Pearls from Mexico

Have we seen Cortez black pearls? I may have missed it but can someone show some pictures?

I had an email this morning from some sale strands. Included was an astonishing Sea of Cortez strand:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a strand, but collect the pearls and mabe.
SofC.jpg
WENDY's SEA OF CORTEZ earrings and pendant set 1494.jpg
socmabe (2).jpg
IMG_5045.JPG

Magnificent Sea Of Cortez ladies! Here's my example: Sea of Cortez keshi pearls, diamond beads ... pearls by Douglas at Cortez Pearls, design and execution by Sarah of Kojima Pearl Company.

CATHY DASSLER - 1 889.jpg

Oh, Thank You, JerseyPearl! It's been floating around on PG for a while now; might even be a thread on it? :) It is indeed one of my very favorite pieces. Those keshi are really tiny, the biggest round center pearl is maybe around 9mm +/-. In my opinion, all credit for brilliance goes to Douglas for producing the pearl babies, and for Sarah for the genius execution!

JerseyPearl, it looks far better on the bust than on me LOL ... better preserves the illusion of a fairy queen's necklace. It is a great example though, that a pearl's size is not dependent on a tape measure, but rather on it's overall impact! Anyone can wear tiny pearls :)

Back