Pearls from Mexico

I only have three of Douglas's beauties plus a pair of mabe earrings.
This one I bought off the back of the Tesla at the 2015 ruckus
20140726_091727_20.jpg

Hisano searched for matching akoyas to create the perfect setting for it.
blueAkoyanecklacea.jpg

White body blue overtone Tahitians with a Kamoka bird keshi and bottom two pearls Sea of Cortez
IMG_1372.jpg

My mabe earrings and I got to try one one of Sarah's Sea of Cortez mabe necklaces. I wish it was mine ;)
IMG_0450.jpg

Love those SOC, Newberry!!! I always loved the way that Mabe necklace looked on you :)

What stunning pieces, Newberry. Your pearl collection is amazing.

Thank you all so much. I do love my pearls. It's amazing what fun pearls can be collected over time. I feel lucky that I walked through the Pearl Paradise door and then they would find my hearts desire. Most have been put on the wish list that they have shopped for. It might take a few harvests but they show up eventually to my delighted surprise.

My Sea of Cortez mabes, purchased directly from Douglas at the 2014 Pearl Paradise ruckus. I worked with local designer Soren at T Lee Custom Designer Jewelry. I truly enjoy wearing these amazing pieces of organic art.

c2_0390.jpg

Hard stone cameo 3

c_0357.jpg

Oooh, what a delight to see those lovely SOC pieces again, Red!

My Sea of Cortez were purchased about 11 years ago from Carolyn at Druzy Design and a few mabes and keshi from Douglas more recently. Carolyn had the mabes set in 22K gold in Bali. The pearls in my necklaces aren't the highest grade, but I adore their little "filbert nut" shapes and subtle pink, violet, blue and green overtones. The unset mabe is very dark purple. The last photo shows how the S of C fluoresce bright pink under uv light, a way to help identify this type pearl. For anyone that loves large and colorful, the mabes are a great value!

IMG_0322.jpg View attachment 1 P1020805.jpg

Always love seeing your beauties, Red, and thank you, Newberry, LFS, such fab treasures; we are all soooo fortunate to own such rare pearls.

Red, just beautiful pieces. The design really shows off the exquisite Sea of Cortez mabe pearls

Back