer breaking their purchase, or the post office crushing the box.

On Ravelry, the knitting and weaving website, there is a whole thread about "You should sell those" being a well meaning compliment, but not being taken as a compliment by the person who just wanted to hear, "Those are awesome! You're so talented!"

That said, if you want to sell a couple to a few of us, nobody else need know. ;)

Purranha, your creativity blows me away, just love it.

Back